test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Discuss about Rogue on CN last boss

isfuturoisfuturo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Hi Guys,

I'm new to CN Dragon boss, i only manage to see him yesterday. I hope i can learn some tactic from the discussion.

1st Phase: Dragon's ray and big AOE
- Ray: easy to avoid so i will just walk away
- Big AOE: when im doing DF, i use my dodge to roll out but i'm always missing abit more to get out and hit by AOE.
So i decided to use stealth + impossible to catch to stay longer in boss.

2nd Phase: Additional Hands!
- Hands: i was told to dodge when hands come, but my understanding is dodge away from the red circle. But its dangerous to dodge here as i will dodge to another red circle most of the time lol. So i'm have a bad time in this.

3rd Phase: More hands
- Same issue above.

I need to know what are the proper encounter to be used here and the steps to avoid the red circle for a TR. My team mates are doing very good job just that i can't stay on the dragon for long before i need to dodge many.
And how can i DF without moving around? As i always moved to the dragon front :(

Thank you.
Post edited by isfuturo on

Comments

• isfuturoisfuturo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh ya and when i use LA, i cant see the red circle properly at all. Anyone can tell me how to do better on this? Ty
  • neverasherneverasher Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you can time your dodge for his wing flap to stay right by him and avoid the damage. it's like 2 seconds after the aoe circle shows that you will want to dodge. for the hands he will usually lift his head up and let out a wail when he spawns the hands. if you hear the wail just move or dodge. using DF directly under his tail won't move you as much as it does on the sides.
    2uhmn1l.jpg
  • thequeueballthequeueball Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    isfuturo wrote: »
    Oh ya and when i use LA, i cant see the red circle properly at all. Anyone can tell me how to do better on this? Ty

Go into video options, under advanced settings turn off post processing. No more of that graphical noise when you use lurkers. But be careful, until you're used to it you might find yourself using lurkers and not realizing it.

This setting change is a significant improvement and worth turning off in my opinion .
  • iwrestlebearziwrestlebearz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I run pretty standard stuff for the Dracolich:

Dailies - Lurker & SE
    Encounters - Shadow Strike, Lashing Blade, Impossible to Catch
    At Wills - Cloud of Steel, Duelist's Flurry

You really can't DF without him moving a little, this dragon likes to move a lot. What you can do is move in a left/right fashion facing away from the group rather than continuing to move in a circle. This will keep the majority of his targeted abilities aimed at you and not your group (especially hands until later on in the fight).

You should be using and abusing Impossible to Catch on this fight. Non-stealth you'll take maybe 3,000 damage max from his wing attack. With stealth you'll take nothing. You might get a slight knockback but nothing nearly as bad as dodging and running out. More uptime = more dps and a quicker kill. Try to time your Duelist's Flurry so that you're locked onto the dragon while he's knocking back (while you have Impossible to Catch up). You can also use this to completely avoid hands later on in the fight, with stealth or without. You might take a little damage without stealth but nothing significant. You can even face tank his large melee hits occasionally with it. I cannot stress enough that Impossible to Catch is amazing for this fight.

I'm also convinced that Shadow Strike is the right choice over Wicked Reminder for this fight but some people may be inclined to disagree.

Basically with good Wizards controlling adds and patience, the boss will eventually die.
  • isfuturoisfuturo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I keep having a movement issue with DF as my DF always keep moving to the Dragon roar red beam . . .

Hands will 1 hit KO me if i dodge miss, so you mean when using impossible to catch it will only deal so much lesser?

So do you suggest on stealth for DPS or Stealth on impossible to catch? Bcoz impossible to catch will eat up all stealth bar.

Thank you.
  • gunmangunman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    Phase 1: use dodge as posted above to avoid the wing flap, otherwise just move while the boss is in any attack animation.

Phase 2: only 1 cast of hands at a time, it does not follow you perfectly (e.g. if u are under the boss you never get hit), try to simply move a bit not to get hit

Phase 3: double-hands cast, they track you perfectly anywhere; just use Impossible to catch on the first one and move out of the way for the second one.

Fun Skills I personally choose:
    Impossible to catch -> OP
    Wicked Reminder -> More DPS, faster kill, less time for CWs to f*** up.
    Smoke bomb -> keeps those mobs from <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> u if your CWs are bad
    Deft Strike -> great positioning tool

Remember that you can choose when to set up bleeds, and pick which ones u want to keep. E.g. if you have Lurker full, then stop attacking the boss for a bit and wait for the bleeds to drop. Then pick a good time to start attacking again (e.g. after hands or wing flap) and go on him with everything you have to set up an amazing bleed (15k+). It's much better than wasting time holding a 5k bleed or such.
  • thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    ItC is strong enough without stealth. 75% dmg reduction means 1 DF and you are full again thanks to life leech so you can safe your pot for more important stuff. Wing attack is the same like for every dragon out there, dodge in the right moment or be in DF animation with ItC which will let you stick to it.
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
  • eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wicked strike, dazing strike, impossible to catch. you need to be very mobile and maintain aggro at the same time, your main responsability should be to keep the aggro on you and those aoe away from the rest of your party..it all depend on how you do the fight but the best way is 1 rogue for tanking the boss, 2 cw to control adds, 1 rogue help defensively the party(stun, interrupt) and in that tiny ammount of time you have 0 adds, the whole party switch to max damage on boss.
    edited June 2013
    One question, how do you all monitor the bleed and know it is 10 stack? Or just DF twice it will confirm 10 stack?

My friend is telling me he will stop 1-2sec after DF to see the bleed.

Maybe other can share more here. Ty