test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Plaguefire or Vorpal?

mudkipqtmudkipqt Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Thieves' Den
So, the title pretty much explains it all, is the plaguefire weapon enchant better than the Vorpal weapon enchant?

I'm fairly geared and knowledgable, but I was wondering this. I am able to reach 22% ArP between my pet, gear, and gem slots. But would it be a better idea to take the Plaguefire enchant to reduce the amount for ArP I gem for, or even some of the gear I choose? I could gem crit or recovery, haven't done too much research, or with the changes to Power, I could use that.

Any advice or input would be great!

Thanks
Post edited by mudkipqt on

Comments

• Options
    chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    From what I gather -

Plaguefire debuff will put the target into neg mitigation. So thats a plus. However, although it says it stacks 3 times its actually the DoT that stacks 3 times, the mitigation debuff is static. Plaguefires from other people will stack (the static mitigation) with yours.

Vorpal is of course crit sev.

Most rogues I know swear by Vorpal since the most important part of our jobs is killing bosses or ganking fools. Vorpal is the more selfish choice tho as it wont help your party 1 bit, Plaguefire being a static debuff effects anyone hitting that mob. So you choice is personal dps VS group dps. Bottom line.
  • Options
    damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You can have both until they fix the bug with a certain MH dagger.
  • Options
    iwrestlebearziwrestlebearz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can't gem crit severity so I'd say vorpal almost certainly.
  • Options
    damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You can't gem crit severity so I'd say vorpal almost certainly.

You can equip two daggers that have a weapon enchantment slot but that bug is going to be fixed in the upcoming patch.