test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Knights valor and block

treeckotreecko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
Just did some quick testing. The threat generated from knights valor seems way to low you should probably consider increasing that.

Using "anvil of doom" and blocking right after you use the skill the blocking will occur and then the Anvil of doom animation will play out again.

And some quick notes on the changes in general:
Increase the max amount of targets for Enforced threat. There is like 20 adds running around in some boss fights and you limit it mark 5 targets...

Fronline Surge needs to be able to hit more targets aswell.

If both of these are fixed it would be quite easy for a GF to get back the aggro if a CW uses Singularity.
Post edited by treecko on

Comments

• Options
    chadblodgettchadblodgett Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I transferred my lvl 25 GF over to the preview as well. I wanted to test the new threat, Guard, and blocking changes....what I have found is highly disappointing.

1. Blocking: It still does not trigger correctly immediately after having used an encounter power (main culprit being "lunging strike"). My character gets stuck standing there "twitching". The Raised Shield animation activates, and the at-will powers change in the hotkey tray (and can be used), but no actual damage blocking occurs. In order for that to happen, you have to release the key and press it again. sometimes 2-3 times before the blocking will occur correctly (but most of the time you only have to do it once).

2. When using blocking I have noticed the guard meter seems to take significantly higher damage when blocking high damage hits (meaning its taking significantly more damage than it used to), this is the opposite of my understanding of how it was supposed to be working. and will drain from full in 2-3 large hits if the player has used the Knights Challenge encounter power (which increases damage to/from the player by 200% to the challenge target).

3. Threat: is still broken beyond belief....I can't even keep the aggro off of my companion healer most of the time, even when I use the Enforced Threat encounter power. I had a Hulk in the Neverdeath graveyard absolutely refuse to stop attacking her. I used Mark (with a maxed out enhanced mark passive skill), Enforced threat, and beat him down to about 10% health before I could get him to focus on me instead.....this is BROKEN!!!! This is probably as a result of the healer aggro changes...as patch notes state...

healing threat is supposed to spread evenly among all mobs in the encounter (or all mobs in combat) but when there is only one mob to kill that mob still gets 100% of the generated threat. No-where in the patch notes does it state that healing threat was reduced (which is what is truly needed). It only states that the generated threat is supposed to be spread out evenly among mobs in combat.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    Hulk aggro is always random - no taunts work on it.