test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Lich Queen's Challenge

xenopz1xenopz1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
The Lich Queen's Challenge by @xenopz1

Short Code: NW-DEDSKHOIP
Mission Type: Single or Party Combat/Puzzle/Immersive/Role-play (Most dialogues optional. Some with various outcomes.)
Average Duration: 20-25 min.
Amount of Combat: moderate to high with breaks
Starts at: The Crags
Mission Summary:
The Lich Queen has issued a challenge to all adventurers regarding her crypts. She promises great rewards, but many have entered and no one has returned. Follow in the footsteps of a Neverwinter Guard squad sent to investigate the Lich Queen while trying to figure things out.
Author tips/hints:
- The quest is doable both solo and in a party. Challenging or easy, I'm sure you will have fun (the combat is not the main highlight of the quest).
- Keep one inventory slot available for keys.
- If you are stuck, try looking around.
- The maze is straightforward and does not have any hidden levers or buttons (just the obvious lever at the end).
- Don't forget about the squad's commander for story resolution (it is intentionally optional).
Screenshots/attachments (no spoilers):
Post edited by xenopz1 on

Comments

• xenopz1xenopz1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Comments are welcome :)
    edited May 2013
    Permanently fixed the issue with the spiders getting stuck and the lever being unusable because of them ;).
  • zocat1zocat1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. map (outside): I personally visited the dead guard (with the Hulk) 1st, felt unnecessary to backtrack to him after I visited the camp. I think the journal mentions 20 guards, while the command order (at the camp) only mentions 10?

2. map (inside 1st level): As you mentioned the spiders with the lever, one of those bugged through the wall (after it spawned) and I had to walk to the other side. My companion bugged through the wall with the spider.

3. map (inside 2nd level): All statues are named "Crypt Statue 01". I think (!) the door where you need the crystal for also has an ID attachted (Door 05 maybe?) cant recall exactly^^ I think the area for the bossfight on this level is a bit small - make the corridor a bit longer. It was fine for me as a GF, but other classes might have a problem there since there's no space to kite.

4. map (inside 3rd level): After talking to the LQ only one of the 2 spawned Hulks aggro. I could fight them alone (dont know if this is intended). Lich Queen P2 is marked as "Orc" - I dont know if you can change that :)

Overall I really liked the dead guards inside. I love clickable stuff with some short information :)
    I also really like that you had a camp fire at the start of each level. Sure I could use potions, but I'm the greedy player who rather backtracks to the start of a level to use the campfire their. So having one at each levelstart (and me assuming it) was saving me a lot of time!
    Really liked it!

Edit: Forgot to mention, I think I liked the idea of the questionnaire at the end. While I thought it was not really necessary (I didnt have questions^^) it was fun to read some stuff.
    edited June 2013
    Great feedback, zocat!

I would never have discovered those bugs without your input!

I fixed all of the issues except for the boss difficulty one. That boss is supposed to surprise you and make you afraid. Thus the close quarters. It is actually super easy to dodge his attacks even without sliding and/or rolling.
  • darriot777darriot777 Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    I'll add this to my list and check it out tonight.
    Mind giving mine a shot? It's my first quest, so be brutal. Thanks!
    NW-DP6JVC2WO
  • darriot777darriot777 Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    The good and the bad: First the good-
    1) Amazing idea. I liked that the hardest parts of this dungeon (the maze, and the trail of ascendance) had nothing to do with combat. It was all player skill. That was amazing sir.
    2) Also, The dead guards were a plus, they told the story without you having to. Well done.
    3) There was a lot of variety in the dialogue options. Nice.
    The bad -
    I don't have much to say here. Just some little picky things.
    1) I think the climb up the rock to get to the key at the top of that tree could be made (just) a little more visible to the players.
    2) From a roleplay perspective, why would the key be up there?
    3) Some of the notes didn't have titles.
    4) I understand you wanting to ramp up the difficulty, but stacking enemies like that is going to aggravate higher level players. I had no problem with a GWF, but I worry about other classes.
    All in all, it was a really good quest. I hope these suggestions/comments help.
    PS. Commander Shepard? Hahaha.