test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where are all the clerics?

j0rdan99j0rdan99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
So i ran t1 via solo que as the guild im in isnt really active, but they are friends so i stick around. But every single time i que, no matter what dungeon i seem to be the only cleric. I mean i know there is more out there, but just for once id like to do some runs where all the focus isnt on me, i know if i make a mistake with as, or do anything wrong, chances are my party is wiped. ( Seems to me no cw i run with levels singularity?? )

And then on the OFF chance i do get a dc with me, they only seem to use AS in NON-Divine mode??? I mean wtf is the point of using it at all.

Im not an amazing cleric, but i dont think im half bad. But maybe its just beholder has no clerics o.o

Any tips for me~?
Post edited by j0rdan99 on

Comments

• nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Dude...I think you have severely underestimated the large amount of terrible players that flock to a "free to play" game.

As for tips, in the current games state...you are the tank. Stand in your Astral Shield, heal people..and hopefully your group can kill the adds.
  • zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The only advice I can give is to not use the Queue system, instead go to Protector's Enclave. Open your character sheet, get your Gear Score and post a message in zone chat, something like "DC 8k GS LFG T1"

Either you'll get invited to a group, or get some messages from people telling you their class and GS. Et Voila, you can pick and choose your own team~

Obviously, you get a lot more just before/during the Dungeon Delve events, it might take a few minutes to find a team outside of that event time. Still far more efficient than relying on the Queue, plus you usually weed out the "Noobs".

Edit:
    You can also ask for specific classes, which you might have to do when your group gets a couple members, or if you're looking for a second DC.
  • cwiyk13cwiyk13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    j0rdan99 wrote: »
    Any tips for me~?

Follow unspecifiederror's guide. Other than that, pretty much what nymesis92 & zephryl1 said.
    Krae Vull - Devoted Cleric
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    welll...... it goes like this.
    -- pug groups have a need problem. That is, everyone rolls need on all the cleric gear. Assuming you even get to roll, and are not booted from the group.

-- clerics, being very useful and popular, therefore prefer to run with guilds where you only need the gear that you can wear yourself on the character you are playing in that dungeon. Who would prefer to pug up and lose gear to a ninja when they do not have to do this? No one!

-- therefore, most of the clerics are not in the pug queue. They have been driven away by the boorish behavior of the typical pugs.

-- What is left in the pugs are the ninjas, mostly. I would not join one for anything right now, after a few bad experiences I have learned my lesson. You have about a 1 in 25 chance of finding a pug that does not do one of these things 1) boot you at the loot chest 2) roll need on unusable items to sell or 3) exploit or 4) epic fail and not even down the boss. (Or 5) does not have sensible classes, not the fault of any players).
  • ryaskryask Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    noroblad wrote: »
    -- pug groups have a need problem. That is, everyone rolls need on all the cleric gear. Assuming you even get to roll, and are not booted from the group.

-- clerics, being very useful and popular, therefore prefer to run with guilds where you only need the gear that you can wear yourself on the character you are playing in that dungeon. Who would prefer to pug up and lose gear to a ninja when they do not have to do this? No one!

-- therefore, most of the clerics are not in the pug queue. They have been driven away by the boorish behavior of the typical pugs.

-- What is left in the pugs are the ninjas, mostly. I would not join one for anything right now, after a few bad experiences I have learned my lesson. You have about a 1 in 25 chance of finding a pug that does not do one of these things 1) boot you at the loot chest 2) roll need on unusable items to sell or 3) exploit or 4) epic fail and not even down the boss. (Or 5) does not have sensible classes, not the fault of any players).

This EXACTLY I refuse to pug i run with my guild for these reasons.
  • lappdancerlappdancer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Sad at how true this is...
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Because clerics are too boring to play in this game.
  • uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I just don't like playing tank as a cleric, so I run my TR and CW instead.
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013

What I do is , get in a premade group with my cleric ask for the lead and if they refuse - cya later :D
  • pnellesenpnellesen Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My main is on Mindflayer, and I haven't hit 60 yet (just got to 50 and FINALLY get to enjoy the sweetness that is Astral Shield. At least till they nerf it to uselessness ;) ) but I still pug my cleric in dungeons all the time. I'm a bit masochistic in the sense that I sorta like the "box of chocolates" aspect of the queuing system. Sometimes I get placed into a really good group that actually communicates, tries to plan a strategy for the end boss, and in general makes my life as easy as they can. Other times - not so much :p (Most of the time it's closer to the first than the second though.) I have a "one wipe and done" rule for the most part though, especially for the groups that simply refuse to work as a team. I do make exceptions if it's a good group and the dungeon is simply new to everyone (which does happen quite a bit, since I usually ask before we start)
  • bearn1bearn1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Unfortunately this pretty much sums it up. I got tired of having my Epic loot taken so they could go sell it.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Because clerics are too boring to play in this game.

Not so! Every time we enter an instance we have the choice to either run around in a clockwise direction chased by every mob in there, or - and here's the variety - we can run round anticlockwise chased by every mob in there.

If you want to go overboard - you can actually change direction in mid-pursuit - but that is more for the real hardcore players.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • uncannyluckuncannyluck Member Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    lyaise wrote: »
    we can run round anticlockwise chased by every mob in there.

If you want to go overboard - you can actually change direction in mid-pursuit - but that is more for the real hardcore players.

Tried that once - party booted me for not running in the proper direction ):
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lyaise wrote: »
    Not so! Every time we enter an instance we have the choice to either run around in a clockwise direction chased by every mob in there, or - and here's the variety - we can run round anticlockwise chased by every mob in there.

Ooooh and sometimes I get to choose whether to use, Healing Word in my encounter slot! Or Forgemaster! And if it's going to be really easy sometimes even divine glow and daunting light!!! CRAZY CHOICES!