Options

Best pvp of any mmo!

eazydzzzeazydzzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
It's action packed and fun!
Post edited by eazydzzz on

Comments

• Options
    musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Stop drugs you fool and start facing reality for good... damned high happy morons.
  • Options
    idunazidunaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited June 2013
    I fully agree with you. Something very engaging about the combat in this game. Can't wait for Gauntlgrym.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    I like it a lot, except the bots and AFKers. It's pretty much unplayable right now from levels 10-59, and even at 60 it's got tons of leavers at the first sign of a turn in the game.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The actual mechanics are definitely one of the best, really addictive and fun. The lack of game modes and many bots/afkers/bugged queues drags it down. Unlike Rancore, I like 10-59 the best because you don't have to worry about gear or dying in 2secs, so you get to have longer fights and have a chance to escape etc.
  • Options
    tubbyadamtubbyadam Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    DAoC was yhe best pvp in any mmorpg
  • Options
    dethcorddethcord Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    The PvP in this game is quite fun indeed. It's quite fast overall and rarely forgives any mistake you make. Personally, I love NW's PvP much better then GW2 one for example. They took this sweet dodge mechanic as the only thing which is actually good about GW2 PvP.

I chose to compare those two games because people often say that they're not happy with current low TTKs, while to me atleast it's better to end fights fast when to have all players spec full defencive and have a million hours long Guardian-vs-guardian fights on the points, besides it clearly involves more skill since you actually have to dodge/block enemies' vital abilities in order to win the fight, since one mistake can can end you. So yeah, it's pretty fun overall.
  • Options
    realpureshadowrealpureshadow Member Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    best pvp? how? you can only really press 3 buttons, 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3, Tab. games that limit your keys seem to dumb down the game, like were unable to comprehend more than 5 abilities.
  • Options
    foundrymakerfoundrymaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 253 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    best pvp? how? you can only really press 3 buttons, 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3, Tab. games that limit your keys seem to dumb down the game, like were unable to comprehend more than 5 abilities.

1 and 2 are your dailies and 3 is a potion and there's also Q,E,R,SHIFT, right and left click. That's 7 + daily (1 of 2).

I don't think more is necessarily better. I don't think having extra abilities with long cds like what WoW has makes it more interesting with some abilities having a 3-5min cd.

This game is comparable to a fps in terms of abilities/weapons. GW1 was like that and I still had a blast. If you don't enjoy NW then that's your opinion, but I don't think it's bad on that criteria alone. I also have been quite enjoying pvp in NW. It's pretty much all I do.
  • Options
    athanshadowathanshadow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i agree more is not always better.i played a game that had like four skill bars,but only 3-4 skills were my bread and butter skills.the rest of the skills had long cd and only used in certain situations.just a lot of clutter at the end of the day.

i have not played a pvp match yet,and can't really say if it's enjoyable or not.the small arena style just don't appeal to me much.i will be looking at the 20vs20 when released.
  • Options
    mrtorturemrtorture Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    theres no pvp on this game...
    (domination doesnt count... sometimes u just wanna kill a moron and u cant)
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    mrtorture wrote: »
    theres no pvp on this game...
    (domination doesnt count... sometimes u just wanna kill a moron and u cant)

I understand that fast-moving trains are effective, HTH.
  • Options
    silentnights1silentnights1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    Seconded for DAoC. Haven't played Dark Ages in 10 years, but I still look very fondly back on its pvp and compare each new mmo against it.
  • Options
    scarvengerrscarvengerr Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    eazydzzz wrote: »
    It's action packed and fun!
    Rogue or Control Wizard?
  • Options
    juanzq88juanzq88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the PvP is fun for me, but yes have some bugs that need to be fix, and more rebalancing the clases. but for now is one of the things i do more, because i sometimes dont have time too wait, and then try to make a team en epic dungeons, and pray for someone to know how to the play the dungeon too finish it, soo pvp is fast and easy and dont take that much time
  • Options
    delmagdelmag Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's fun if you're a TR or CW.
  • Options
    thetruejackass69thetruejackass69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The pvp in this game is 2-3 fixes away from being SUPER awesome and addicting.