test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gateway Profession Bug

thaildlthaildl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I reached level 10 Leadership on one of my level 30+ characters, which unlocked a 4th crafting slot for him. After the unlock I was able to send my minions away on tasks in the first two slots, but then I noticed that the task I was sending my people away on (explore local area) was no longer present.

I checked my other characters and it was still there for them, so I tried refreshing the page, logging out and back in. Now for this character only the "RARE" tasks show up.

I tried loading in a different browser (Firefox and Chrome) and have the same result in both. I then checked other professions such as Platesmithing and have only the rare tasks here as well.
Post edited by thaildl on

Comments

• thaildlthaildl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update:

After completing one of the rare tasks, things were suddenly back to normal for no really apparent reason.

However...

In the mean time another of my characters (also level 30+) reached level 10 leadership. This again unlocked the 4th task slot. For the first 3 tasks I assigned them to the level 5 task "Explore Local Area" with no problem. For my new fourth slot, that task disappeared. I was able to assign separate tasks in that slot such as feeding refugees and protecting caravans. But the task "Explore Local Area" has not returned. I've rushed a few tasks with diamonds to see if I could get it to show up, to no avail. I have not yet completed a rare task since reaching level 10 leadership. I will test that again next.
  • martinschoumartinschou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suspect that some of the tasks are limited to the number of parallel tasks they can do.

For instance you can run three "Protect Caravan" tasks at once. To a certain extent I like that some of the tasks are limited, while others aren't, because certain things are naturally less common than others.

If it isn't a bug, it would be nice if those tasks had an indication of it though.
  • registersucksregistersucks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too am getting this issue. Only on my recent lvl 30 character with leadership lvl 7.
  • thaildlthaildl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suspect that some of the tasks are limited to the number of parallel tasks they can do.

For instance you can run three "Protect Caravan" tasks at once. To a certain extent I like that some of the tasks are limited, while others aren't, because certain things are naturally less common than others.

If it isn't a bug, it would be nice if those tasks had an indication of it though.

This is not what's happening. On the first character I was able to queue the task 4 times, after the strange bug resolved itself. Also note that on the first character ALL non-rare tasks disappeared, from all professions at one point.
  • lordsilverionlordsilverion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have lv 7 tailoring and 3 tasks opened ... on first tab i have protect caravan and on other two i cannot select anything except rare tasks and i dont have materials for them :(
  • lordsilverionlordsilverion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After my mercenary returned from protect caravan mission i got all my tasks back (even taioring) ....
    edited May 2013
    After my mercenary returned from protect caravan mission i got all my tasks back (even taioring) ....

Yes this seems to be a strange bug coming and going. What I've seemed to tie it to is getting hung up on a specific task slot, and when a task is completed in that slot suddenly everything clears up. It's happened to me twice so far.
  • sicktir3dsicktir3d Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found my problem was the same as this here. When I canceled my mercenaries quest my profession reappeared.
  • surf13surf13 Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is anyone else missing the scrollbar in Gateway Professions? Only works on my phone browser, not in firefox )-;
  • void2487void2487 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thaildl wrote: »
    I reached level 10 Leadership on one of my level 30+ characters, which unlocked a 4th crafting slot for him. After the unlock I was able to send my minions away on tasks in the first two slots, but then I noticed that the task I was sending my people away on (explore local area) was no longer present.

I checked my other characters and it was still there for them, so I tried refreshing the page, logging out and back in. Now for this character only the "RARE" tasks show up.

I tried loading in a different browser (Firefox and Chrome) and have the same result in both. I then checked other professions such as Platesmithing and have only the rare tasks here as well.

I am also having the issue where only the "rare" tasks are showing up on Gateway. Seems to only affect slots 4+
  • void2487void2487 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    void2487 wrote: »
    I am also having the issue where only the "rare" tasks are showing up on Gateway. Seems to only affect slots 4+

Just kidding, happening on all slots. Both leatherworking and leadership now only showing the "rare" tasks. Very annoying.
  • loysha77loysha77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bump for a response as if grinding up your professions doesn't take long enough...
  • mizery0101mizery0101 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This has been happening to me in the game, and on the gateway. If you cancel the one task that seems to be blocking it up, or finish it with astral diamonds, then that usually fixes it so you can do all the normal things you want to do again. I'm pretty certain it's a bug... and a very annoying one at that.
  • fenixrwfenixrw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem here! On Gateway and PC Game.
    Just some Rare quests avaible in all professions.
    Very annoying. Hope they fix it soon.