test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

biggest problem/worry of the new Gauntlgrym dungeon

micjijimicjiji Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
from the trailer, it clearly show that only 5 ppl are in a group, havent seen any sign of a raid party
which means its going to be a massive pug group pvp/pve, oh how fun
Post edited by micjiji on

Comments

• kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My biggest worry is that some of you forum dwellers will be playing it.

*shudder* The horror :(
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    micjiji wrote: »
    from the trailer, it clearly show that only 5 ppl are in a group, havent seen any sign of a raid party

Depends on who you are with, I'm an old school raider who is burned out on bringing twenty of my closest friends and all the high school drama that goes with that.

Neverwinter never has and never will be a classic Raid centric game, because D&D isn't about Raids, it's about a small group overcoming impossible odds and emerging the hero...or dying horribly somewhere in Undermountain only to be raised as undead servants of a Lich bent on world domination...take your pick.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • micjijimicjiji Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ya but the problem is not everyone is same geared, so depend on the difficulty of the dungeon, it will be funny that the "winner" cant finish their "reward" or as broken as the party system, 20 ppl with only 1/2 cleric
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My biggest worry is there's no point because it seems like a huge time investment just for T2 gear?
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My biggest worry is that some of you forum dwellers will be playing it.

*shudder* The horror :(

"hellz to the yeah bro, lets hope those fat trogs don't pollute gauntlegrym. Here's me and my girl btw she just ninja'd gear for me, shizz was so cash"

OrigCash.jpg
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vaelos wrote: »
    My biggest worry is there's no point because it seems like a huge time investment just for T2 gear?

wow, really no one plays for fun anymore........

You rather just show someone that your GS is 12050 while theirs is just 12045? Is that what makes games fun for you?

I'm going to play GG because it looks like fun, and for bragging rights.
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    idk gs is kind of meaningless beyond a certain point

I mean if you like PVP, there's already PVP that isn't polluted with mobs
    edited June 2013
    vaelos wrote: »
    idk gs is kind of meaningless beyond a certain point

I mean if you like PVP, there's already PVP that isn't polluted with mobs

I can't like both? I can't like being rewarded for a good PvP match with more than a few meaningless glory points?
  • gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    micjiji wrote: »

You don't have to do it. There's already tier 2 gear in the game. Gauntlgrym provides tier 2 gear. You do NOT need to do Gauntlgrym to progress. It's a fun thing added that some people may like to enjoy. You lose nothing if you don't enjoy it and don't want to participate.
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wow, really no one plays for fun anymore........

Everyone plays the game for fun (except farmers for RMTs). What other reasons are there to play a game?
    You rather just show someone that your GS is 12050 while theirs is just 12045? Is that what makes games fun for you?

Fun derived from advancement is not necessarily predicated on bragging about it.
    I'm going to play GG because it looks like fun, and for bragging rights.

Wait, so bragging rights are fun?
    edited June 2013
    quorforged wrote: »
    Wait, so bragging rights are fun?

"My team beat your team, na na na na na" = bragging rights.

"look at my full purple set, it's marginally better than your full purple set" != bragging. that's just e-peen stroking min/maxing to the extreme.
  • noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    "hellz to the yeah bro, lets hope those fat trogs don't pollute gauntlegrym. Here's me and my girl btw she just ninja'd gear for me, shizz was so cash"

OrigCash.jpg

Is there a face under that makeup?
    edited June 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    Is there a face under that makeup?

I'd tap that for sure, regardless
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That actually sounds a lot more fun to me TBH.

Each side being 4 seperate teams having to coordinate together as strangers.

Sounds nice.