test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

And so, review for a review! :)

kirnenadkirnenad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Hey there guys,

I have been working in Foundry since the day the Open Beta started, finished my quest, published it and still got only one review and seven plays (5 by me, testing it out with my main). So since it has passed more than three weeks since publishing it, I'm ready for some eye for a ey... arhhh... review for a review kind a thing! So come on! Drop what you got on me!

And please, post if you are really willing to do this thing, because I played quests from some of the other "review-for-review" threads and still got only one play... :D

So here is the quest: NW-DA7ISYIKV
More about it here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?292702-The-Truth-of-Goldenhair-A-quest-to-remember
Ready for some adventuring? Then check my quest!

The Truth of the Goldenhair
NW-DA7ISYIKV
Post edited by kirnenad on

Comments

• maerwinmaerwin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've gone through your quest. Here is what I didn't like:

- there were a few minor typos, but nothing too bad
    - the first area in the dream feels a little bland - you should add more details - trees, bushes, rocks, etc.
    - I didn't understand why did the attack happen in camp and not on the battlefield. It looked a little odd when two tents were burning and the soldiers in a tent between them didn't give a ****

I liked the storyline, simple but nice. Keep on!
    My quest is in the sig, please post any feedback in my thread after you play it. Thanks :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMFGWPBN3 The Lost City - Review Thread
  • shorlongshorlong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 286 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I can add you to my list. It isn't as long as it once was. I have a few quests ahead of you though. My wife and I are both taking breaks from our campaigns and are just playing through foundry's to get caught up. My info is in my sig!
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

RIP - Dirty Politics May 21st, 2013 - July 30th, 2013
  • lumicakerylumicakery Member Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    Trade with me please? Mine in my sig, though I can only play later in the day. Thanks :).
    Joachim the Coward
    NW-DKK8NIRO6
  • lisaxreinkelisaxreinke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was not able to complete your quest. I could not find Olar Goldenhair and so after running around the whole map in black and white for 5 minutes I gave up. Please find a way to get the star trail to show up.

Also, there are a few spelling errors. At one point I clicked on the answer "Yes I'm" ... not sure what that was. Also the sentence "Elwor coughs . . . then take . . ." Take should be takes.

Message me when you fix stuff and I'll try again.
    Play my Quest: Populist Animal Revolution NW-DBLLB920C
  • kirnenadkirnenad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maerwin wrote: »
    I've gone through your quest. Here is what I didn't like:

- there were a few minor typos, but nothing too bad
    - the first area in the dream feels a little bland - you should add more details - trees, bushes, rocks, etc.
    - I didn't understand why did the attack happen in camp and not on the battlefield. It looked a little odd when two tents were burning and the soldiers in a tent between them didn't give a ****

I liked the storyline, simple but nice. Keep on!
    My quest is in the sig, please post any feedback in my thread after you play it. Thanks :)

Well thank you! I will fix those things!

I just finished playing yours, and it was a real pleasure! I really enjoyed playing it! :) Well done! :)
    I was not able to complete your quest. I could not find Olar Goldenhair and so after running around the whole map in black and white for 5 minutes I gave up. Please find a way to get the star trail to show up.

Also, there are a few spelling errors. At one point I clicked on the answer "Yes I'm" ... not sure what that was. Also the sentence "Elwor coughs . . . then take . . ." Take should be takes.

Message me when you fix stuff and I'll try again.

Well, I thought that if you are supposed to find him no "star trail" should be shown... And I'm really confused now, because If you ran 5 minutes around the part of the map, that has been blocked with invisible walls, you couldn't find Olar Goldenhair. And he is standing on the hill... Nevermind, thank you anyway. I will make that "star trail" lead player straight to him and will fix those spelling mistakes. :)

NW-DA7ISYIKV
  • lumicakerylumicakery Member Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    Hello just finished your quest, wasnt bad but Id like to comment on a few things.

-Some typos, and grammar error. You seem to miss a lot of 'the's and 'a's, those sort of things.

-The black and white. I'm not too sure its necessary. It was confusing distinguishing between friend and foe. Also, the goldenhair thingy seemed to be emphasized and was a big thing, but it was black and white, a bit of a bummer. Id expected like golden armor and everything.

-Quest trail. I had to circle around to find the right path. Some people arent as patient. Though Im not exactly too sure that its your fault.
    Joachim the Coward
    NW-DKK8NIRO6
    edited June 2013
    lumicakery wrote: »
    Hello just finished your quest, wasnt bad but Id like to comment on a few things.

-Some typos, and grammar error. You seem to miss a lot of 'the's and 'a's, those sort of things.

-The black and white. I'm not too sure its necessary. It was confusing distinguishing between friend and foe. Also, the goldenhair thingy seemed to be emphasized and was a big thing, but it was black and white, a bit of a bummer. Id expected like golden armor and everything.

-Quest trail. I had to circle around to find the right path. Some people arent as patient. Though Im not exactly too sure that its your fault.

Well thank you lumicakery for playing my quest. I haven't time yesterday to play your's but will sure do in about hour or two.

-Well I'm not from english speaking area, not even near it, and the only time I speak (write) is on the internet. But will try to find and fix those errors.

-Yeah, I added the black and white feeling thinking that it will bring the feeling of the past, but in some moments it even bothers me. So I will probably, remove it...

-I know, I know... Yesterday I republished quest adding the trail and quest areas, but it seems I forgot to add it to some parts of it! :D

I'l post here about your quest when I finish playing it. ;)

NW-DA7ISYIKV
  • rdxcyclordxcyclo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why, hello there! I will gladly undertake this mission of yours. Just as soon as I finish gathering 25 wild ostrich eggs for Lady Megadeth and 40 rat droppings for Sir Fluffypants...

... But I'll need something in return. Rumor has it that I, myself, have released a quest of my own - for only the sturdiest of warriors to embark upon! Many have undergone the trials within, yet few have emerged victorious...

Will you be one of the few, or one of the many? Will Gavin the Lucky run out of luck? Will Gertrud the Gifted become a lonely widow who seeks comfort in any man/men willing to show her the least amount of affection(please, please; yes!)? Will Bob manage to climb his way up the corporate ladder and claim the CFO title as he always dreamed? These questions, and more, will be answered after the break.
    Making my name with Foundry - @rdxcyclo

First installment of Gavin the "Lucky" series is live

Episodes:
    Gavin the "Lucky": Prologue - NW-DEZSTNUT7
  • rdxcyclordxcyclo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I did the mission and left a review ingame.
    Making my name with Foundry - @rdxcyclo

First installment of Gavin the "Lucky" series is live

Episodes:
    Gavin the "Lucky": Prologue - NW-DEZSTNUT7
    edited June 2013
    So, I played trough all of the quest for now.
    lumicakery wrote: »

Your was a jewel! :) I really liked that horrible nightmare! Tough, I wish I will not have one, after that... ;)
    rdxcyclo wrote: »
    I did the mission and left a review ingame.

@rdxcyclo I finished the quest just now, and I really love how you managed to "reskin" the cave! I realized which one it is only at the end. And the last few fights at the very end, even I enjoyed them, were a bit hard for me. But, hey, my toon died just once, so it is not that hard! :)

NW-DA7ISYIKV
  • rathenau15rathenau15 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited June 2013
    Hai mate, just ran your quest and I must say: Love the story and the twist in it. The combat was very nicely done and never to hard on me. Looks like you put a lot of work in it. I don't suppose there is any chance for a sequel or just another one of those?

Anyway if you have the time, my quest is called The Black Rain (Short code: NW-DHEIM7E5D). It's not as big as your but it might be fun to play through.
    edited June 2013
    rathenau15 wrote: »
    Hai mate, just ran your quest and I must say: Love the story and the twist in it. The combat was very nicely done and never to hard on me. Looks like you put a lot of work in it. I don't suppose there is any chance for a sequel or just another one of those?

Anyway if you have the time, my quest is called The Black Rain (Short code: NW-DHEIM7E5D). It's not as big as your but it might be fun to play through.

Well, thank you for your kind words. :) This is my first quest I ever started doing in the foundry. Right now there are others, but they are still a work-in-progress. I will play yours in a bit. ;)

NW-DA7ISYIKV
  • mllebeanmllebean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited June 2013
    Happy to trade reviews with you. My quest is a roughly 45 minute single person spoof adventure.

NW-DUTKDLBYI

Info and comments at http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?326671-My-first-quest!-Kind-hearted-reviewers-wanted-)&p=4198891#post4198891

I just did your quest and it was good. I liked the battlefield scenes. Some of the fights indoors were a bit tough for me (60 wizard). The main issue to me is there are still some grammatical and spelling errors. My best advice would be to paste all your dialogue into a word processor and run english spelling and grammar checks on it. You could also try posting the full dialogue online and asking for advice/corrections. But it has the potential to be a great quest!