test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About off-hands...

justiniand1justiniand1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Thieves' Den
So this may be a bit of a **** question but does the damage stat on your off-hand actually matter? Also does the enhancement slot work on an off-hand i.e. say you slot a vorpal in your main-hand and a plaguefire in your off-hand will the plaguefire DoT still be applied?
Post edited by justiniand1 on

Comments

• counterintelcounterintel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can tell you the enchant slot does not work in off hand, at all. You can only have 1 of those in your armor, and 1 of those in your hands at any given time.

But I've been wondering the other portion of your question myself. Is the off hand weapon purely a stat stick or does it's damage matter? Not that youll find many lower damage weapons with better stats but Im sure theres some tier 1 weaps that have different, better, stats than some tier 2 weaps. And if not, well screw you for judging me, I want to know anyways!
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Is the off hand weapon purely a stat stick or does it's damage matter?

Good question. I've never even thought of this.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Weapon Enchantments are Main Hand only to my knowledge.
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The only way you could have a Vorpal and a Fire Plague is by equipping a certain bugged endgame main hand dagger. A rogue in the guild has a greater vorpal and a greater plague fire equipped in that bugged dagger that can go to main/off hands, and it's dirty. As far as dmg wise, I have no idea if the offhands are just stat sticks or not.
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The damage values for each weapon are added together. This is easy to confirm by just taking off the offhand weapon, although the numbers won't quite match up because each power has a scaling factor. But it's very close with, say, Sly Flourish.

All weapons that have a Weapon Enchantment slot are Main Hand Only (except one that's bugged).
  • scriptptscriptpt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    about off-hands for TR
    is it possible that i never saw any of it besides the first one you received and the ones of lvl's 60?
    in AH there are many for almost other class and for distinct lvls but for TR there isnt any since i start to play and never dropped too.

im lvl 49 and still use the first off-hand that i received from a lvl 5 quest or something like that.

Thanks
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    scriptpt wrote: »
    about off-hands for TR
    is it possible that i never saw any of it besides the first one you received and the ones of lvl's 60?
    in AH there are many for almost other class and for distinct lvls but for TR there isnt any since i start to play and never dropped too.

im lvl 49 and still use the first off-hand that i received from a lvl 5 quest or something like that.

Thanks

...dude, you can use almost every dagger in game in your offhand
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • scriptptscriptpt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    outch .. ah ah
    i though it was a specific gear to off-hand and didnt even tried a normal dagger ah ah xD
    thanks for the reply :)
  • qilto12qilto12 Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    I am oly lvl 10 but yes the dmg does matter cause I've have the starter off hand since the start and my 2nd attack is a lot weaker then my primary.
  • qilto12qilto12 Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    Primaries can go in secondary slot and yes the dmg does matter same weapon in both hands and the dmg is a lot closer now.