test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need to fix the dungeon matchmaking.

empirenempiren Member Posts: 33
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
If the dungeons are going to require a healer or tank, then don't put us in a party without one.
Post edited by empiren on

Comments

• Options
    stisti86stisti86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If the dungeons are going to require a healer or tank, then don't put us in a party without one.

the dungeon finder should be also fixed, but that is not the exact reason.
    In this game actually tank and Healer = same person, Devoted cleric.
    You don't need Guardian fighter, because PWE has created that class useless to the mechanics of the game.
    Why? I do not know why, their patch, fix... unnecessary things even when they should rewrite a GF^^
  • Options
    gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well when I queue on GF I get no cleric in the party... When I queue on cleric I end up with a squad of 3 clerics (seriously) which is nuts.
    As for dungeons... today i ran T2 Karr with a rainbow party (one of each class)... and I felt like I was all alone there. The last boss was a real nightmare. GF (totally useless and I like that class but frankly - no damage, no aggro... and I would love to see a DC instead), others happily DDing the boss yelling at me to heal near it so I would aggro all the adds (seriously?!). Me - 10kish GS - My game was a marathone full of red traps with a swarm of kiting mobs behind me just burning 70ish hp pots 70% of HP stone and god knows what else. Result: frustration a bloody T1 ring and an oath to myself never to go there again as a solo DC until they solve the threat issue.
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the party system sucks from soup to nuts.
    whole thing should be thrown out and recoded
  • Options
    warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    stisti86 wrote: »
    the dungeon finder should be also fixed, but that is not the exact reason.
    In this game actually tank and Healer = same person, Devoted cleric.
    You don't need Guardian fighter, because PWE has created that class useless to the mechanics of the game.
    Why? I do not know why, their patch, fix... unnecessary things even when they should rewrite a GF^^

GF is not useless they're just useless as a tank. They're actually pretty nice if you do a dps build on them and ignore the fact that they have a shield. But yeah, hopefully the patch will make them viable as a tank.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    gexenn wrote: »
    Well when I queue on GF I get no cleric in the party... When I queue on cleric I end up with a squad of 3 clerics (seriously) which is nuts.
    As for dungeons... today i ran T2 Karr with a rainbow party (one of each class)... and I felt like I was all alone there. The last boss was a real nightmare. GF (totally useless and I like that class but frankly - no damage, no aggro... and I would love to see a DC instead), others happily DDing the boss yelling at me to heal near it so I would aggro all the adds (seriously?!). Me - 10kish GS - My game was a marathone full of red traps with a swarm of kiting mobs behind me just burning 70ish hp pots 70% of HP stone and god knows what else. Result: frustration a bloody T1 ring and an oath to myself never to go there again as a solo DC until they solve the threat issue.

Do that fight with 1 of each class all the time, you just got terrible players.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    shadowmystryshadowmystry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    IM new to this game.... only lvl 35ish.
    But I have found once u hit lvl 30 the best way to do the dungeons is just travel to a lvl proper zone and watch for ppl forming groups and jump in those.... saves the hour que time and much better groups most of the time.

OR

Give players access to a better healer companion (mine is maxed at 15, cant imagine that's too good). I'm sure there are some expensive purchase ones but I haven't seen one I can get on my own in game without buying in.
  • Options
    gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well the problem about companions is their AI... cleric companions tend to rush in red areas way too often and do not heal from afar... sadly for my GF (and ofc no matter how often you taunt the mobs they just wanna eat the healer first)
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
  • Options
    skugganskuggan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    empiren wrote: »

There is a patch coming very soon witch adresses this amongst many other things.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Why cant it just come up with the group you really want. 2 clerics,1rogue, 2 CW

Pls take the rest out of of queue

Ty
  • Options
    talung34talung34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skuggan wrote: »
    There is a patch coming very soon witch adresses this amongst many other things.

Ah yes the patch that will fix everything "soon". Just like the patch to fix AFK exploiting in the PVP matches. Notice how they say NOTHING about what this "patch" contains or when, except "soon". I fear it's a little PR to try to not lose more people than they already have.

In a Guild with about 500 unique accounts (the max), and most you can find online now... about 10 if you lucky.

And before anybody goes "HATERS!", we complain and ask for explanations because surprisingly we like the game and want it to succeed. We just get annoyed at the cryptic (see what I did there) communication and lack of any sort of acceptance of responsibility of the bugs or attempts to fix them.
  • Options
    noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    talung34 wrote: »
    Ah yes the patch that will fix everything "soon". Just like the patch to fix AFK exploiting in the PVP matches. Notice how they say NOTHING about what this "patch" contains or when, except "soon". I fear it's a little PR to try to not lose more people than they already have.

In a Guild with about 500 unique accounts (the max), and most you can find online now... about 10 if you lucky.

And before anybody goes "HATERS!", we complain and ask for explanations because surprisingly we like the game and want it to succeed. We just get annoyed at the cryptic (see what I did there) communication and lack of any sort of acceptance of responsibility of the bugs or attempts to fix them.

I got some bad news for you. The patch will come when it's ready, no amount of whining on the forums or attempts at justifying your impatience will bring it faster. Go lay down.
  • Options
    nirvanacnnirvanacn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just think there are very few healers, when i play my cleric my queues are instant, on my CW it can be a long time. Not sure they can fix the fact no one wants to play a healer as unfortunately the healer in this game is very very dull :(

Make clerics fun and more will play. Getting a party with no healers is liekly just a last resort if there are literally no healers queued up.
  • Options
    efaiciaefaicia Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    gexenn wrote: »

This. This is why I stopped playing Devoted Cleric. If you are going to make a main tank class (GF) and an aoe off tank class (GWF) then why the f*ck does the healer need to be all three roles? /rage *throws cleric away*

OK, I didnt throw her away. But still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Quiet everyone, no fast movements or you'll scare her away.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    talung34 wrote: »

You do get information the devs come on the forum and tell you they are working to address the issues and before you say that isn't enough no dev ANYWHERE is going to hop on the forums hold your hand and explain each step to you.

Also I highly doubt you are in one of the 500 max guilds, the larger guilds like that understand perfectly what is going on here because many of their members were in the alpha test and have a really good sense of where Cryptic is in the patch process, and who and how the systems and issue are where they are.

Claiming to be in a larger guild to demonstrate that everyone is leaving because you are not getting what you want simply doesn't work. As far as communication goes If you look around to other MMO's Cryptic is probably in the top three at communicating with their customers despite getting insults and threats hurled at them on a daily basis
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    empiren wrote: »

Dungeons do NOT require a tank as most successful Rogue, Cleric and Wizard farm groups will tell you...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Why cant it just come up with the group you really want. 2 clerics,1rogue, 2 CW

Pls take the rest out of of queue

Ty

I've done fine with 2 rogues, 2 clerics and 1 wizard so just filter out the fighters and you will do fine.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    savaallsavaall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i feel bad for all you people who get in groups with bad GFs. I play a GF as my main and built him using the DPS build on the forums. In most dungeons i am always top in dmg done and dmg taken. Alot of people must just be really crappy at playing GF's or something because even in T2 dungeons i'm topping the charts. Now i'm not saying that their threat is working correctly. I have to work very hard to keep aggro off of the rest of the group but it can be done if you know what you are doing.
  • Options
    khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    As far as I can tell the dungeon queue system tries to match you with a tank and healer.

The issue is that most players play DPS. Rather than keep people in the queue for hours until their turn to be matched with a GF and DC comes around, after a while, it will put a group together out of the people with the highest priority, no matter who they are.

Cryptic can play around with the priorities and weighting given to time etc, but the core of the issue is that that people tend to play FotM, and at the moment that means CW and TRs. Until more people start playing healers and tanks, the DPSers are going to find themselves in long queues, and possibly even end up without them.