test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Paid stat reroll and/or race change?

spl0itzspl0itz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Has there been any mention of such things yet? Would be nice to at least be able to reroll your starting stats considering the whole primary/secondary importance is a little misleading for certain classes/builds.
Post edited by spl0itz on

Comments

• Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The starting stats not being affected by the respec is part of the reason why I still haven't created my TR, so I do echo the hope that this will be made possible at one point!

Also, race and gender changes would be something I'd also be happy to pay for. My level 60 CW is human, but part of me wishes I had gone with a Tiefling.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Member Posts: 2,617 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh hell yeah. That'd be awesome. Mostly because your stats you built for, as an example, a pve controller? Wouldn't work so well as a nuker in pvp.

I don't see it happening, tho. Stats, maybe, but race? It's rather un-dnd to be able to say "AH HA, NOW I'M A DROW" and get gm permission for such a thing.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    spl0itzspl0itz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh hell yeah. That'd be awesome. Mostly because your stats you built for, as an example, a pve controller? Wouldn't work so well as a nuker in pvp.

I don't see it happening, tho. Stats, maybe, but race? It's rather un-dnd to be able to say "AH HA, NOW I'M A DROW" and get gm permission for such a thing.

Eh, I think that's a pretty poor excuse. I mean, isn't it pretty un-dnd to be able respec all your powers, feats, and ability scores?
  • Options
    plentyoskillzplentyoskillz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1 for paid character re-rolls! My TR starting stats are a mess based on the fact that I maxed out DEX on my Drow and got screwed over on STR ... maxing my DEX also made my 3 lowest 10, 10 and 8 and overall stat point total low. I was under the impression DEX was really all that mattered. Yes I could re-roll and start over but I'd rather not. Especially with all the achievements I've earned and time invested. I think it would be very "un-DnD" like to force someone to make a new character, just based off of early misconceptions of the way the games mechanics work out. It takes the enjoyment out of the game having to make a new character just for that reason. Please allow a paid initial stat re-roll token!

Thank you
  • Options
    draogndraogn Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Depends on the GM, though there are items and spells in DnD that allow you to effectively change your race.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    spl0itz wrote: »
    Eh, I think that's a pretty poor excuse. I mean, isn't it pretty un-dnd to be able respec all your powers, feats, and ability scores?

I can't see them adding anything that would change your class/race. Simply because they have quest lines tied into them. It'd be more work that other games simply because of that.

As for stats... Since the respec already exists. I don't understand why they didn't have it let characters reroll the starting stats as well. Its not a huge issue now. But it might be later when they add the rest of the paragon paths.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    I can't see them adding anything that would change your class/race. Simply because they have quest lines tied into them. It'd be more work that other games simply because of that.

Race specific quests shouldn't be that hard to deal with if they really wanted to - just erase the completion flag and any associated achievements. Still that is likely to be a lot more work than allowing a reroll of your initial stats.....
  • Options
    gaatorgaator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    Your ability scores DO reset with a retraining token. Given my math still holds true to the market of zen -> AD, I paid about 100k AD for around 600 maybe 700 zen and then purchased a retraining token from the zen store. The token wipes ability scores, powers, and feats.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gaator wrote: »
    Your ability scores DO reset with a retraining token.

Can I see a link to this change please?

As far as I know, the retraining token didn't allow you to change your starting stats only the points you add every 10 levels.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Is there any way (Zen, Astral Diamonds, etc) to change your initial Ability Score point die rolls selections?
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Honestly there should be a full-on race change. Stats and all.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jadetora wrote: »
    Honestly there should be a full-on race change. Stats and all.

No, there shouldn't.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    syllvvsyllvv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    No, there shouldn't.

Just curious to as why you think it shouldn't be implemented.
  • Options
    sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I've played MMOs for years, but when I came to Neverwinter, I didn't know what to expect. You don't know what each stat does or how effective those stats will be til after you get in-game (ie: Recovery, Deflect) nor do you know what stats will do what (ie: Int is recovery for Rogues, and wis for Mages etc) so obviously some of us are going to mess up. If you don't know what Race is best a lot of ppl go with human cause it's balanced like me and I really didn't need the 3% def and only +2 to 1 stat. My fault, but i'd pay to change races and reroll. Starting a new char, getting to 60 and remaking your gear with enchants and all is pretty extreme for such a slight error. If not this, at least make bound items tradeable between characters on your account. Calling it something like reincarnation would tie into the lore, so DnD fans could be happy. If I can go to the Tower of Alteration and completely have my face remodeled....being reincarnated as a different race would be within reason.

The only excuse I see reasonable for not implementing this is lore. All races are quite balanced, and like some said you can make a new character, so if i'm going to put hours into it for a slight horizontal movement, just getting back where I was with the same class, what reason can you guys give me for not putting this in? It would be somewhat more reasonable if all races were available day 1, but I should make a Moon Elf CW now that my Human is maxed because I want a Moon Elf then again when another race comes I prefer?

This is true. You don't know what each stat is going to do for each class. This is why it is probably a good idea that your first character, or first character of a particular class should be played a few levels first for testing purposes before you roll your "real" character.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    On Page 1 of threads four of them are request for Race Change. Players have spoken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    On Page 1 of threads four of them are request for Race Change. Players have spoken.

Yea, all bumped (3 necro'ed) by the same person, with the same spammed message. Not exactly sure you want that as a representative.

At least it was just a short while ago, before the mods did a little forum pruning.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bah, double post. Sorry.
  • Options
    samehadasecondsamehadasecond Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think it did show that it's come up a lot in the past and should be considered.
    Tempt not the Sleeping Dragon, for you are Cunchy, and Taste Good with Ketchup!
  • Options
    atzellsatzells Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think at least Changing the Atributes Score Rolls must be ingame , they have too much impact ingame. I have 5 x 60's and one of them needs a change , the first charceter i leveled actually. I Didnt realize how much 5 more Strenght would give damage wise for warrior , now i do.
This discussion has been closed.