test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Arc Platform Available for NW Again

imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I see the Arc platform is back on the NW website's front page. I'm guessing this means the issues related to NW are solved.

I'm downloading this now and trying it out, but I hope PWE will continue to put its games on Steam, particularly Cryptic's games. I'm not only saying this selfishly (though that's a component), but because Steam has a broad reach, while Arc's reach is, by design, much more insular.

I do think it's wise of PWE to try this. From their perspective, they have a lot of games they'd like people to try out. Keeping it "in the family" so to speak is good for their business. This might be a good hook for Cryptic's fans, too, many of which seem to stay within the boundaries of Cryptic. Although, on this last part, I don't expect much to change TBH. Cryptic has gained many devoted fans over the years, partly for making non-standard fare. Nothing wrong with that.

It's hard to adopt a new platform when you've already got one that you're used to. I have many games on Steam and a big friends list. It's a good way to get everyone into one game if they're spread around other games (PWE-owned or otherwise). However, it's good to have an open mind and that's why I'll give Arc a try.

The first thing I'll be looking for is whether it slows games down for me. A platform should have a small memory footprint. I have a monster PC, too, so if I notice a difference, that's bad news for people on budget or older PCs.
_

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
@Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion

Comments

• Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also, thank you for keeping this platform optional. Keeping it optional, while giving people incentives to join, I think that's very wise.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so this ARC Platform, is like Steam, Origin, etc.? but only for PWE games?

I don't use Steam at all, and all I play on PC are MMOs, with the occasional MOBA or TCG game.
  • Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I want to know about Social Features (Friends List, Game Chat, etc.), and whether or not I can access Gateway through ARC.