test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auction House Bugs

jappethebreadjappethebread Member Posts: 82 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I didn't want to browse through 200 pages of threads so I'm sorry if this has been brought up before (probably has).

In the auction house there are few quite big bugs that are quite bothering when trying to enjoy the gameplay.

1. Searching by item level isn't working. If I input levels 20-25 to the search, it still shows items from levels like 16 or 40. It's quite annoying trying to find your level armor or weapon when the search gives out a lot of results with either very low items or very high.

2. The time goes negative after an auction is over. There's a lot of items currently with negative time left remaining. Some of them have like two weeks (-14 days) and some have less but still they remain in the AH and crowd the space from those auctions that are still going on.

3. Sorting the listings doesn't work. They are always listed from lowest to highest price even though I click to list them by seller name or item name.

4. The prices the AH suggests for your items when you put them on sale. When I was starting to play this game I thought I got lucky and I'm getting rich early on when I put a level 6 weapon to the auction house and it suggested to sell it for 200,000 astral diamonds. Then I checked how much others are asking for it and the prices were like 10 AD. It would be really nice to actually see what is a "suggested" price and then you could choose if you want to try to sell it for more or less. There are items I don't have clue how valuable they are so it's not nice to sell something for a 100 AD if you could get 1,000 AD for it :)

It would also be nice to see a new search box added so you could search by a sellers name.

PS. I love the game and can't wait it to be finalized and have more paragon paths to choose from and all new stuff! Great work you have done, guys!
Post edited by jappethebread on

Comments

• ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I didn't want to browse through 200 pages of threads so I'm sorry if this has been brought up before (probably has).
    That is why the forum has a search feature, so that we don't have to wade thru one hundred pages of reposts of known issues.

For item #4 the prices for the same item can vary greatly. I have seen a +1 Shield being sold for 100AD and three pages the same spec shield have a price tag of 10.000AD. The sellers determines what an item is worth and how much they think they can get for it. Just because you see a +1 Shield for sale at 10.000AD doesn't mean it sold at that price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eliona666eliona666 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Am i the only one who cant bid after the item has reached 1day and 10h or less time till the end ?It's very annoying, i'm getting outbid by anyone and everyone ....
  • inconel1370inconel1370 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 72
    edited June 2013
    I was just trying to use the AH, and had the same problem as your numbers 1 and 3. I tried to list only level 1-8 talismans, and it was showing all levels of them, even in the 50s. I also couldn't make it sort by any of the columns. These make the AH so burdensome to use, I simply won't use it.
  • pitufo688pitufo688 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013

In the auction house there are few quite big bugs that are quite bothering when trying to enjoy the gameplay.

1. Searching by item level isn't working. If I input levels 20-25 to the search, it still shows items from levels like 16 or 40. It's quite annoying trying to find your level armor or weapon when the search gives out a lot of results with either very low items or very high.

2. The time goes negative after an auction is over. There's a lot of items currently with negative time left remaining. Some of them have like two weeks (-14 days) and some have less but still they remain in the AH and crowd the space from those auctions that are still going on.

3. Sorting the listings doesn't work. They are always listed from lowest to highest price even though I click to list them by seller name or item name.

4. The prices the AH suggests for your items when you put them on sale. When I was starting to play this game I thought I got lucky and I'm getting rich early on when I put a level 6 weapon to the auction house and it suggested to sell it for 200,000 astral diamonds. Then I checked how much others are asking for it and the prices were like 10 AD. It would be really nice to actually see what is a "suggested" price and then you could choose if you want to try to sell it for more or less. There are items I don't have clue how valuable they are so it's not nice to sell something for a 100 AD if you could get 1,000 AD for it :)

It would also be nice to see a new search box added so you could search by a sellers name.

PS. I love the game and can't wait it to be finalized and have more paragon paths to choose from and all new stuff! Great work you have done, guys!

Great post. I have to agree on everything.

It is really annoying to have to search for ALL equipment. The only way to search by level is selecting the EQUIPMENT tab without any subcategories (weapon, armor, ring etc...).

I want to be able to search, for example;

EQUIPMENT > ARMS > Level 60-60 > Very Rare etc...
    EQUIPMENT > Main Weapon > level 52-55 > Rare etc..

and for nothing else to show besides what I am searching for.

and the sorting, it also must be fixed.

Have to disagree in you last point. The "suggested" price of items is what the market evolves into. it all depends in demand/supply. Have to study the market to put the best price.
  • jappethebreadjappethebread Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pitufo688 wrote: »
    Have to disagree in you last point. The "suggested" price of items is what the market evolves into. it all depends in demand/supply. Have to study the market to put the best price.

I guess it's true. Just weird that some items that are worth 2 copper give a suggestion of 1,300,000 AD in the auction house. But I've now started to check how much other people ask for the items with lowest buyouts and asking for about the same amount.