Comments

• zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's one of the easiest bosses?
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zefsgr wrote: »
    It's one of the easiest bosses?

I dont think so, 1001 ads with no tank and cleric we died very fast and there was no way to kill that thing
  • admanteadmante Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I did that in a GF (me), 3x TR, CW team before. It wasn't hard at all except for the boss itself, when the rogues kept wiping due to the black hole shooting things. But yeah, no cleric in that dungeon isn't hard.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    Yeah.. the queue system needs work. One time they queue 4 TR and 1 GWF...
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    GWF can be tanks. The lack of a healer however may not be offset by the extra DPS. But hey, that's how they released it for beta... and as it's a beta it can be unfinished and they're beyond criticism of it.
  • palad1n72palad1n72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe there are not enough clerics queuing for these events? In most dungeons I queue for, it takes 5-15 min to get a random group, and 99% of the time I am the only cleric for the group. Speaking with other groups, they all tell the same story, were most of them do not get a cleric for their dungeon run.

Maybe the system has some flaws, however I question how many clerics are queuing for them.
  • zdrahonulzdrahonul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am not intimately familiar with the Cleric gameplay, so I'd rather ask first: is the lack of available clerics a direct result of cleric class being a bit challenging in solo PvE?
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    zdrahonul wrote: »
    I am not intimately familiar with the Cleric gameplay, so I'd rather ask first: is the lack of available clerics a direct result of cleric class being a bit challenging in solo PvE?

Nope... cleric class can solo very very well. The problem is threat/aggro management is currently broken. Tanks are ineffective when taunting mobs off. And with the slightest heal the cleric gets all the aggro and usually the first one to die (which is then followed by the rest of the party). This as you can imagine can be very frustrating for clerics since they get the blame for the wipe too.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just pull her down the lower floor and kill the small adds, leave the zombie hulks alive (those cannot be tanked anyway, they ignore aggro, already tested with taunts and aggravating strikes) because if they die, more adds will spawn.

In the end (after you survive the initial adds, a few archers, zombies and a ghost armor I think) it's just her and two roaming hulks that can be easily kited by anyone. (whoever is being targeted)
  • illessenillessen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    zdrahonul wrote: »

They're rare because they aren't what people expect out of a healer. If you've played wow, think of them as a druid/warlock most of your heals are heal over time, they also need to deal damage to pump out their more powerful heals on an average basis.

Then the shield isn't exactly set it and forget it, if you put it in the wrong spot people will yell at you. People yell at you because they don't want to use potions because they think clerics negate the need to use them. People yell at you if you draw aggro and die, healing threat is off the charts especially with 4 members that can't generate threat. People yell at you if you try to deal damage and build up your divine charges for the more powerful heals because you're not healing... yeah, people yell at you no matter what you do and can't understand the fundamental difference between a cleric and a real healer.
    edited June 2013
    Basically D&D clerics are not the cloth wearing healbot from WoW. They are more like battle clerics alternating between doing damage and supporting your party. Think of them as WoW necro that party heals with lifetap/life siphon.
  • pnellesenpnellesen Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Throne of Idris is probably one of the easiest Dungeons in the game, at least of the ones I've played since Mad Dragon. As long as you clear the mobs around the throne first, and avoid aggroing the entire top level, it goes pretty smoothly.

I like playing Cleric in this game precisely because they are NOT healbots (Spell Points? We don't NEED NO STEENKING SPELL POINTS!) but this whole "adds appear - adds make beeline for me - kite adds - chug pot - prayIdon'tdiebeforepottimerisupahcrap" thing is starting to get old. I'm getting tired of going through 30-40 pots and 2 or 3 or 5 injury kits because I get 40% less healing from MY OWN FREAKING HEALS than anyone else in the party, and asking the party for a few pots to get me through the boss fight can be an exercise in frustration (though some players are willing to give me a few, and they immediately go on my Friends list :D ) I'm almost level 50 though, so Astral Shield is just around the corner ;)
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    assassin83 wrote: »
    At least it was fun to watch everyone die painfully at the end boss

Someone is amped and ready for some evil deities. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The que system isnt an LFG there is a difference. The Que system is a "place holder" like Get a ticket and wait in line. You are suppose to group up with 4 others and que as a party. other wise the system just puts the first 5 people in line in to the instance. Think of it as a line to a roller coaster. Only so many people can be on the ride at a time when the ride is over and some people get off the next group of people can get on. The que system is the line for the roller coaster. If a group of 5 isn't next in line it will take the next 5 people that where in que to "fill the seats" My best advise for you is dont que solo unless you are a cleric, build a proper group in zone chat before queing up for the instance of your choice and que as a party.
  • zdrahonulzdrahonul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nope... cleric class can solo very very well. The problem is threat/aggro management is currently broken. Tanks are ineffective when taunting mobs off. And with the slightest heal the cleric gets all the aggro and usually the first one to die (which is then followed by the rest of the party). This as you can imagine can be very frustrating for clerics since they get the blame for the wipe too.

Yeah, I have realized this while soloing as a GWF with my healer companion. Many times it gets aggroed even more than myself, which is ridiculous. I have to resurrect it every once in a while, which kind of doesn't bother me in PvE because it even helps me sometimes. But overall it's still a pretty shady mechanic.
    illessen wrote: »
    Then the shield isn't exactly set it and forget it, if you put it in the wrong spot people will yell at you. People yell at you because they don't want to use potions because they think clerics negate the need to use them. People yell at you if you draw aggro and die, healing threat is off the charts especially with 4 members that can't generate threat. People yell at you if you try to deal damage and build up your divine charges for the more powerful heals because you're not healing... yeah, people yell at you no matter what you do and can't understand the fundamental difference between a cleric and a real healer.

Yeah, it's frustrating, to say the least. In a party, I would usually try and help myself as much as possible using potions, and rely on healers only when really needed, therefore making it easier for them to help the lot.

Thanks for the explanations, I appreciate it.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    This is the easiest dungeon besides Cloak Tower. My guild regularly does it with 4 of 5 of any class that wants to go. No cleric, no problem. No CW, no problem.
    You should be able to 4 man it if you have a cleric at about 7.5k GS or 5 man it without a cleric at that GS. When we're significantly over-geared (about 9k) we'll 4 man it without a cleric.
  • leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    klangeddin wrote: »
    Just pull her down the lower floor and kill the small adds, leave the zombie hulks alive (those cannot be tanked anyway, they ignore aggro, already tested with taunts and aggravating strikes) because if they die, more adds will spawn.

In the end (after you survive the initial adds, a few archers, zombies and a ghost armor I think) it's just her and two roaming hulks that can be easily kited by anyone. (whoever is being targeted)
    The hulks can be tanked. I agro them and kite them on my GF each time I run it. AOE Taunt followed by threatening rush followed by kite a little. Rinse and repeat. Works like a charm. Don't kite them to far away from idriss though...she gets lonely and will spawn another group even though those two hulks are still alive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • usagi2697usagi2697 Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    Hope they will make these dungeons a bit more doable and focus more on tactic, not just make it difficult by spawning thousands of adds plus more and more HP for boss. That is not so creative and time wasting.
    This game has a lot of thing in common with TERA, I prefer the combat system and mechanic of NW.
    However, compare to TERA instances, NW dungeons are so so bad designed, every dungeon is the same, repeatable, time consuming...
    It usually takes around 1 hour to get to the final boss and 1 hour to kill the boss, if lucky, you complete the dungeon and finish your daily, if not, you have to give up and got nothing because your pt got wiped so many times.
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Basically D&D clerics are not the cloth wearing healbot from WoW. They are more like battle clerics alternating between doing damage and supporting your party. Think of them as WoW necro that party heals with lifetap/life siphon.

Indeed, especially in End Boss I found out that Healing just sucks a bit. The amount of damage you during this fight is just much more than you can heal and the problem is also that you can't heal yourself as effective. So if play pure Healing Cleric you probally die a lot without doing much damage.

I chose to be a DPS Cleric and found out this is much more effective.

This was a Skirmish I played when I was lvl 51 with my Cleric: http://i40.tinypic.com/156ya8n.png
    signature-lili.png
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    leillanna wrote: »
    The hulks can be tanked. I agro them and kite them on my GF each time I run it. AOE Taunt followed by threatening rush followed by kite a little. Rinse and repeat. Works like a charm. Don't kite them to far away from idriss though...she gets lonely and will spawn another group even though those two hulks are still alive.

The hulks can be tanked, but it's just not worth it. Anyone can kite them, it doesn't take a GF to do that. They move and attack slow and you can read their tells easy. You're better off staying on Idris to give your rogue combat advantage, bring her down faster, then deal with the hulks.

But it hardly matters. This dungeon is super easy.
  • yellowmutantyellowmutant Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why didnt the rogue just solo it once you all died? so easy
  • grimhelmegrimhelme Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    usagi2697 wrote: »
    Hope they will make these dungeons a bit more doable and focus more on tactic, not just make it difficult by spawning thousands of adds plus more and more HP for boss. That is not so creative and time wasting.
    This game has a lot of thing in common with TERA, I prefer the combat system and mechanic of NW.
    However, compare to TERA instances, NW dungeons are so so bad designed, every dungeon is the same, repeatable, time consuming...
    It usually takes around 1 hour to get to the final boss and 1 hour to kill the boss, if lucky, you complete the dungeon and finish your daily, if not, you have to give up and got nothing because your pt got wiped so many times.

This.

QFT.