test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleric Companion

johnj9000johnj9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
On the cleric companion there is a slot called ICON in which you can drag something over and give to the companion. So far I can not figure out what I can put in that slot. Any help or hints would be appreciated.
Post edited by johnj9000 on

Comments

• demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    um that would the cleric off hand called an Icon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a vendor in the Prot Enclave market (I think) that sells icons & symbols ... you want an icon. It should actually be called "icon."
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • johnj9000johnj9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the information.
  • kannix1kannix1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    There's a vendor in the Prot Enclave market (I think) that sells icons & symbols ... you want an icon. It should actually be called "icon."

I have searched for this vendor but could not find it. And I like to buy my companion this icon. Who can help me?
    Thanks in advance.
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Search the AH for off hand and filter by class devoted cleric.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think it's the "implement vendor" or something similar.
  • pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep Implement Merchant in the Seven Suns Coster area.
    rapticor wrote: »
    I think it's the "implement vendor" or something similar.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • herakleiaherakleia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    Pet items aren't subject to level restrictions, either. A level 15 cleric can wield a level 60 icon. You don't have to be level 60 either.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The vendors are defaulted to only show items you can use. So protip, if wanting to buy items for pets or alts be sure to use the display all items on the top of the vendor window. Shame seal vendors lack this option.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    herakleia wrote: »
    Pet items aren't subject to level restrictions, either. A level 15 cleric can wield a level 60 icon. You don't have to be level 60 either.

dafuq?

Really? Is that intended?
  • jorril2396jorril2396 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dafuq?

Really? Is that intended?

Its scaled down to their level
  • aenedoraenedor Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    herakleia wrote: »

Does this go for other free (max level 15) companions as well?
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aenedor wrote: »
    Does this go for other free (max level 15) companions as well?

Yes. It goes for all companions.
  • herakleiaherakleia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    I searched the AH for a level 60 cleric icon that added hit points. I found a blue one, forget entirely what it was called, that I could buy for less than 8K. It adds something like 1300 hit points. I'm not sure that adding power or recovery (recharge! it's called recharge!) or anything else benefits pets all that much, but the clerics now share the item and it does them both a world of good. It would be especially powerful if you're twinking an alt that runs with the cleric.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just tend to give my companions green items that drop during the course of gameplay, that I either can't use or don't want to use. I don't feel that they get that much benefit from them anyway, so I don't think it's worth investing too much in their items...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I just tend to give my companions green items that drop during the course of gameplay, that I either can't use or don't want to use. I don't feel that they get that much benefit from them anyway, so I don't think it's worth investing too much in their items...

Until you get a cat or ioun stone and every stat you add to them via items is added to your own stats..
    edited June 2013
    Another handy thing to know is that items equipped on the pets do not bind. The runestones do, and must be pried loose with astral diamonds. The items do not.