test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why Cant we trade Astral Diamonds?

fragilevyoletfragilevyolet Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Im sure this topic has been beaten to death but im seriously distrubed by the fact that gold has no presence in this game for anything other then potions and the main currency is Astral diamonds which we cant trade.... So how the in the world do help each other increase our astral diamond cache. Example: me and my guild are opening guild slots and the price of guild bank slots are worth 150/300k to open how u suppose to open these with just 1 person?
If anyone has any idea of what we can do to trade astral diamonds without losing a 10% cut from AH let me know.
Post edited by fragilevyolet on

Comments

• Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Working as intended...
  • Options
    kiranus1986kiranus1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the AH is ment to be a Astral-Sink...
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Derping as intended :cool:
  • Options
    buckem420buckem420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If astrals were tradeable RMT would be able to sell them.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    buckem420 wrote: »

Probably someone needs to tell them that then. They seem to be selling despite this...handicap.
  • Options
    merkinmurlhermerkinmurlher Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Probably someone needs to tell them that then. They seem to be selling despite this...handicap.

Easy way to trade:

Put item on auction house that is really nothing and put the price up higher. Have your friend buy it to get the AD?
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Easy way to trade:

Put item on auction house that is really nothing and put the price up higher. Have your friend buy it to get the AD?

Yes, this is one way. But it misses the point. If the soul idea of making AD non tradeable is to curb RMT sales. RMT sales that dont seem to be curbed by this one tiny bit. Then the idea of making AD non tradeable kinda seems a useless and silly restriction.
  • Options
    lonesomehunterlonesomehunter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have an idea for the guild bank slots. Why not make an account in the guild that anyone can deposit AD into to purchase bank slots? No one would be able to withdraw from it, it could only be used to purchase additional slots.
  • Options
    aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited June 2013

If that is the reason behind this it only hurts honest players, this isn't stopping rmt in the slightest.
  • Options
    herakleiaherakleia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    You can in fact transfer ADs. It is not obvious how, and a tax is paid.

If they want to stop the practice, they should anonymize the AH. If they want the AH to be a viable minigame that's a good idea as well; the identity of buyer and seller is cloaked until the transaction completes, or maybe not even then. (I'd also add the ability to have fixed buy offers out there as well.)
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    herakleia wrote: »
    You can in fact transfer ADs. It is not obvious how, and a tax is paid.

If they want to stop the practice, they should anonymize the AH. If they want the AH to be a viable minigame that's a good idea as well; the identity of buyer and seller is cloaked until the transaction completes, or maybe not even then. (I'd also add the ability to have fixed buy offers out there as well.)

Eh, people would still be able to "de-anonymize" for AD transfers by either using odd items (like Bent Forks), or by setting odd pre-agreed-upon prices (for ex: 43210 starting bid, 10101010 buyout.)
  • Options
    iwrestlebearziwrestlebearz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013

You really don't think RMT's are just selling via the AH?

Check for potions and other small items being sold for 1.12 and 2.24 mil, it happens all the time..
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The solution is simple and the mechanic is already in the engine. Make the guild bank a holding, similar to STO's Fleet Starbases, and guild tabs the projects. The only requirement would be an AD amount.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You know, I just thought of another reason why you can't directly trade AD to other players - so that you have to use the Auction House to sell things for AD. Which means there's always that little 10% transaction fee getting diamond-sinked out of the economy.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    You can trade AD .. although at a 10% tax rate. That's why Lord Neverember is filthy rich enough to hire mercenaries and adventurers to do his dirty deeds and rebuild Neverwinter :)

SPOILER: Despite being "forced" to work for Lord Neverember in the main quest of the game and being the main benefactor of the adventurers. He is actually a complex character (he genuinely has Neverwinter's interests at heart but he is not above allying with evil forces or resorting to murder, extortion, blackmail to accomplish his goals. All in all he is a typical politician. But his followers are actually good people that genuinely wants what is best for Neverwinter. He is not ALL 100% bad.. but he is a very shrewd judge of character and master manipulator. You can read all about it here.
  • Options
    herakleiaherakleia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    You really don't think RMT's are just selling via the AH?

Check for potions and other small items being sold for 1.12 and 2.24 mil, it happens all the time..

Yes, and this makes for an entertaining minigame of looking for them and trying to highjack them. :cool:
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im sure this topic has been beaten to death but im seriously distrubed by the fact that gold has no presence in this game for anything other then potions and the main currency is Astral diamonds which we cant trade.... So how the in the world do help each other increase our astral diamond cache. Example: me and my guild are opening guild slots and the price of guild bank slots are worth 150/300k to open how u suppose to open these with just 1 person?
    If anyone has any idea of what we can do to trade astral diamonds without losing a 10% cut from AH let me know.

One of the best reasons why we can't trade AD is the stupid AD farmers. Right now they are nothing but a scam but make it possible to trade AD and the economy will tank.
  • Options
    neo1313neo1313 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    simple answer, find a stackable item that sells for one gold to vendors, if its something from the cash shop (like say a key for example) use that instead. in other words, say in zone chat: Selling 20 keys for 60 gold (or 200k ad). Problem solved. Come on guys, we are the player base, we are smarter than they are, and we can figure out a way around this. "Instead of relying on them to implement a fix as they see fit". Lets think on our own for a change.

Addendum: Keys from the cash shop were merely n example, figure out what the conversion rate of AD > zen > keys and there you go, bam! alternate currency. THATS TRADEABLE. Do this with wards or runes also. I mean theres definitely possibilities out there...
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    herakleia wrote: »
    Yes, and this makes for an entertaining minigame of looking for them and trying to highjack them. :cool:

How would you hijack them? If you buy the listing, you've only wasted your AD giving an RMT a favor by paying their customer for them.
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    holt3 wrote: »
    Working as intended...
    I do not think that term means what DEV teams think it does.;)
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    kindyrekindyre Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2013
    quorforged wrote: »
    How would you hijack them? If you buy the listing, you've only wasted your AD giving an RMT a favor by paying their customer for them.

Pretty sure he meant that, if listings were anonymous, he could put up an auction of his own with the same starting bid and buyout, in hopes of having the RMT buy his instead of the actual customer's.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ravin wrote: »
    The solution is simple and the mechanic is already in the engine. Make the guild bank a holding, similar to STO's Fleet Starbases, and guild tabs the projects. The only requirement would be an AD amount.
    We definitely need Guild Holdings, that would be awesome.
  • Options
    lilmonkey333lilmonkey333 Banned Users Posts: 70
    edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yes, this is one way. But it misses the point. If the soul idea of making AD non tradeable is to curb RMT sales.

Yeah, no. You are the one missing the point.

It is in PWE's best interest to make amassing AD as hard as possible for players, while at the same time still giving players the impression that they can make reasonable amounts of AD. This, in turn, is to lure/entice people into buying Zen, of course.

Forcing players to use the AH for any trades involving AD is simply an AD sink, which helps to achieve the above stated.