test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Buff stats on purple drops from bosses

lwetlwet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Purple drops that don't belong to T1 or T2 sets could use a buff to their stats, to make decisions harder between set bonuses and flat bonuses.

I'm talking about small buffs to gear like Full Helm of the Spider, Pyrotechnic Band, Cloak of the Erupting Volcano, Amulet of Fire, Aboleth Mantle, Abolethic Loop, Aboleth Girdle, Hrimnir rings/neck, Thickgristle items etc.

If these items became slightly more relevant, NW might see more variety in builds. Right now all builds depend on T2 sets, and the decisions are largely between T2 set bonuses.
Post edited by lwet on

Comments

• lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Umm, in all mmos gear builds depend on sets.
    I don't see why it should be different here.
    Plus non set items already give unique skins.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Unique skins can be added to set items.

I partially agree with OP. it would be nice to see more of a trade off between off set builds and what not. I would LOVE to see uniques added as well that could be niche builds and am hoping that is coming soon.

As it is right now, sets are pretty much the only way to go and out of the sets usually it comes down to 1 set in particular... They do need to rework the stats on sets (which they have said they are doing in the next big patch) or atleast reworking stats...
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Unique skins can be added to set items.

And that is more then enough for me to go for these dirt cheap items. Makes me look pretty unique while having <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> stats.
  • granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pyrotechnic Band? Really? You want the Pyrotechnic band buffed? Have you taken a closer look at what it offers compared to say...ancient rings?
  • lwetlwet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pyrotechnic Band? Really? You want the Pyrotechnic band buffed? Have you taken a closer look at what it offers compared to say...ancient rings?

Pyrotechnic Band is a good item because it gives a certain combination of stats that doesn't appear on equivalent epic gear, which would be Grand Rings/Belts/Necks, not Ancients. Still, there is a 15 point gear score difference between the two.

Since the other purple boss drops have similar numbers to the Pyro Band but different stats, generally nobody includes them in their build.