test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

traps are too weak

sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
I know that this is not game braking but still it suck.I played 2 years ago Dungeon and Dragons online and what really impressed me there that every class have job to to in dungeons.I played rogue and people whould call me in pt because i could discover/remove traps and track hidden doors.In that game trap can kill u instant so having rogue in pt contribute to value of class.Here on other hand traps are jokes,im rogue but i dont even boder to remove traps,pt doesnt boder to ask me to remove them,we just steps on them like its nothing and lose like...20% hp only,with pots and healers in pt that is just joke.I even step on traps on purpose when im doing dungeons to see how much they will take my hp and i always feel disappointed.Pls cryptic increase dmg done buy traps so that players can be lot more aware of them,
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2013
    I know right, it's like those things aren't even there. Feels less like a dungeon delve and more like a dungeon roflstorm the way traps are.
    We're delving a dangerous well guarded dungeon, we should be keeping an eye for traps in any room we enter, and getting outright killed if we trigger one. Seems more like a unnoteworthy sidethought right now.
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Traps are pointless in a MMORPG. They are just a beginner's trap and it will get tons of **** players kicked out of groups or insulted by angry nerds who can't accept that noobs exist in a MMO when they were a **** too once and accidentally sprung a trap or two themselves!

Cause after you've done a dungeon once or twice, and saw where all the traps are, then you know how to avoid'em a 2nd time around, making traps completely useless for veteran players. I'm levelling a new alt and I have yet to spring a single trap.

Not to mention rogues disarm traps so slowly! I remember doing a lowbie dungeon on my TR (my first character) and there was traps around a room. I was about to run around and disarm a few traps to give people more running space, but the tank just ended up pulling all the mobs away further down the corridor from where the traps are located!!! See? Traps are useless when someone knows where they are located, TR disarm so slowly that people don't want to wait for me to disarm'em, and if a **** accidentally did get trapped and killed by a trap, they're gonna get yelled at for dying from it!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    yes i agree talesmith,its like that in D&D online.Many times i instant die cause of traps.And when i find pt,people always wait for me(rogue)to go on first,wait for me to scan area to see if there are traps or not,and at end to remove them.Here traps have no purpose atall.Im rogue and dont feel like i had dmg taken,cant imagine how is it when u trigger trap as tank class lol,5% hp :/?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    arcblatez if traps are useless then they should remove all our class skills too...u dont like them but many people do and some traps cant be avoided,traps dont need to instant kill u but they need to make notable dmg.
  • Options
    manasiremanasire Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I agree. Traps should be something that you have to watch for, but problem is how setting off a trap is punished. I think that loosing XP -proportionate to the trap severity level, in combination with health loss would be a sensible approach, because just loosing a bit of health doesn't really feel punishing enough. Loosing XP has a lasting effect that would, I think, concentrate the player more and encourage them to use the services of Rogues. Cheers all

edit:
    How about we watch for them as being significant -XP loss/health. Avoid them, then still no mandatory Rogue, but worthwhile traps?
    VVVV
    A wise man learns more from a foolish question, than a fool learns from a wise answer.
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    How about traps stay weak so that it isn't mandatory to have a rogue in the party.

That or provide a companion that can disable them.
  • Options
    talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2013
    Or if you don't have a rogue, you can simply try to avoid them. Better yet, if you don't disarm them lure enemies into them!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    anyway,atm traps have no meaning.Rogue dont have meaning except to dps.Traps removing and opening locks and doors is signature of rogue in every D&D game,when u play rpg u always have rogue for this feature not to dps...i hope Cryptic see this topic and do something about it
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like to see Traps more meaningful. Or if anything add super duper strong traps(traps they can one shot) for Foundry use and we can make some really interesting levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I use them to lure bad guys on it. Plus as someone said if they did this it would make it mandatory to have a rouge in your party leaving people waiting for a rouge to join the group. Not going to happen.

Plus they seem to take a long time actually fixing anything so they would probably take a long time to actually do anything even if they would haha.
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I sort of agree with the OP, the traps are very meaningless, in one dungeon there was this dude saying watch out midle of the staircase 3 traps in a row care. I apreciated this comment for the sentiment of being a good teamplayer, however after this i emdiatly ran to that staircase and slided true the midle springing all 3 traps. The entire team laughed pretty hard, but it does demonstrate the effect of traps :(.

If anything they should take this a step further.

Traps = can onehit kill u.
    Dungeonering = able to open alternate routes inside a dungeon providing shortcuts/aditional rewards for the team.
    arcane mastery = able to open up teleports that allow ure team to enter the alternate rift of a dungeon, also providing a shortcut and reward.
    Nature = profesion nodes when opened give EVERY team member bonus items for profesions.

Things like this would enchance character meaning inside a dungeon etc...
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -