test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question for Trickshaw (or another Sentinel GWF)

grifterecgrifterec Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Is there a display bug for deflect?

With points in the scale agility feat character window still shows 0% deflect, same as when i equip the runspeed/deflect passive.

Does it still work even if it doesnt display?

Also, follow up question, i use come and get it quite a lot to offtank, but putting points into the feat for it just seems ****ty, is this correct?
Post edited by grifterec on

Comments

• Options
    trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To answer your first question... I have no idea what you're doing wrong. The feat shows up just fine for me as does Bravery's passive. I wish I could give you an answer here but I don't have one. If there's a bug... then it happened just this morning because last night I respec'd back to Sentinel and it works fine for me.

For your second question, C&GI I spec for it, even though I never use it, for no other reason than hopefully they will make it more worthwhile later on. When you hit 60 you'll have plenty of points to go around. I use the same 4 abilities, swapping them in and out on occasion but I have I dunno how many of them actually capped. Just don't use them.

Hoping Cryptic will give me a reason some time down the road.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    grifterecgrifterec Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    trickshaw wrote: »
    To answer your first question... I have no idea what you're doing wrong. The feat shows up just fine for me as does Bravery's passive. I wish I could give you an answer here but I don't have one. If there's a bug... then it happened just this morning because last night I respec'd back to Sentinel and it works fine for me.

For your second question, C&GI I spec for it, even though I never use it, for no other reason than hopefully they will make it more worthwhile later on. When you hit 60 you'll have plenty of points to go around. I use the same 4 abilities, swapping them in and out on occasion but I have I dunno how many of them actually capped. Just don't use them.

Hoping Cryptic will give me a reason some time down the road.

The bonus deflect is an additive % right? not multiplicative? If it is multiplicative that would be my problem as i don't have any deflect (from gear) to multiply anything by..

What does your sent tree look like? do you take the deflect % AND the increased threat from C&GI / DS?

I was planning on going 5/5 SOS, 5/5 damage to marked targets, 5/5 deflect % and then 5/5 WM passive feat
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    I've been giving "Come and Get It" a test run in dungeons. The damage buff is pretty negligible and you have 3 seconds to do the attack. Plus it is only your next 1 attack.. not all attacks within 3 seconds. The saving grace for this skill is the pull effect that moves mobs closer into a bunch together for some easier AOEing. And it's a flat damage not scalable (+20% dmg if you get 3 ranks). What I am doing is combining it with Roar. CoGI + Roar = Moar Damage.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yeah no, im going to use COGI regardless, my combo is COGI+ ROAR or some WMS. My question is the feat, the power to damage buff is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and not worth it, is the extra threat?
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    grifterec wrote: »
    Yeah no, im going to use COGI regardless, my combo is COGI+ ROAR or some WMS. My question is the feat, the power to damage buff is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and not worth it, is the extra threat?

Might be worth it if threat actually works. IMHO 5% power is not 5% more damage. Power to damage translates badly for GWF. I think it's something like 25 power = 1 point of damage.

Let's theorycraft here a bit:

Let's say you have 2000 power that translates to 80 more damage. 5% of 2000 power translates to 100 more power or roughly 4 more damage.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yeah i know the power to damage part sucks, thats what i was saying. Is the added threat bonus worth it or no? my thoughts are to skip the third tier of sent completely by putting 5/5 in the tier 1 deflect
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    grifterec wrote: »
    Yeah i know the power to damage part sucks, thats what i was saying. Is the added threat bonus worth it or no? my thoughts are to skip the third tier of sent completely by putting 5/5 in the tier 1 deflect

IMHO not at the moment... nope.. not worth it. Threat is completely broken... however let's say threat does work... yeah.. then it could be a very nice combo (AOE threat generation).
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thank you, ill just stick to the deflect talent from tier 1 then, and assume it is working. Does anyone know if it is additive?
  • Options
    belladanbelladan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I didn't build a sentinel build yet simply because I didn't like the ability bonuses very much. The defensive portion of the line I loved, but having an ability that improves your 3 shout abilities isn't the best rotation, imho. (could be annoying in pvp though. ^_^) It's mostly the relative synergy of the system. CoGi then roar for the damage bonus, followed by daring, or Cogi, daring and then Roar for the AP generation?

Either way, that makes your encounter rotation cycle only every 10-12 seconds, instead of having a possible lower value, making our sub-par at-wills the dps maker.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I play mostly with my wife, an underskilled cleric. So i spend MOST of my time, trying to get all the monsters off her. Seems to fit that job nicely