test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So this Foundary Thing.

dammaddammad Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Is there a guide or something that would help me figure out how to build my stories & quests?
I probably could figure it out but a guide or tutorial would help.
Post edited by dammad on

Comments

• adjuchasbrokkadjuchasbrokk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dammad wrote: »
    Is there a guide or something that would help me figure out how to build my stories & quests?
    I probably could figure it out but a guide or tutorial would help.

Trial and error at the moment. There are links to a wiki and tutorial on the foundry main screen, but they're not ready yet, future feature. :)
    [Foundry Projects]
    The Sunken Castle
    - NW-DEO4EA5XG -
    - A story driven dungeon crawl! -
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How things work is Cryptic!

(drum riff)

Seriously, Cryptic is allergic to documentation in all their games.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow I'm sad. Two replies and no one mentions the FAQ thread? The one full of manuals, tips, video tutorials, etc?
    [FAQ] Foundry Tips, Manuals, Tutorials, & Bugs
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    Wow I'm sad. Two replies and no one mentions the FAQ thread? The one full of manuals, tips, video tutorials, etc?
    [FAQ] Foundry Tips, Manuals, Tutorials, & Bugs

^ This.

Also, once you get some of the basics down, check out mosby1's DM's Studio -
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?310642-DM-s-Studio-NW-DHZ5DAV4R-any-use
  • sebillesangraelsebillesangrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That should be a sticky!!
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That should be a sticky!!

Right?????
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Foundry has been around for THREE YEARS. The Neverwinter Foundry is built off the Star Trek Online Foundry. it's newer, shinier and more powerful, but still works basically the same. Even before I became a Neverwinter Foundry beta Tester (hence the Silverstar title) - I was telling people "Get your head-start at the STO Foundry areas - learn what you need to learn now so you're ready when NW launches".

With that, I now present you with the absolutely best, most definitive, abundant and accurate Foundry tips, tricks, tutorials, work-arounds and and "how-to" articles and videos you will EVER find anywhere else:

Starbase UGC web site: http://starbaseugc.com

GRANTED: It is all Star Trek-themed. However, 90% of everything there translates DIRECTLY to Neverwinter Foundry.

//Fullstop.
  • visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Seriously...just look at the stickied threads
    Foundry List of UGC, Authors, Tips, and Content

zovyas thread isn't stickied, but it's listed in 'Foundry List' which is...along with other very helpful threads
    p.s. awesome job on your thread zovya
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png