test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Start pvp tweaking now please

urborgstalkerurborgstalker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
I've read that there's a planned balancing with the Gauntlgrym expansion but why are you waiting so long to make changes? You're tweaking the code all the time, why can't you just go in and do some adjusting to the classes now? Increase some damage here, reduce some CC there, and let it run for a while and see how the numbers change in pvp matches...waiting all this time while the gimped classes continue to suffer makes no sense to me (I'm speaking in particular about the sad state of the GWF in pvp).

If you insist on waiting until the expansion to do your balancing, I'm going to expect miracles and mind blowing alterations (and bitter disappointment). Seriously, just start the tweaking now please...the longer you wait the more gimped class players are going to quit.
Post edited by urborgstalker on

Comments

• isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Do you think WoW handles it better? It takes them minimum a couple months for patches and they never do hotfix type changes for class balances.

It's practically the exact same complaints in WoW. Too much damage, too much cc, gimped classes and we're talking about WoW. They certainly have the budget and staff and still probably don't do it faster then what you people want.
  • laromusoo7laromusoo7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GWF gimped ? man are you sure you're playing the right game, but sorry GWF can stun lock kill you and their livability is insane. Please go read and make yourself a better build cause obviously you've randomly picked traits etc if you say GWF is gimped.
    edited June 2013
    Granted a lot have to do with gear, but a GWF and also GF can stunlock you to death 100%. I just faced a GWF liked that last night on my CW. Guaranteed death if they got the stun off.

Please also confirm this is at 60 or not because it's different.
  • dethcorddethcord Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    I've read that there's a planned balancing with the Gauntlgrym expansion but why are you waiting so long to make changes? You're tweaking the code all the time, why can't you just go in and do some adjusting to the classes now? Increase some damage here, reduce some CC there, and let it run for a while and see how the numbers change in pvp matches...waiting all this time while the gimped classes continue to suffer makes no sense to me (I'm speaking in particular about the sad state of the GWF in pvp).

If you insist on waiting until the expansion to do your balancing, I'm going to expect miracles and mind blowing alterations (and bitter disappointment). Seriously, just start the tweaking now please...the longer you wait the more gimped class players are going to quit.

Better let them work a bit longer on his. They had a deadline from their publisher (I hope it's a correct word), they've met a time given them to "release" the game, and now they can slow down a bit to make anything with more attention for details. In this game every 2 days there is some exploit found, good of those are small exploits, and personally I'd love to see this new PvPvE location done well with least numbers of exploits possible. Besides, they have loads of problems to deal with in their game already.

Personally if I'll get too bored I can go play planetside 2 or dota for a bit, and then come back when new content is released, but as it is now - PvP is still pretty intertaining, with a monotony being the only problem, so I can live with that for a month or so.
    edited June 2013
    I agree, wizards that are wearing cloth should be able to tank fighters... cool story.

Of course you die, you are not wearing an armor... Pyjama's are not well known for their defensive capabilities.

Peace.

Then what's the complaining about?

On another note, what makes you think this is either funny or a good post? I'm serious. According to your logic then GWF should be able to tank TR and where does magic fit in your brilliant armor analysis?
  • pickygamerpickygamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    isopoint wrote: »
    Then what's the complaining about?

On another note, what makes you think this is either funny or a good post? I'm serious. According to your logic then GWF should be able to tank TR and where does magic fit in your brilliant armor analysis?

I dont think they understood you were in fact making a rebuttal to the OP and thought they would come out with some 'witty' response....

I agree GWF are pretty good in pvp depending on who is behind the character.