test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bay of Pigs - NW-DAITVBJAX

bostishbostish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Bay of Pigs by @Bostish
Short Code:NW-DAITVBJAX
Mission Type: Indoor/Outdoor Location Mission
Average Duration:15 min
Amount of Combat:average
Starts at: Auction House NPC
Mission Summary: The final battle to seal the fate of two species is finally here. Participate and possibly gain allies.

Description: At the base of all battles is nothing more important that what strikes at a man’s heart. Whether it be a life long partner, a dream yet unfulfilled or epic adventure which hasn’t been accomplished. There are battles which may never be understood but yet need to be played out. Be it between country or men, fate needs to be played out.

There is a need, which assistance is required. Are you ready to do what is necessary?

Light Questing/Hack and Slash
Difficulty: Medium
Post edited by bostish on

Comments

• Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This description was so cryptic that i had to try it.
    I was not disappointed - pigs vs chickens.
    I'm still not sure I know what was going on but I feel good to have helped the piggys.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    bostishbostish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you! Your quests were awesome, so coming from someone like you it's a solid compliment.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Quote from: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?314822-Need-Reviews-amp-Critique-10-15-min-quest
    cudd1y wrote: »
    Hey Bostish

Had a lot of fun playing your quest. here's just a couple things I wrote down while running it.

Loved the fire effects, especially with the barrels.

I was one shotting the pig hunters as CW, maybe up the difficulty of those random encounters, or make them more dense, because there weren't many random fights.

I cracked up when the two armies fought each other, that hasn't happened to me before on a quest.

By far the most annoying thing of this quest was something that bugged probably just me. There were a bunch of zones one after another, you zone in the house, almost immediately zone out to the field, then zone on the horse to another field. Just feels like maybe those zones could've all been put together or condensed.

I had a blast playing your quest, Lot's of fun, rated and reviewed and tipped. Thanks for allowing me to play it.

Thank you Cudd1y, I will tweak those minor encounters and try to optimize some, thank you!
  • Options
    pavvopavvo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi
    Just reviewed and rated your quest. Hilarious! Nothing much to add except to reiterate the fact that the zoning happens way too often. Maybe try to skip a few portions (the stable-hand to the horse for one)

Appreciate a review of my campaigns :) or just the 2nd quest Amulet of the Shining Sun if you have the time. Links in SIg
    The Tale of the 3 Suns - NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    #1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    #2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
    #2 has choices that give a high amount of replayability

The Legend of Khyber - NWS-DK33EIYMY
    #1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    #2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
    Heavy combat/light story
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    pavvo wrote: »
    Hi
    Just reviewed and rated your quest. Hilarious! Nothing much to add except to reiterate the fact that the zoning happens way too often. Maybe try to skip a few portions (the stable-hand to the horse for one)

Appreciate a review of my campaigns :) or just the 2nd quest Amulet of the Shining Sun if you have the time. Links in SIg

I will do your quests in the morning, thank you for the kind words :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Removed the excessive map transitions, now it's just the stables and the bay.
  • Options
    delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Going to go ahead and play/review this. I really appreciate how you've been reviewing other people's quests and providing them with videos.

It really does help to watch someone else play your quest. It helped me quite a bit when someone streamed mine way back when, so thank you for helping the community!

EDIT:
    Fun idea! My thoughts:

What I liked:
    -I really enjoyed the lightheartedness of the quest.
    -There were some good objective ideas/effects.
    -None of the encounters felt too overwhelming.

What I'd like to see worked on:
    -Interacting with the horse so that you can mount it (from the stables) felt awkward. There was a lot of repositioning just to try to find the right place to stand to move to the next area.
    -Would like a bit more detail/objects in the areas, so they look a little bit less plain.

Not too much else to comment on. Thanks for sharing this!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    delthanin wrote: »
    Going to go ahead and play/review this. I really appreciate how you've been reviewing other people's quests and providing them with videos.

It really does help to watch someone else play your quest. It helped me quite a bit when someone streamed mine way back when, so thank you for helping the community!

What I'd like to see worked on:
    -Interacting with the horse so that you can mount it (from the stables) felt awkward. There was a lot of repositioning just to try to find the right place to stand to move to the next area.
    -Would like a bit more detail/objects in the areas, so they look a little bit less plain.

Not too much else to comment on. Thanks for sharing this!

Thank you very much!

Your last points are spot on, and the same problems I'm working on. It worked so well on the last horse back to town, but so clunky in the stall. The sound effects I have in place are hit and miss too.
  • Options
    belberkbelberk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 81
    edited June 2013
    This was a funny and cute adventure. I do like how you made use of the interactions. Nice story if you're shooting for a funny type of quest. I didn't notice anything that jumped out as far as any issues. 4/5 stars. Good Job! I know my wife will want to run it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:
    The Eternal Light NW-DO335J3SZ D.F.E.
    Revenge Of The Companions NW-DMHJNCEY5

Campaign:
    The Light In The Darkness NWS-DJIAO4D3J
    An Unlikely Hero NW-DCFZNQZLR D.F.E.
    The Puppet Master NW-DM8BI99QJ D.F.E.
  • Options
    xbostishxxbostishx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    belberk wrote: »
    This was a funny and cute adventure. I do like how you made use of the interactions. Nice story if you're shooting for a funny type of quest. I didn't notice anything that jumped out as far as any issues. 4/5 stars. Good Job! I know my wife will want to run it.

Thank you for the very kind words!
  • Options
    meysameysa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 72
    edited June 2013
    I'll review this after I'm done with the quest I'm on now. Please do the same for the quest in my signature and leave a review on the thread link there.

***Review***
    On the last line of the conversation before he takes you to the bay of pigs. I'd add something like "Brrr, it's cold." Of course, I'm insane. :-)

Your signal fire should be adjusted using the 3D editor it's edge is floating in the air.

For "Head to the Field Commander", it has me go down the hill and then he spawns up the hill from where the area is. That should be fixed.

I would say it was one of my favorite quests I've reviewed so far. Of course that may be the insanity showing again. :-)
    Storming Monte Hall Review Thread
    Storming Monte Hall NW-DRAQHLR54