test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Steel Blitz

mellinthmellinth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I can't seem to find any real information on exactly how this passive works. It sounds like it could be very useful, but the vagueness of the tooltip prevented me from investing points into it. If someone could answer my questions about Steel Blitz, that would be great.

Does it duplicate the attack that procced it or does it generate some generic extra attack for some unrelated range of damage? Or does it do something else entirely?

If it does duplicate the attack, will it duplicate more than the damage? Will it duplicate Restoring Strike's healing and stamina regen for instance? Is the attack duplicated at 100% effectiveness at rank 1 (124% at rank 3) or some other value?

Does the extra attack happen instantaneously or does the character go through some sort of animation to perform the attack? This is what I'm most interested in.

What is the proc chance against a single enemy? How many enemies do you have to hit for it to proc 100% of the time? Or is there some sort of cap?

Does investing points beyond the first increase the proc chance? Is there any interaction between stats (recovery) and the proc chance?

Does it have an internal cooldown?

How does it interact with powers like Roar or Come and Get It that don't involve you hitting something with a giant sword or that may or may not directly inflict damage? How about movement powers like Mighty Leap and Punishing Charge? What about DoTs like Deep Gash or Plague Fire?

How does it interact with dailies?

Is there anything else I should know about it?

I know that's a lot of questions and some of them probably seem dumb but I just want to make sure that I cover all the bases. Thank you for your time.
Post edited by mellinth on

Comments

• chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You'll see these ghostly figures that suddenly appear and do a little extra damage, which has often made the difference for me. Awesome for mobs of adds, especially using WS. It interacts with everything. For example, when I use Crescendo, sometimes I'll see the extra attack happen. Chance on that part, but it's there. A must for PvE.
  • terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It can proc on anything, it does same amount of damage regardless of what power is being used (appears to be weapon damage, somebody can correct me on that), all in all it's an amazing passive, especially for aoe since it hits harder than your WMS/WS.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    From my test .. it has a chance to execute an extra attack. This extra attack is calculated based on how many mobs your skill hits. So the more mobs you hit the more chance that an extra attack is executed. Unfortunately the rank increases the damage not the chance of executing the extra hit. I think it's something like 1 extra hit every 5 or 6 hits. From my combat logs the extra hit shows as 1056 damage which seems to be the base weapon damage.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah it's basically just something like 15% on hit to proc an attack that does a flat amount of dmg (with the little animation to go with it), and the more enemies you hit with a single attack (like an aoe) the higher the chance is for every hit target, and it sounds like the dmg goes up with each enemy hit but I'm not sure.

Basically it's a nice dmg proc that grows exponentially with aoe, so it's an aoe focused dmg buff. Very nice actually, procs a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton when you're cleaving 5 + mobs down.
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    From my test .. it has a chance to execute an extra attack. This extra attack is calculated based on how many mobs your skill hits. So the more mobs you hit the more chance that an extra attack is executed. Unfortunately the rank increases the damage not the chance of executing the extra hit. I think it's something like 1 extra hit every 5 or 6 hits. From my combat logs the extra hit shows as 1056 damage which seems to be the base weapon damage.

So this means that the chance to proc Steel Blitz is capped at five targets since that's the maximum number of targets you can hit.

I'm willing to bet you the chance is something like 2/4/6/8/10 based on targets struck.

I'll take 10% extra crit and 12% increased damage over Steel Blitz on a destroyer, but I imagine for an Instigator it's pretty darn powerful. I'd be hard pressed to choose between Destroyer or Steel Blitz, you'd need to parse that out to know for sure. Even tougher to decide if Destroyer works with Steel Blitz. I doubt it, but you never know.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
    edited June 2013
    terhix wrote: »
    It can proc on anything, it does same amount of damage regardless of what power is being used (appears to be weapon damage, somebody can correct me on that), all in all it's an amazing passive, especially for aoe since it hits harder than your WMS/WS.

Damage is random, but it does stay within the same range. I think I usually see mine around 893 at the moment, which is nice.
  • mellinthmellinth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I guess it was too much to hope for a 100k+ IDBS? Oh well ;)

Thanks for the info, guys.
    edited June 2013
    mellinth wrote: »
    I guess it was too much to hope for a 100k+ IDBS? Oh well ;)

Thanks for the info, guys.

Ha, yeah...