test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to make a CS ticket that will get a response.

bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok I've seen enough posts on this forum about not getting a response from CS that I feel I need to remake an old list I made whilst Cryptic was under Atari's rules. How to make a CS request correctly with a list of Do's and Don'ts

1. DO!
    1. Be polite at all times and write the ticket as you would a letter to the company - Rude and unreadable tickets (i.e. using a lot of txtspk) will usually be closed instantly.
    2. State your issue clearly. - If they don't know what your issue is because you're vague over it then they might not be able to help you.
    3. Make sure your ticket is in the correct category - This is one of the larger causes of delays, if not in the correct category you could be waiting for someone to read your ticket only for it to actually go through the system again to the correct person.
    4. Be paitent, as mentioned in several other threads the normal waiting times of 3-5 working days are currently doubled due to the number of tickets being submitted.
  2. DON'T!
    1. Demand a certain response - They have specific responses to different situations, demanding a certain response won't help you at all.
    2. Be rude - This goes as the first mention in the DO! list does, at the end of the day would you want to help someone who's sending requests littered with bad language?
    3. Make any form of threat - Seriousy don't, these won't recieve responses, as most of them will be sent off to various departments to prepare for your threatened actions or even consulting the police or the company lawyers to see if action might be necessary.
    4. Continually send tickets - Unless they send out a mass email that they've automatically closed all tickets again submitting a new ticket does nothing to get the issue seen to quicker and might actually slow down other people's tickets.
    5. Be an idiot - Most of what I've covered above is this, but use your head and make sure you're calm whilst submitting your tickets as what seems to be a good idea whilst upset or angry can be the absolute wrong thing to do.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thequeueballthequeueball Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. DO!
      1. Make sure you've purchased a founder pack - people that have spent nothing on the game typically do not receive timely responses.
  • tojoptojop Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've purchased a founder's pack and have not yet received a response to a ticket I submitted last Thursday. So.....you were saying?
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What might be helpful is if people that have had satisfactory responses to their tickets could pipe up about it.

At the moment all we ever hear is people not getting a response at all, just getting the auto response about closing the ticket, or on odd occasions an apology and sorry we can't help you or go research it on the forum for yourself.

This tends to give the impression that customer service is virtually non-existent which surely cannot be the case.
  • thequeueballthequeueball Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tojop wrote: »
    I've purchased a founder's pack and have not yet received a response to a ticket I submitted last Thursday. So.....you were saying?

People that have purchased a founder's pack have a specific forum title. Where's your badge?
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've not recieved one response, besides them telling me they are deleting my ticket so it doesn't get lost. Lost items from mail, ad from ah, etc., and nothing. Last one was 16 days, so I deleted it myself. It was only about 75 rank 3 and 4 enchants.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That doesn't work OP. Not for this company anyway.

Here is what happens with MOST CS tickets in most games. BOT usage. First and foremost bots (software) presort by keyword/phrase, non category sorts go to the back of the sequencing. Next the piles are sorted by date by a human, these are again sorted into catagories and likeliness of occurrence, such as a game mechanic or client failure.

Next the emails are sorted by gaming category, UI, character, items, etc, etc. These are then present for review and further culling by staff before the developers are notified a problem exists, this could included contacting a player or simply watching them play to verify something or checking to see if the problem indeed does still exist.

During this process tickets exceeding a certain timeframe will be auto closed and a message sent to the player, this is done automatically.

Working at RTI my team submitted 700 Q/A and actionable reports a week, the developers hated us as they referred to us as the perfectionists, military zero tolerance contracts being what they were. Developers would kick back our tickets and we would walk right up to them at their desk and resubmit on the spot, most times calling them an unfavorable name or two in the process, trust me they deserved it.

Anyway, this company has shown they are not prepared for the amount of tickets and are not taking the request for more help seriously, despite their post to the contrary describing what they are doing in customer service. CS persons will cut deeply into their profit margin and cryptic simply will not hire enough people to do what is needed. They want profit, not anting to lose what little they have on dozens of peoples salaries, and trust me they need at least 50 people that know the game, know the current bugs/exploits, know the need for consumer contact, sadly I just do not see this being implemented.

With 5 tickets of my own, 2 being recycled and 3 approaching the 6 week mark these people have bigger problems than they are letting on.

Take a look at the "Viewing forum" For 5 weeks it was around 3-4 thousand folks, now during a patch or down time they can barley hit 900 people with 180 being the average now. This is very telling of a problem that cryptic is not addressing.
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.