test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auction House bid bug

rillelrillel Member Posts: 31
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This has happened several times for me now and it's seriously frustrating because it makes bidding absolutely impossible.

Due to the nature of bidding it usually comes down to the last seconds but for me, every time the remaining time gets below 1 minute the bid button is greyed out. I can bid just fine before that, but when it really counts I can't do anything but watch in frustration as the clock ticks down and I lose the item.

Am I missing some AH mechanic here or something? Because this is pissing me off.
Post edited by rillel on

Comments

• demonoidzardemonoidzar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I lost 8 items in the same day because of this. It will not allow me to bid in the final minute. I have been high bid on an item into the last minute and then I get mail saying I have been outbid. Can anyone bid in the last minute ? Is this an issue that needs to be corrected or is this the way the auction works.
  • arshmetal47arshmetal47 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Belive me, that isn't the worse. Ever happened to you to be outbid after the auction is over?

Happened to me. Twice
    8.jpg
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rillel wrote: »
    This has happened several times for me now and it's seriously frustrating because it makes bidding absolutely impossible.

Due to the nature of bidding it usually comes down to the last seconds but for me, every time the remaining time gets below 1 minute the bid button is greyed out. I can bid just fine before that, but when it really counts I can't do anything but watch in frustration as the clock ticks down and I lose the item.

Am I missing some AH mechanic here or something? Because this is pissing me off.

Are you using the Gateway or in-game? Because I've noticed that the Gateway is off by the difference between your system clock and the server's clock...
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • admanteadmante Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm fairly sure the system prevents sniping from being effective by adding additional time to sniped lots. Not that helps with your issue, just saying.

That feature was disabled a few patches ago. Now it's just staring at the time left until 1 second before you bid.
  • rillelrillel Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    Belive me, that isn't the worse. Ever happened to you to be outbid after the auction is over?

Happened to me. Twice

Oh yes... *watching it tick down to 0* "Woho, I actually won something for once!" *checks mail, "you have been outbid"*
    /sadface
  • verdalverdal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Only people that bought the founder's pack can bid within the last minute. Pay to win bro.
  • midoritlmidoritl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    verdal wrote: »
    Only people that bought the founder's pack can bid within the last minute. Pay to win bro.

Where did you see this announced? I've never heard of that as a benefit of the founder's packs.
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Humm, false. I got the HotN pack and I too am unable to bid once it's less than 1 minutes left. Stop disseminating lies.
  • phinsphanphinsphan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013

Lies and misinformation.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    phinsphan wrote: »
    Lies and misinformation.

D:<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhYg5KBfukU
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im having an oppsoite problem. On one character the maximum slots to put up items for bid is 4 while another character can have like 17 items up for bid as a maximum.

Anyone know whats up with that?
  • jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Yes lets get an answer to this!
  • spookystarspookystar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Could be worse, I bid 230k on an item and watched the counter tick down to zero. Two weeks later and I have still not received my item, a refund of my bid, or even a response to the ticket...
  • jezgafysjezgafys Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013

"Working as intended", I get the same but always just though thats how it is.
This discussion has been closed.