test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Second special

zellrainbowzellrainbow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Library
On the fourth tier on our spell tab (at 20p) we have a second Special that would unlock iff all previous skills were maxed on rank 3 (or so it says).

I have done this and it did not unlock... now i'm left with a crapload of useless points... is it bugged or was I just dumb?
Post edited by zellrainbow on

Comments

• Options
    demattodematto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Prior to level 20, you can only put 2 points in things.
    What that thing does is make it so you can put 3 points in things.

Yeah. You may have accidentally wasted some points.
  • Options
    zellrainbowzellrainbow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that's not what i mean at all. My main is a CW, and I have an extra encounter spell available on Tab at 20p. Right bellow to it, on the next tier you have:
    dRJ90P5.png

So why hasn't it unlocked? (take note that image is example only, my tree all first tiers are full)
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is not a power or skill its just a fyi message that tells you that you are allowed to put a third rank into things after level 20. It never opens stuff in the special frames with the gem are not openables they are just guess what you can do this at this level announcments.

They really should reword that so that it sounds less like a power.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So sorry to tell you that you read it incorrectly. It is worded poorly.

My condolences. Fortunately, getting to 20 is pretty quick.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is confusing, especially since some classes have an actual class feature that unlocks there. Putting an icon that looks like a power icon was a bad design decision in my view. It makes you think that if you have all rank 3 previous, it unlocks. If it didn't have the power icon, it would probably be clearer that it was just telling you that you can now put more than two ranks in there.
  • Options
    stormysgstormysg Member Posts: 93
    edited May 2013
    It just means that after you spend 20 points in powers, you can now upgrade all the powers to rank 3 (if you have enough power points to do so.)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That is such BS!!!! I wasted an imensitude of points... GMs won't answer this...
  • Options
    demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Read it correctly: Unlock rank 3 of all previous powers.

Says nothing about unlocking an ability
    Says nothing about a special

Why should gm's refund your points because you can't read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Read it correctly: Unlock rank 3 of all previous powers.

Says nothing about unlocking an ability
    Says nothing about a special

Why should gm's refund your points because you can't read.
    Because you can read i congratulate you child, but to interpret is a different matter, and what is written can be interpreted as it would unlock an ability of sorts having all previous powers maxed. Have a nice day.
  • Options
    ramiauramiau Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It happens to me aswell, and doesnt have to do with having previous ranks to level 3 or the misleading lvl20 tooltip ... Look at the screenshot of my power distribution

power1t.jpg

As you can see on the first picture I have already unlocked it and raised some powers to rank 3, but doesnt allows me to raise powers to 3 on the last tier I am in, evocation, though reading the tooltip it should allow it

It says once you have spent enough points you will be able to spend points on any power to raise it to rank 3

power2w.jpg

I found this thread on the same issue here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?234172-Cant-Upgrade-to-Rank-3-in-Evocation
  • Options
    lemandallemandal Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    At 20 you become able to upgrade your PREVIOUS powers (pre-20 points) to rank 3.
    Only later (I don't remember when exactly) will you be able to unlock rank 3 of the power you just learned (eg evocation).
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lemandal wrote: »
    At 20 you become able to upgrade your PREVIOUS powers (pre-20 points) to rank 3.
    Only later (I don't remember when exactly) will you be able to unlock rank 3 of the power you just learned (eg evocation).
    Evocation is actually the only power that behaves like that, every other power can be upgraded to Rank 3 once you spend 20 points, even the other powers you unlock at 20 points. Evocation is the only power that wants 30 points spent to unlock Rank 3 out of all the powers I've tried across all 5 classes.
  • Options
    lemandallemandal Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    Then allow me to apologize. It seems like a very thorough testing !
  • Options
    ramiauramiau Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's what I thougt, ty for clarification guys :)