test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Something to think about

nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
If no one bought anything, this game would not exist because there would be no money for the creators to make. You guys should be thankful that it's "F2P" because then you have an opportunity to actually play for free if you wish.
Post edited by nectarprime on

Comments

• allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    And?...

/10 char
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    215680269624146581uTjyN1gyc.jpg
  • kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I find it more ironic that there are f2p player who don't spend a dime and other players are driven the game and buying cash shop = paying for their game, and yet all they do is complains and whine on the forums. This doesn't go to everybody, but if you are not supporting the game you shouldn't voice your opinions because it's a free to play game.

I'm sorry but if you are not supporting the game and don't like it, why you keep posting how awful the game is, just move on already. I just have to get this out there because I'm tired of seeing it.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't really agree with that. I do support the game and have spent more than I should have in its current state. However, someone who is F2P either for financial reasons or because they don't feel the game is at a development stage where it should even BE charging for anything, should be able to voice their opinions. Why not? How is their opinion less valid?
    edited June 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    I don't really agree with that. I do support the game and have spent more than I should have in its current state. However, someone who is F2P either for financial reasons or because they don't feel the game is at a development stage where it should even BE charging for anything, should be able to voice their opinions. Why not? How is their opinion less valid?

Their opinions don't matter because if they don't put any money into the game then they are not supporting it. It's just like those Donation and Kick starter, if you want the game to improve and be better you give something out and voice your opinions based on that. What get me is the complainers who want everything and have must have it their ways when they have no plan to put out any money to support the company. Development and game cost tons of money. I always find myself buying a few bag or mount in any f2p game that I play long and enjoy it a bit. I know it's not much, but I feel f2p are more of a gamble and don't want to feel too attach to it. I'm only saying to the leecher though, people who care about the game but in a financial issue that can't support it however is different.
  • goneclearlygoneclearly Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kasuhari wrote: »
    assorted drivel... but if you are not supporting the game you shouldn't voice your opinions because it's a free to play game.

So you really believe that someone should be allowed no voice or no opinion simply because they haven't dumped real money into a supposedly F2P game? All of a sudden, anything you might have said that could have made sense was just negated with this. Paying doesn't mean your opinion is the only one that matters, it only means either you are incredibly impatient, have excess money to burn on items that do not exist or affect you in real life, or just like to feel better than the next guy because you have a wallet.

Number of players in a game is just as important, if not more, as who is paying. People bring in friends and develop a community. Just because one guy doesn't pay, the three others he pulls in with him might. That's why even the non-payers are as important as people who don't care what they spend real money on.
    I'm sorry but if you are not supporting the game and don't like it, why you keep posting how awful the game is, just move on already. I just have to get this out there because I'm tired of seeing it.

This I agree with.
  • ashensnowashensnow Member Posts: 2,215 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Remember that someone who has not paid yet is someone that the company hopes will. Everyone who plays the game is a potential customer. Telling potential customers to keep their mouths shut is not a sound decision.

Imagine that you were in a department store looking at t-shirts. While there you notice that the ceiling is leaking onto the shirts. You have not bought anything yet (and may not), but the store would likely benefit from you pointing out the problem.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe the posts from people that haven't spent any money on the game (yet) are some ideas for how Neverwinter could start to see some of their dollars.

It's a 'free' game. The forums are open to everyone.
    I don't care whether someone has spent $0 or $1000, if they have something useful to say here, then I want them to say it.

It's all part of building community and helping make the game better for everyone, right?

I'll bet that you never ask the people that you get thrown into a skirmish with how much they have spent. When you are looking for a group, or looking for someone to add to your own, I'd wager that how much money someone else spent never factors in to whether or not you send or accept an invitation.

I encourage people to spend some money. Hasn't got to be a lot, but hey, if you enjoy the game, spend a little money now and then if you can.
    But I am not going to act like those that haven't spent any (or "enough" money, and goodness knows that 'enough' would vary wildly depending upon whom you asked to set a number) should just shut up and accept things as they are.
  • drpallisadedrpallisade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    Fact is most peopple "want" to be better than everyone else and "must" have shinies which cost money from the shop or to buy Astrals with Zen.....If said player doesn't get it he whines and cries and blames everyone else but his lack of wallet opening power.

Its free to download, load and play.

YOU make the decision to dish out money into it - nobody else, if you don't want to or don't like the game well i think you should get your coats cause your not getting that for free buddy !!
    Castle Dunsmere
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited June 2013
    If no one bought anything, this game would not exist because there would be no money for the creators to make. You guys should be thankful that it's "F2P" because then you have an opportunity to actually play for free if you wish.

I'm pretty sure PWE could support the game with the money they make from all their other games.
  • kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    tbh monthly fee MMOs are so much better as the F2P cash grab "MMOs", which are born dead and never last more than a few months on purpose of the developers.
    edited June 2013
    koldmiser wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure PWE could support the game with the money they make from all their other games.

That is crazy thinking. No Company would want to open a game that doesn't make any money or loosing money, and have to use their other game that make money to put money into one that doesn't make money. It's like they are paying for the game they making which doesn't make any sense does it? If you are opening a Salon shop and have good business, then you open a Coffee Shop, but it's not making you any money and you are actually loosing money, would you take money out from your Salon shop and put it in the Coffee Shop? Of course not, no Company would open something very long if they are not making any money or loosing money. I'm sure if everyone is like this and think it really f2p then you are out of your mind.

And yeah I think p2p is better, even everyone think f2p is the future. It just make the game more balance, everyone start out equally and none of that pay to win. Already p2p seam to always update faster and always have been more of a premium game then f2p one.
  • kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Jeez..offer both like Sony. F2P or premium sub.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited June 2013
    That is crazy thinking. No Company would want to open a game that doesn't make any money or loosing money, and have to use their other game that make money to put money into one that doesn't make money. It's like they are paying for the game they making which doesn't make any sense does it? If you are opening a Salon shop and have good business, then you open a Coffee Shop, but it's not making you any money and you are actually loosing money, would you take money out from your Salon shop and put it in the Coffee Shop? Of course not, no Company would open something very long if they are not making any money or loosing money. I'm sure if everyone is like this and think it really f2p then you are out of your mind.

And yeah I think p2p is better, even everyone think f2p is the future. It just make the game more balance, everyone start out equally and none of that pay to win. Already p2p seam to always update faster and always have been more of a premium game then f2p one.

Makes perfect sense...They have a huge catalog of games people pay for. You make a F2P game that brings in players who enjoy the game and then decide to try/buy your other games.
    Businesses do it all the time. Offer something free to get you to try their other offerings or "upgrade".
    PWE is one business with several products. So your comparison of owning two diff businesses doesn't really apply.
    edited June 2013
    Makes perfect sense...They have a huge catalog of games people pay for. You make a F2P game that brings in players who enjoy the game and then decide to try/buy your other games.
    Businesses do it all the time. Offer something free to get you to try their other offerings or "upgrade".
    PWE is one business with several products. So your comparison of owning two diff businesses doesn't really apply.

Just because they own more then one products doesn't mean they should just kept the one that is not making them profits. Every Company want to make profits. A lot of F2P game have been shut down before, even Company that own multiple games. It's just wise business practice and to do so when it's no longer making them money.

I'm more willingly to bet 100% that if Neverwinter Online is loosing money, it is more likely it will be shut down. Do you know how much it cost and to keep developing a game? We talking millions here. It is just not worth it to advertise their Company about other few games they have.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This doesn't go to everybody, but if you are not supporting the game you shouldn't voice your opinions because it's a free to play game.

There's no monetary requirement for voicing one's opinion, and no one opinion is worth more than anyone else's. People who play this a F2P game (which it is advertised as), are still capable of loving the game and wanted it to be the best it can be. This idea that you can't like a game without criticizing it is silly, and this idea that you can't criticize without paying is ridiculous.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    215680269624146581uTjyN1gyc.jpg

Everything other than this response is WRONG. Ya'll need to learn how to spot the obvious:

5055032357_69d1d1be72_z.jpg
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First HotN in the thread. :cool:
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Might be why they're making this: http://www.perfectworld.com/arc

It's not ready for NW players yet, but it looks like it will thin out the barrier between games.

Speaking from personal experience, I have friends who play one, two, or all of Cryptic's games, using global channels that allow cross-game chat (something some of you might not realize you can do across Cryptic's games). But that might be a problem for PWE. To many Cryptic fans it's almost like Cryptic's games are all there is, but the publisher has this huge stable of games.

Not saying anything bad or good about Arc until I see it with my own eyes, but I can see it from their perspective.
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

So you expect this game, which is run by a business whose sole intent is to make a profit, to be free just because PWE are nice guys?
  • rologtonrologton Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I always think people saying that players who haven't payed into the game shouldn't have a say at all.

Especially a game that's in OPEN ****ING BETA. You know that means that the developers are asking people to find fault with the game, voice their opinion, and perhaps make the game better right? Just checking, because it sounds like you think it means that they're asking people to put money into the game before they ***** about any issues they see.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited June 2013
    If you're not paying, you're not the customer; you're the product.
  • xelqyplaxelqypla Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People can either voice their displeasure here or on the many, many other video game forums around the internet. It's not like Free player opinions cease to exist if they don't post on this forum.
    edited June 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    If you're not paying, you're not the customer; you're the product.

Which I'm not sure how I feel about. On one hand, yay, we have an unending supply of "team filler", and they make the zones look busy and so on; but on the other hand, they are messier, louder, more exhausting and disruptive than a pack of drunken adolescent Orcs. :confused:
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Their opinions don't matter because if they don't put any money into the game then they are not supporting it. It's just like those Donation and Kick starter, if you want the game to improve and be better you give something out and voice your opinions based on that. What get me is the complainers who want everything and have must have it their ways when they have no plan to put out any money to support the company. Development and game cost tons of money. I always find myself buying a few bag or mount in any f2p game that I play long and enjoy it a bit. I know it's not much, but I feel f2p are more of a gamble and don't want to feel too attach to it. I'm only saying to the leecher though, people who care about the game but in a financial issue that can't support it however is different.

Actually thier opinions do matter. For the game is free2play to open to a wider audience. It is for this reason why it is free to play. So by saying thier opinions do not matter is a complete contradiction to the distribution that was made for this game. For they are a player base more or less. They play the game regardless. They are no different than anyone else, and there is no justification to take anyones opinion over another just because one shelved out cash and the other didnt.