test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Potion of Greater Healing

ezriah33ezriah33 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
My potions of greater healing take up three inventory slots because they don't stack with each other. They're exactly the same potion. In a game that has such limited inventory (without paying actual money for more), this feels like a scam. It cheapens the experience, which is too bad because it's such a good game. It's either bad coding or farmvillesque tactics, either of which should be addressed.

I don't mind paying money for the game. I've already spent $15 and plan on spending more (I try to limit myself to what a sub would cost per month), but I don't like feeling like I'm being forced to pay money because of sleazy tactics.
Post edited by ezriah33 on

Comments

• Options
    doomkookiesdoomkookies Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is also the case with various Portable Altars you gain throughout leveling, I've noticed.

I don't remember this being the case for any potions, though, but it's possible I simply used them before noticing.
  • Options
    xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the point of this is bound char, bound account, and not bound at all. They don't stack with eachother. use up the bound ones and then all you have is the normal type that you get a lot. it applies to any item that has multiple ways to earn it.

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xen1912 wrote: »
    the point of this is bound char, bound account, and not bound at all. They don't stack with eachother. use up the bound ones and then all you have is the normal type that you get a lot. it applies to any item that has multiple ways to earn it.

That's what I've encountered, too. What's the point of 'bound to account' stuff though? You can't email it to your alts, so how to you transfer it?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really don't know. the forum has agreed it is a useless bind as it is basically the same as bound to character.

• Options
    ezriah33ezriah33 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xen1912 wrote: »

Thanks for the explanation. I realized that the character bound ones were different because there is an indication on it that it's account bound. I didn't realize that another stack was account bound since there is no indication that they are. I still don't agree that it's the best way to go about things.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    That's what I've encountered, too. What's the point of 'bound to account' stuff though? You can't email it to your alts, so how to you transfer it?

Well Bio, how do you transfer account bound stuff in CO? You cant use the mail there either. You have to use your shared bank. Something NW does not have.

Its a big of a silly, even ridiculous, oversight to have account bound items and no means in game to trade them.