test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

map markers disappear

ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I've noticed that some of the zone maps no longer show any map markers. I suspect this is because I finished the main story quests (I have the "X:map" achievement)and am therefore considered "done" with the area. Or it could mean I have leveled beyond anything in the zone. Can anyone confirm/explain the situation here?
Post edited by ixotl on

Comments

• xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If by map marks you mean all those green X's then no they don't disappear.... as far as im aware. cant figure out what else you mean. leveling beyond the zone should only effect the appearance of new quests you never did.

• mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I had the same problem in a few zones. I found a full exit and relog restored all my map details.

Yes he does mean the X's, Camp fire icons, Quest Markers and so on.
  • ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mhblis1 wrote: »
    I had the same problem in a few zones. I found a full exit and relog restored all my map details.

You may have something there. I tried this as well and the map markers were back. I also found it appears to happen only when I switch to another character without a full client Exit. The Character I switch to doesn't see markers, but the initial character has no trouble, even when I switch back to it.