test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Lazy Cleric (Wehht's PvE Build)

lwetlwet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
The Lazy Cleric build works by getting as much Constitution as possible, and gearing full HP/Defense/Deflect while speccing into Faithful.

Lazy Clerics don't have to kite mobs so much. Standing still and tanking mobs lets us gain Divinity much easier, being able to spam both Astral Shield and Forgemaster's Flame with Divinity.

While the LC doesn't heal as much for lack of Crit, survivability becomes increasingly important because Astral Shields get completely filled with red AoE, and there are more chances of getting one-shot by adds. Chain knockdowns are still a problem, and some kiting is always necessary.

Admittedly, running two Clerics in dungeons makes this build less useful.
Post edited by lwet on

Comments

• eggsneggsn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    I don't know if it's called being "lazy" but sometimes my hand just hurts from typing at work all day and playing all night... I just stand there and take hits LOL!
  • krisstina2333krisstina2333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This idea aren't gonna work. Unless you have an extremely long HP bar, as a BOSS would have.
    Because of the DR, u won't have enough damage reduction, and your HP will depleted eventually. Even you max the defence with possible ultimate gear, you just don't.
  • lwetlwet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My HP bar is huge.
    I have +20% HP from 20 Constitution, and HP enchants for defense slots in gear.
    HP doesn't have diminishing returns.
  • yuinojiyuinoji Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lewl ~

guardian would be better than us(cleric) for tanking . .
    we wont tank boss as much as the pure tanker, even we got high def and HP
    its better to go with DPS+Support or Pure Support
  • chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    yuinoji wrote: »
    Lewl ~

guardian would be better than us(cleric) for tanking . .
    we wont tank boss as much as the pure tanker, even we got high def and HP
    its better to go with DPS+Support or Pure Support

Just wondering if you've actually played this game?

My cleric gears for Recovery > Defense. With a metric asston of adds chasing you, then you really need to focus on your mitigation. The -40% debuff for sure does not help. Of course I tend to solo heal, hence why I gear this way. Double DC you can run around naked and not sweat it.

Just to let you know, My guardian with 12.5K GS runs 46% mitigation, My cleric runs 38% mitigation. Not that far behind, of course my guardian has more deflection ... but thier mitigation levels are not *that* far appart.
  • lwetlwet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did I mention this build scales with T2 Miracle Healer set bonus? Stacking HP is beastly.