test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Jagged Dancing Blade

firefly113firefly113 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
edited February 2014 in PvE Discussion
Could you please, please, please fix this companion before releasing another zen companion?

Please?

It's the only rare companion available that's actually not too difficult to get. Thus, it's the only striker companion that's not too difficult to get, and can actually be useful for end game due to its max rank.

It doesn't do anything useful. You start a fight, and it sits there. It does absolutely nothing. You have to actually maneuver an enemy into its range to have it attack something. Is that intentional?

Why release a zen companion when there's broken ones in the game?

Or are we going to have a repeat of CO? That'd be very disappointing. I used to love CO. Don't tell me Neverwinter is going to be another tragedy in my book of Cryptic MMOs.

City of Heroes was the only one I ever actually stuck to and loved to the end, and it wasn't even managed by Cryptic for well over half of its existence.
Post edited by firefly113 on

Comments

• Options
    nismunismu Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    with some testing i feel like dancing blade believes it is ranged and doesn't relocate itself right when enemies move. It usually starts attack when enemies get close enough but otherwise it just floats in air in combat.
  • Options
    firefly113firefly113 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited May 2013
    nismu wrote: »
    with some testing i feel like dancing blade believes it is ranged and doesn't relocate itself right when enemies move. It usually starts attack when enemies get close enough but otherwise it just floats in air in combat.

This is certainly a very good possibility. I never thought of this. Hopefully it'd be something easy to fix.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And there I was thinking mine is just extremely cowardly for a floating knife.
  • Options
    shgthshgth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still the problem persists.. :( Mine just sits there and avoids most of the confrontations staying alive but being useless.
    - Shagath, VoTF
    Previous guilds: Double Deviants, Orum, Sandwitches, Dragon Order of Arcanix and many many more.
    Hope I find some old friends!
  • Options
    blightedbishopblightedbishop Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shgth wrote: »
    Still the problem persists.. :( Mine just sits there and avoids most of the confrontations staying alive but being useless.

Well, ****, at least yours lives. Mine just stares daggers at the enemy until it can find some AoE to get killed by.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wererat isn't too hard to get for Drake Seals. Just takes quite a few dungeon runs to get 200.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Not to mention the appearance of the retched thing.

I asked some guildies to check out my new companion... and they could not find it. Whatever happned to a scimitar that actually looks imposing. This "dancing" blade looks more like it will stab at your feet, then lop of your head.
  • Options
    somniaremortemsomniaremortem Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    firefly113 wrote: »
    Could you please, please, please fix this companion before releasing another zen companion?

Please?

It's the only rare companion available that's actually not too difficult to get. Thus, it's the only striker companion that's not too difficult to get, and can actually be useful for end game due to its max rank.

It doesn't do anything useful. You start a fight, and it sits there. It does absolutely nothing. You have to actually maneuver an enemy into its range to have it attack something. Is that intentional?

Why release a zen companion when there's broken ones in the game?

Or are we going to have a repeat of CO? That'd be very disappointing. I used to love CO. Don't tell me Neverwinter is going to be another tragedy in my book of Cryptic MMOs.

City of Heroes was the only one I ever actually stuck to and loved to the end, and it wasn't even managed by Cryptic for well over half of its existence.

This please.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    Dancing shield is also bugged with this (and cost me a lot more).

Ghost companion had the same bug in closed beta.
  • Options
    domushdomush Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bump. This is ridiculous. Why include content which is totally broken? it isn't a little bugged, it does nothing and isn't even visible!

I had to put "always" show health in order to even see the **** thing!

Until it is fixed, rename it the Paralyzed Pocketknife of Wasted Astral Diamonds.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    domush wrote: »
    Bump. This is ridiculous. Why include content which is totally broken? it isn't a little bugged, it does nothing and isn't even visible!

I had to put "always" show health in order to even see the **** thing!

Until it is fixed, rename it the Paralyzed Pocketknife of Wasted Astral Diamonds.

Wow that sucks, I just bought mine with Glory. I keep it in my companion list to remind me that the only pets worth **** are augments.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    sforcessforces Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My only complaint with it is you can barely see it. When I first started this game I saw the panther companion and I was like "HOLY **** that thing is pretty big and terrifying" then I got the dog and I was like eh...well it is pretty cheap so maybe its just a puny tutorial companion. Then I got the dagger and I was like "alright I paid 15k glory for this thing, more than the armour! so this is gonna be beastly!" I load it up and I'm like...where is it? Relogged, just in case it bugged and I saw it...as I squinted.

I do not like companions and don't use them. They are weak and pathetic in my opinion. Wont find me ever spending zen an any of them. Now if you were to upgrade the dagger to 3 feet tall so you could see it without being zoomed in, it would redeem itself. Same with all companions. If you were to release a companion that's as tall as the player, with 25% - 50% of the players stats and make it look absolutely terrifying to anyone against it...I guarantee you people would pay $50 plus for it...however in mmos I find...they usually just slap on cheap skins and make money lol
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sforces wrote: »
    My only complaint with it is you can barely see it. When I first started this game I saw the panther companion and I was like "HOLY **** that thing is pretty big and terrifying" then I got the dog and I was like eh...well it is pretty cheap so maybe its just a puny tutorial companion. Then I got the dagger and I was like "alright I paid 15k glory for this thing, more than the armour! so this is gonna be beastly!" I load it up and I'm like...where is it? Relogged, just in case it bugged and I saw it...as I squinted.

I do not like companions and don't use them. They are weak and pathetic in my opinion. Wont find me ever spending zen an any of them. Now if you were to upgrade the dagger to 3 feet tall so you could see it without being zoomed in, it would redeem itself. Same with all companions. If you were to release a companion that's as tall as the player, with 25% - 50% of the players stats and make it look absolutely terrifying to anyone against it...I guarantee you people would pay $50 plus for it...however in mmos I find...they usually just slap on cheap skins and make money lol

Lightning skin but no particle effects. Wooo.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Lightning skin but no particle effects. Wooo.

When I got it I expected it to be a dancing sword, not a dagger which could hardly be seen. I had hoped it would be more noticeable at high levels but not at all, really. The saving grace after I first got it was that it said "lightning" and "storm" blades which made me believe it would have flashy particle effects. Again, no. :(

I'm fine with companions being a silly buff that die early on for the most part as long as they look improsing. The panther looks imposing and the dire wolf is actually quite useful due to the knockdown effects. They don't last long against bosses but, eh, better than nothing.
    However the dancing blade is not imposing or overly helpful in any way. The AI has been improved and it is doing more damage but it fails to bring a good use to basically any situation and it's HP can barely survive one blow from a big guy.

Looking back I would still purchase it again because that's just the way I am. I enjoy getting companions just to level them up and at that point I'll have them in case something ever happens which makes them a lot more viable but of all of the companions I do agree the jagged dancing blade was the biggest let down to me.
  • Options
    mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Actually the Man-at-Arms does very similar things when used on a ranged character. If you don't physically let run through the mobs he will often stand where he was when combat was initiated.
  • Options
    s1ssys1ssy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bumping old thread.

Thinking about getting one, has this been fixed/adressed yet?
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still sits there, waiting for foes to be dragged in top of it.
  • Options
    cartythecatapultcartythecatapult Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Maybe try fixing this ? Or remove it so we dont waste 3 days of playing for nothing.
    Ty I quit your game now, I bet Im not the only one that got frustrated.
  • Options
    warangel2warangel2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is this bug fixed? I saw a video of the same bug : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ0n6zLsGWY
    I wanna buy this sword but if it's still not fixed I will not buy it :/