test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zen purchased during Beta will be available after final release?

kultyzkultyz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Topic says most what i ask,

will the zen that we purchase now to explore Beta, even if spent during Beta, will it still be available during release? or are we spending real money just for Beta?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Neverwinter books
Post edited by kultyz on

Comments

• Options
    rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    This Open Beta Final Release Mode ATM.. so sure, it will be there if you don't spend it.
  • Options
    rb1641rb1641 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is no wipe. So thus Open beta is release. As such the zen you use now is gone, what you bought with it is yours and you wont lose it.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well but if i spend, them comes reset on release right? so if i buy Zen to get an item, that item will be gone when reset for release comes? is that it?
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kultyz wrote: »
    Well but if i spend, them comes reset on release right? so if i buy Zen to get an item, that item will be gone when reset for release comes? is that it?

There is no reset.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    There is no reset.

Even if there was, PWI has detailed records and can put the zen back or items you purchased back onto your account as well.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Topic says most what i ask,

will the zen that we purchase now to explore Beta, even if spent during Beta, will it still be available during release? or are we spending real money just for Beta?

This a joke? There is no difference between open beta and "release"
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    This a joke? There is no difference between open beta and "release"

Then you live in a different world mate, Beta is a testing period where everything is subject to change without the need of any information alerting to the changes. A Release is when game is officially released to the public as a final and ready project (not during development)
  • Options
    fifix92fifix92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Then you live in a different world mate, Beta is a testing period where everything is subject to change without the need of any information alerting to the changes. A Release is when game is officially released to the public as a final and ready project (not during development)

The denial is strong with this one.
    A beta is supposed to allow people to report bugs and play the game. But this beta allows real money transactions. Then, it's a soft release (because the mechanics are supposed good enough to drain your money).
    You're not forced to believe PWE / Cryptic when they say "Hey guys, it's Open Beta".
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    osiabunny wrote: »
    Even if there was, PWI has detailed records and can put the zen back or items you purchased back onto your account as well.

Wouldn't count on that too much.
    But no worries since there's no wipe.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Wouldn't count on that too much.
    But no worries since there's no wipe.

They were able to restore the Zen people had spent in the Closed Beta weekends early enough.

Anyway, currently there are no plans to wipe, in the very unlikely event that they change their minds and do wipe, all Zen will be returned.
  • Options
    akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What zen is spent is gone since there is no wipe.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
    Any unspent Zen will remain on your account after we officially launch out of Open Beta.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Welcome to the world of the f2p MMO industry. I've seen a number of project from various companies be "launched" with "Open Beta". With no further planned wipes and with the cash shop open for business. It's becoming reasonably standard for this genre of game. /shrug
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Welcome to the world of the f2p MMO industry. I've seen a number of project from various companies be "launched" with "Open Beta". With no further planned wipes and with the cash shop open for business. It's becoming reasonably standard for this genre of game. /shrug

The only reason Neverwinter is getting the attitudes it's been getting is because Cryptic is a former AAA MMO studio (you can't argue that CoX wasn't a AAA MMO) and the D&D branding.

If it was Generic Fantasy MMO 114532 by PWE then no one would care less if it was Open Beta with a cash shop or not.
  • Options
    bloodygatitabloodygatita Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    Any unspent Zen will remain on your account after we officially launch out of Open Beta.

This is indeed a joke.

The only difference between this "officially launch" and this "open beta" will be new changed banner ads with a website update.