test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My Dearest Wizard Friends....

fildotfildot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Library
You are not mages in wow, you are not just wizards, why, the very first word in the descriptor for your class is CONTROL this should have given you an idea of what role you signed up for during character creation.

You have the ability to slow mobs and freeze them in their tracks
You have the ability to send them flying off a billion feet in the air (even better off cliffs)
You have the ability to swirl them up in the air for what seems like infinity
You have the ability to gather them all up into a lovely mass of melee aoe goodness
You have the ability to lift them up and send them flying (again off cliffs)
In short you make a complete mess of the battlefield and we love it!

So WHY oh WHY?! in the name of Kelemvor do you just stand there and tunnel vision the big bad boss while you're cleric is skidding around his tiny blue circle with a train of 50 pissed off mobs beating him to a pulp while he chugs pots like they are going out of style? Just so you know clerics have this amazing passive called "Righteousness" which basically puts a 40% heal debuff on any healing effect cast by us....that's right in order to keep YOU alive we are getting almost HALF of the heals that the rest of the party is receiving. Oh yeah and we have NO self heals, none, zilch, nada, zero, they are all passive effects of heals bouncing off of others. so NO we can't just heal ourselves and move on.

Another point on that blue circle bit....I know melee range seems foreign to you and scary and that you're always told to stay out of the bad circles on the ground, there is one exception to that rule and that is Astral Shield it's big and blue and usually encircling the cluster of melee and your cleric. So is there a reason that you insist on being 80 billion feet away from the rest of the party when there is that lovely shiny blue circle on the ground to keep you (and everyone else) topped up? Come on in join the party! You take care of me and I'll take care of you....you see how that works? To summarize... Red circles = bad Blue circles = good

A good control wizard can be the difference between a group finishing a dungeon or not. A bad one is a guaranteed failure of said dungeon.

TL: DR L2P or reroll please
Post edited by fildot on

Comments

• w3est0fn0w3r3w3est0fn0w3r3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    CW protect your cleric, only reason you should target the boss is if you have time during BH to throw a RoE on him
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fildot wrote: »
    You are not mages in wow, you are not just wizards, why, the very first word in the descriptor for your class is CONTROL this should have given you an idea of what role you signed up for during character creation.

You have the ability to slow mobs and freeze them in their tracks
    You have the ability to send them flying off a billion feet in the air (even better off cliffs)
    You have the ability to swirl them up in the air for what seems like infinity
    You have the ability to gather them all up into a lovely mass of melee aoe goodness
    You have the ability to lift them up and send them flying (again off cliffs)
    In short you make a complete mess of the battlefield and we love it!

So WHY oh WHY?! in the name of Kelemvor do you just stand there and tunnel vision the big bad boss while you're cleric is skidding around his tiny blue circle with a train of 50 pissed off mobs beating him to a pulp while he chugs pots like they are going out of style? Just so you know clerics have this amazing passive called "Righteousness" which basically puts a 40% heal debuff on any healing effect cast by us....that's right in order to keep YOU alive we are getting almost HALF of the heals that the rest of the party is receiving. Oh yeah and we have NO self heals, none, zilch, nada, zero, they are all passive effects of heals bouncing off of others. so NO we can't just heal ourselves and move on.

Another point on that blue circle bit....I know melee range seems foreign to you and scary and that you're always told to stay out of the bad circles on the ground, there is one exception to that rule and that is Astral Shield it's big and blue and usually encircling the cluster of melee and your cleric. So is there a reason that you insist on being 80 billion feet away from the rest of the party when there is that lovely shiny blue circle on the ground to keep you (and everyone else) topped up? Come on in join the party! You take care of me and I'll take care of you....you see how that works? To summarize... Red circles = bad Blue circles = good

A good control wizard can be the difference between a group finishing a dungeon or not. A bad one is a guaranteed failure of said dungeon.

TL: DR L2P or reroll please

I run T2s daily, and even when we have a less than capable CW in the group, he/she is always on adds, unless specifically asked to do something else. Even if someone is inexperienced with the class, I don't know what is the big deal with politely asking the CW to be on adds, instead of ranting here as if it is an epidemic lol
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • fildotfildot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    I run T2s daily, and even when we have a less than capable CW in the group, he/she is always on adds, unless specifically asked to do something else. Even if someone is inexperienced with the class, I don't know what is the big deal with politely asking the CW to be on adds, instead of ranting here as if it is an epidemic lol

well you have a very different experience than I have had in many runs I'm not saying this happens every run but it does happen enough to warrant a post like this....
  • vornado71vornado71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 67
    edited June 2013
    I play both a CW and a DC. I know the blue circle = life and rarely leave it. In fact the Renegade feat increasing MM damage dictates I am close to my target for max DPS anyways. Icy Terrain, Shield, Steal Time...yep...all need to be close.

I could turn the argument around and rail in the DC forums...."Why oh why can't a DC place his AS blue circle in the proper spot!!".
  • honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Where'd I put that Troll-B-Gone?
  • theisingguytheisingguy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    I played a cleric to endgame, found out it is exactly this problem, everyone in the group (pug) always wants to be top of DPS table, most of the times I do not get any help with adds until I die and they get wiped, then they help me a bit but will drift back to the boss after clearing the first round of adds, which leaving me vulnerable again...

So, I am now playing a CW myself and I do actually protect every cleric I see from adds
  • theisingguytheisingguy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    I do chuck Astral in the midst of the battle, but when adds get to me, and no one is there to help, I can only protect myself... anyways dungeons is not a dps league, its different classes making up for each other's weakness,
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vornado71 wrote: »
    I could turn the argument around and rail in the DC forums...."Why oh why can't a DC place his AS blue circle in the proper spot!!".

If i'm forced to run around because the whole dungeon is after me due to your incompetence I will place AS wherever I am whenever it's off CD, even if it's a gazillon feet away from you. As long as this behaviour ensures my survival I won't care about yours mainly because you seem to not give a flying **** about mine.

Note: this is not directed to you (i don't know how well/badly you play and i don't care honestly), it's an answer to your comment and everyone else that thinks it's correct and clerics place their AS wherever they want because they want to. If we place AS in the "wrong" spot is because we are forced to do that because of the circumstances. Which most commonly are:
    - We often try to be nice and cover the whole party but the CW seems to love it's excessive long range or the rogue enjoys his backstabs (which i can understand) so we push it to the extreme to try and cover them too -> sometimes we will place it a bit too far from the boss or way too in the middle and the party will complain.
    - We run in circles (because nobody cares about adds) and while doing so... "pop" AS comes off CD, we need it because our pots are on CD so we pop divinity -> SBurst (to get stuff away from us)-> AS. If you happen to be DPSing the boss while that happens then your AS must have run out like one or two seconds ago so its effect is about to fade... good luck I guess. You either come and help me with adds or I die while you die too.

I have begun to adopt a zero tolerance policy because this game becomes utterly frustrating as cleric if someone in the party suddently decides to mindlessly dps the boss ignoring everything else.
    I enjoy it a lot more while playing my CW tbh (controlling is fun and not as risky as healing) and that's what i'm doing most of the time now, enjoying the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • aewanoaewano Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I Myself have played as a cleric and recently decided to see what all the fuss is about being a TR. I have just one big thing with CW's and that is the large amount of them that feel they need the top DPS and the Top kills and the top everything at the end. AS a cleric this involved me running backwards and forwards between the main group giving them the big buffs, while having to run to the CW who runs off ahead to chuck a heal on them and hope i make it back to the other group in time.
    This lead to me as a cleric no longer healing any CW that ran off on their own even once in the Delve.

As a rouge I started to notice that CW's were quite often attempting to run into the Melee. Yes that is right running into the melee to use repel just to get more damage in on the mobs by sending them away from the very melee units attempting to kill them and stop the Elite Mobs smashing through to the casters. Now this is one way to make melee members of your team just "accidentally" let a mob slip through to you. Since if you as a CW feel you need to focus on DPS instead of Controlling some of us well let it through.

Though sadly I noticed this majorly with other rouges to who decide to join in with the CW to fight one mob and both of them compete to kill it, leaving only 2 members max holding of the others, generally just one since I more often than not as a TR found myself the only one protecting the poor cleric whom I used to be.

So really CW's Sure you want to try and be at range and all thats fine, us clerics should certainly keep up with healing you if we can. Just know you well be a second objective to us while the rest is the first.
    Also please please CW's stop fighting TR's for DPS you just end up messing up dungeons that way.
  • bropinebropine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've only played CW so far. The OP has a point.
  • gehrondgehrond Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I played a cleric to endgame, found out it is exactly this problem, everyone in the group (pug) always wants to be top of DPS table, most of the times I do not get any help with adds until I die and they get wiped, then they help me a bit but will drift back to the boss after clearing the first round of adds, which leaving me vulnerable again...

So, I am now playing a CW myself and I do actually protect every cleric I see from adds
    CWs will top the DPS/kills by being on adds anyways, the AoE damage is far superior to focusing a boss. There's no reason to say you have to do one or the other. I just hate it when melee thinks the CW can handle all the adds all the time.
  • lyttlewing1lyttlewing1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Very enjoyable post!! I laughed and laughed :) Good job and the truth well told..
  • vornado71vornado71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 67
    edited June 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    If i'm forced to run around because the whole dungeon is after me due to your incompetence I will place AS wherever I am whenever it's off CD, even if it's a gazillon feet away from you. As long as this behaviour ensures my survival I won't care about yours mainly because you seem to not give a flying **** about mine.

Thanks for not reading or understanding my post at all......

I PLAY a DC.....so I know, I know....

I also play a CW and stay with the DC...and a smart CW will....did you read where I am spamming CC spells?
  • threeravensthreeravens Member Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    I agree with the OP it can be a right pain in the ***. Unfortunately, my experience has taught me that pretty often I'm the only one on adds. Suddenly, I've got the whole bloody room screaming for my blood and you nifty blue circle aint gonna save me cuz I'm too squishy. So I gtfo of dodge to try and get my cooldowns and yeah it's a problem for you and me both.

Also, on some boss fights I'm having trouble targetting the specific mobs I want. Particularly when the boss has a huge hitbox. I've found myself forced to move waaaay out on some flank to even target that fricking mob. Haven't found a solution to that 1 yet.
  • jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Very good post! And I as a CW totally agree. the thing is.. is quite easy to get to 60 on a CW, and the dungeons before t1 and t2 are not that technical.. So it would be good if PRO players teach whats our job (at least when were're there for the 1st time).. i know i need to gather mobs with daily aoe.. raise mobs up and trow them down from cliffs... i can freeze them... If my job is to repel adds from DC ill do it the best i can.. but everybody have to learn at least the 1st time and unfortunatly i dont have a magic crystal. Its easy when u do it with guildies, cause they always have more patiente to explain stuff.

but ill just ask.. if u see someone not getting his job done at Dungeons, just say "dont do it like that, do it like this... dont use that skill use this one.." it worked for me, im doin good now, and i still have a lot to learn, but the only way is people to explain how to do it and doing many dungeons.. so dont be all rude if someone is not doing the right way, try to explain the right way and u'll see things get better.
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vornado71 wrote: »
    Thanks for not reading or understanding my post at all......

I PLAY a DC.....so I know, I know....

I also play a CW and stay with the DC...and a smart CW will....did you read where I am spamming CC spells?

I'm so stunned. At first I rofled a bit, then I facepalmed. Then I felt kinda sorry for ya.

Lemme quote myself:
    oroness wrote: »
    Note: this is not directed to you (i don't know how well/badly you play and i don't care honestly).

I hope you've read it now. I'ts quite big.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • viaporiviapori Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hate clerics who runs away from their own circle. Try then help them when they are running as far away as possible from the rest of the group. :P
  • rainger2rainger2 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You've obviously been playing with terrible players.
  • riggsxriggsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So PFW, fix aggro
    People who play the game, stop kicking GWFs.
    This is their job! Sure, help out with Singularity. But the majority of adds, should be handled by a GWF.

Oh, and I know its fun to KD ****. A guilty pleasure I know ;p. But that needs to stop. Nobody else like it. And understandably so.
  • bill135bill135 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a level 39 CW, and it came naturally to me to use control to protect others, and to focus on adds.

I save repel attacks to get monsters off the cleric :)

Good to know I am on the right track!
  • abvtalentabvtalent Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Get a decent CW period...
    edited June 2013
    deleted....not worth a response
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    On some bosses very rarely do I ever use your piddly blue circle..."KITE"..learn it......DO it. I have to.