test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Duels?

sirkimjongsirkimjong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hay,

Can you duel in this game? I've yet to find it. Would appreciate it though since I play with some real life friends!
Post edited by sirkimjong on

Comments

• Options
    sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, would be nice.
    -For fun
    -For pvp testing
    -For stat/skill/feat testing
  • Options
    stadulatorstadulator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    Even EQ1 had arenas at release.

Oh wait, this is "open beta" lmao
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sirkimjong wrote: »
    Hay,

Can you duel in this game? I've yet to find it. Would appreciate it though since I play with some real life friends!

Not at this time and unless they do duels as well as they do PVP I would vote NO to including them. I get so tired of random players trying to get me into a duel in other games and then get insulting because you refuse the duel.

Of course, since so many of the player go afk in PVP now, you could duel in there.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    *removes white glove and slaps sirkimjong*

How dare you sir!
  • Options
    balentinossbalentinoss Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    YES!!!

Duels are very important. It is something serious, that this game lacks.

They can also impement 1 v 1 arena tournament with rewards... Would be fun.
  • Options
    sirkimjongsirkimjong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    YES!!!

Duels are very important. It is something serious, that this game lacks.

They can also impement 1 v 1 arena tournament with rewards... Would be fun.

1v1 with friends would be cheatable I'm afraid.
    glannigan wrote: »
    *removes white glove and slaps sirkimjong*

How dare you sir!

I didn't! How dare YOU?!
  • Options
    shopkoshopko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A simple duel in-world, or 1v1 arena fighting (even if it is without rewards) needs to be added. There is no reason I shouldn't be able to challenge my real-life friends to a quick 1v1 match. I'm actually pretty surprised Cryptic hasn't added this or even addressed it...
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    For testing... Perhaps. For fun or real pvp... God no, try balancing Trinity-based classes around 1v1... It will be a nightmare.. 10000 times more whinethreads about people yelling for nerfs, people comparing eachother looking at 1v1...
    Perhaps they can implement duels just for testing or fun between friends but they shouldnt even look at any thread about 1v1 pvp then. They did best balance it around 5v5 and slightly more and concentrat on different gamemodes and maps.

So sure.. Add duels as they are fun and handy, but for god same do NOT give rewards for them or balance anything depending on 1v1 experiences
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • Options
    bartolomeo85bartolomeo85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For testing... Perhaps. For fun or real pvp... God no, try balancing Trinity-based classes around 1v1... It will be a nightmare.. 10000 times more whinethreads about people yelling for nerfs, people comparing eachother looking at 1v1...
    Perhaps they can implement duels just for testing or fun between friends but they shouldnt even look at any thread about 1v1 pvp then. They did best balance it around 5v5 and slightly more and concentrat on different gamemodes and maps.

So sure.. Add duels as they are fun and handy, but for god same do NOT give rewards for them or balance anything depending on 1v1 experiences

Totally agree!
    Now i don't really know if there's a plan about adding other kinds of pvp arenas but that would be nice as well...
    I mean the regular deathmatch or capture the flag, or maybe 2v2 or 3v3 arenas, maybe 10v10 games, dunno but just renew the 2 arenas that you have for now because nw pvp is very well made and also quite balanced (yes, even tr die if u don't stare at them still whining about their damage) and it would be a pity leaving pvp only like this with so many people playing it