test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Community in Neverwinter

suckatash1suckatash1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is there any reason to build friendship/camaraderie in the game? I didn't play the game past level 14 (I believe). I solo'd all quest up til that point. The PvP was an auto join. The Blacklake instance was auto join. Does the game get harder? Do you have to group, depend on each other, etc. to get through content?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited June 2013
    you can pretty much solo to 60 excluding dungeons, then at 60 you'll need 4 others to do the dungeons.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Man, I was hoping to hear something different. Dungeons are usually the only thing in games now where people even have to group. That doesn't mean you care about the other 4 especially if any 4 will do. I just want a game where I have to struggle and fight with others for every inch of success. That is what has built friendships in my MMO history.
  • Options
    v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    suckatash1 wrote: »
    Man, I was hoping to hear something different. Dungeons are usually the only thing in games now where people even have to group. That doesn't mean you care about the other 4 especially if any 4 will do. I just want a game where I have to struggle and fight with others for every inch of success. That is what has built friendships in my MMO history.

T2 dungeons and PvP require a decent amount of teamwork.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Is there a point in the game where teams can form before hand for PvP?
  • Options
    khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Just because you aren't forced to, does not mean you can't if you want to.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Nope no reason at all. Unless you are a GWF/GF then you can find a guild and pray that they will carry you.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I would recommend you join a guild. While most quests are easily done solo, they can all be done with a friend. Look for a guild that values teamwork, as opposed to a guild that merely exists to do speed runs. Not that those are bad, but not what you are looking for. A guild can also make it far easier to find 4 others for a dungeon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    At max level having a guild to run with means you can actually co-ordinate with your other players. Early on it's easy to solo but some of those dungeons you need a team who knows what they are doing (and can repeatedly fail with randoms).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    looking4boobslooking4boobs Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is there a point in the game where teams can form before hand for PvP?

form a pvp group and queue the group in. you can also queue in groups for dungeons and skirmishes. queue isn't just for solo players