test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

problem with map transition

demiurgerealmdemiurgerealm Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
1) I am having problems getting a map transition to work, it is intended to be a transition from an outdoor map to an indoor map (an underground crypt). The map transition from PE to the outdoor map works fine, but the next transition is borked.

In the outdoor map the player must kill two groups of undead before entering the crypt. The entrance is a detail object (mausoleum-round base 02) placed on the ground, under Item Properties-Links I have selected Map Transfer. I cannot select Interactable, the selection box will not accept a check mark.

Is there something I have to do on the next map to indicate an entry point? I have a Spawn Point that I assumed would be the entry point.

2) Despite the fact that I have checked Use Overworld Map-False for the transition I have an unfinished task on that map "map location must specify a location and an icon".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Realm of the Demiurge Foundry Works

Neverwinter isn't D&D, it is a MMO based on a game that uses D&D terms but isn't really D&D either. NW is fun (for that matter so is 4E), but it isn't D&D, and once you wrap your expectations around that you will be able to enjoy the game for what it offers and not worry about what it does not.
Post edited by demiurgerealm on

Comments

• Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are you using map transition settings on the object itself or via the storyboard settings?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have set the object as a map transition using Item Properties, the storyboard has a map transition block in the flow chart where the detail object is specified under Leave From. Beyond that I am not sure what you mean.

Neverwinter isn't D&D, it is a MMO based on a game that uses D&D terms but isn't really D&D either. NW is fun (for that matter so is 4E), but it isn't D&D, and once you wrap your expectations around that you will be able to enjoy the game for what it offers and not worry about what it does not.
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was just making sure your map transition in the storyboard was set to move to the new map using that item if you are changing maps. If you are on the same map, then you need to use a teleport for the transition.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    OK, I tried a different detail object and the transition worked, perhaps that mausoleum was too large to interact with properly.