test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A simple question!

melhowradmelhowrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Library
What are the differences between Renegade and Thaumaturge Wizard? Thanks!
Post edited by melhowrad on

Comments

• kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Renegade tend to be DPS crit pasted and and Thaum is more a balance between DPS and CC. Opp is pretty much straight CC. Atleast the way I took it.
  • melhowradmelhowrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks a lot!
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Let see, so now Thaum has more CC? First people said that Renegade had more CC. Other say Oppressor has the most CC. The truth is, every spec has access to the same exact CCs. The question is, do you want to perform your "control" duties while still contributing good dps, or just brag about how many extra milliseconds the adds remained CCd to justify your awful dps, as in the case of the Oppressor tree?

I can argue that Thaum forces to slot an Encounter that's less than ideal. For a fight like CN Draco, where I want to slot EF on Mastery, Icy Terrain, Steal Time, and Shield, how is being a CoI Thaum helping?
    Both specs argue that they can out dps the other one by 5%-10%. But at the end of ANY successful T2 run, and I mean ANY, that 5%-10% extra dps didn't have any bearing whatsoever. But the proper timing of CCs, knockbacks, Singularities, while still maintaining respectable dps, made all the difference.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Renegade - Crit focused dps build
    Thaumaturge - Mitigation reducton dps build