test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dailies

budrik1budrik1 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Here comes the QQ train, WOO WOO!!!

...seriously, folks...
"Dailies" or Ultimates like I like to call them (not referencing LoL) are just ****ing ridiculous in this... thing...
Err, this ritualistic mass mayhem and chaos we refer to as "PvP" for some reason.

And I'm not just talking about Rogues. I'm sure we all know ALL TOO WELL about Shocking... ExecutioonnnGRGRGRGBAGHAAAAAA!@#$! !#! #*<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>@* !@#*@!!! *deep breath* Okay.

Control Wizards, GWF, Guardian Fighters, Tricksters and even us CLERICS.. all have at least ONE button that works like this:

2uxwynt.png

Ladies and gentlemen, the "I WIN" button simply has no place in MMOs that involve people in PvP.
OFCOURSE there's going to be a crapton of imbalances when you allow such huge numbers to just fly around.
And I'm not part of that minority that doesn't get in on the action either.
Ever heard of Hammer of Fate? It's huge. And I do use it a lot in PvP when there's not much healing needed.
But my point here is, (in face of all the other PvP issues already addressed time and time and time and time and time again) maybe we can tone down these ultimates just a little, eh? Or maybe redesign them so they serve a more defensive rather then offensive purpose?

Or hell, have them meet some sort of requirement, like your enemy having 20% HP or less. Execute abilities aren't uncommon in MMOs you know. Or hey, how about this: let's have them do less damage to players, but increased damage to NPCs.

Blargh... but what do I know, I'm still a NW freshman.
Thank you for wasting time from your life to read this.
Have some of it back.
"Pugs are like Saturday Night Live Sketches.
Most of em' are awful, some of em are decent, and a few are pretty good."
Post edited by budrik1 on

Comments

• churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    this read like a bad mexican restaurant having a menudo sale
  • agbadehanagbadehan Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    Lurker's assault is better than shocking execution.
  • skunksirskunksir Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1 i totally agree, although using standard type is easier to read lol :D..

dailies ruin pvp, and would welcome a block on them, i really dont see the point in 1 button - bang your dead, battles far more fun when teams have to single target a cleric or require a bit more skill.
  • melhowradmelhowrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My eyes hurt.
  • therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    +1

My eyes are bleeding, but yes, nerf the **** out of the 1 hit dailies please. Although it is funny to see people get kills offa it, brag they 1v1'd me, only to get utterly destroyed in a 1v1 when it only hits for 4k.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys