test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Ultimate Game Card" Ultimately Not Worth the Trouble

mortmagemortmage Member Posts: 42 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I wanted to buy $200 worth of Zen and get the 15% bonus as advertized, so I followed the link from the Neverwinter site the the "Ultimate Game Card" site and tried to buy online. Most of the online sources are not the sort of places I would trust with my cc info. Walmart would be ok, but they only offer the $20 card and I don't want to have to deal with 10 cards. They list Newegg, which I also would trust, but they don't have the card on their site. I tried one of the "off brand" sites and they had $50 cards, so I put 4 in my cart and tried to check out. They have a $70 per day limit.

At that point I gave up. It wasn't worth the hassle.
Post edited by mortmage on

Comments

• chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I gather, no actual shops near which sell them?
    Walmart(going on another thread) is selling $25 and $30 cards in store
    I'm in Australia, so I can get them at Coles, WW, BIg W, Target, Kmart, EB games and abunch more
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jackhialmarjackhialmar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I bought a $30 one from PcGameSupply.com but I'm a Euro and with it I could only buy about €20 worth of zen (2500) and now I have some ultimate points left that I can only use by buying more cards which will then leave me with more points...

Sounds not that good after all :(
  • gnarlixgnarlix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I think people should be wary of buying the Ultimate Game Cards. I decided to try OffGamers to buy mine and in the end the "$50 Game Card" i spent an actual $50 on wasn't enough to buy me the $50 zen package- for some unknown reason my $50 had lost about $3 in value. So I had to drop another 5$ on another "$5 Ultimate Game Card" and then I had enough to complete the $50 zen purchase on the Perfect World Site. What a mess. I wouldn't recommend it either. the remaining change is now available to me as Ultimate Points, whatever the heck that is. I don't think Perfect World is to blame here, except maybe in the fact they got suckered to use this Ultimate Game Card in the first place. Scam.
  • demonoidzardemonoidzar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I went to a few stores near me. None of them sell ultimate game cards just perfect world cards. I bought perfect world cards so I guess no bonus zen for me.
  • asad110asad110 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why not just buy just buy (x10) $20 cards from Walmart?

I'm always able to find the Ultimate Game Cards at Walmart, 7-11,etc. also i think i saw $25 cards in the US at safeway or some other grocery store
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With tax I've found it wasn't really worth it. 15% becomes 8%. For me 8% isn't worth the hassle. I'd rather just wait until they have a direct sale.
  • silestesileste Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    asad110 wrote: »
    Why not just buy just buy (x10) $20 cards from Walmart?

I'm always able to find the Ultimate Game Cards at Walmart, 7-11,etc. also i think i saw $25 cards in the US at safeway or some other grocery store

You really think there is a Walmart near everyone? And that every store stocks the same way? You should travel more.

Anyway, I think UGC has a list of retailers that carry their cards and if you really are determined just go looking around those places. Just don't expect that the stores will carry them.
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • j0nnyexj0nnyex Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I bought a Ultimate game card and went to register my account and keep getting a system error. Terrible company to go with. Wasted $25...