test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poor skill order

dndjessdndjess Member Posts: 47
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm a level 35 Rogue and I'm taking the Executioner path. I just unlocked the ability 'Devastating Shroud' - "Increases your critical strike chance after using Shocking Execution." Problem is, Shocking Execution is not available until level 50. Now why in the world would I want to select a feat that won't do anything for 15 more levels???
Post edited by dndjess on

Comments

• Options
    ehraehra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's worth considering how the tree setup will work when you're at the level cap, as well. Having a specific feat available so early in the tree means you could conceivably pick it up even after you've finished one of the other paths. I haven't played a rogue enough to know whether that's a feat worth taking anyway, but it's worth keeping in mind.

I did notice with my super lowbie rogue, however, that the first class feature passive you get as a rogue modifies Stealth, which you won't have yet for another couple of levels.
  • Options
    dndjessdndjess Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2013
    I can understand potential benefits at the level cap, but the problem is that if I select that ability, for the next 15 levels I will be playing a weakened character, as compared to a character that chose a feat that actually benefits them. It is a horribly flawed concept.
  • Options
    agbadehanagbadehan Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    Devastating Shroud is not worth it.
  • Options
    cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Try a scoundrel path... shocking execution was nerfed to be **** near useless anyway.