test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need more filler activities that will help break monotony

hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I think NW is a great game, but it needs more more filler activities that will root people down with the game, and also, to break the monotony of combat and Protector's Enclave.

Do you find yourself at 60 standing around in Protector Enclave with nothing to do?

Well, we need more filler activities, and such examples are:
Housing / guild housing
Collecting furnitures to decorate house
Fishing/Cooking
Mini-games in taverns, dice, poker
More functioning taverns, drinking games, darts
More clothing and customization activities
Chocobo raising/racing
Timed activities; refilling drinks at tavern, race with horses
Pet raising, feeding
Plant-growing, you have to water the plants, and it produces food/fruit consumable
More varieties of fun pvp activities
RP sponsored activity, like annual ball in Rift, people show up wearing masks
Jumping puzzles like in GW2
Treasure hunting missions
Building airships

I know, I know. You're gonna say, what worthless bunch of worthless sissy activities, but these are the kinds of mini-games that hook people and to provide more entertainment instead of standing around in Protector's enclave.
This will also attract and keep casual gamers, as you know, we all have to cater to casual gamer kids once in a while because that's where the market is these days.
Post edited by hycinthus on

Comments

• Options
    demattodematto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You could do what most people do and spend an hour or two /ignore_spammer 'ing every name that appears in zone chat.
    After all, it's all spam.
  • Options
    vheraunvheraun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I would not object to one of these. It is true that this is still in beta, but I would so like to see these, all great ideas. (A bit sceptic about their chances of appearing, but oh well)
  • Options
    vheraunvheraun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    dematto wrote: »
    You could do what most people do and spend an hour or two /ignore_spammer 'ing every name that appears in zone chat.

"Many online games allow players to contact each other via player-to-player messaging, chat rooms, or public discussion areas. What qualifies as spam varies from game to game, but usually this term applies to all forms of message flooding, violating the terms of service contract for the website. This is particularly common in MMORPGs where the spammers are trying to sell game-related "items" for real-world money, chiefly among these items is in-game currency."
    -Wikipedia

Oh, and you are a bad, bad person.
  • Options
    demattodematto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    TC asked for something to do at 60.
    This appears to be what people do at 60, unless they're running Delves, Epics or PVP.
  • Options
    karaadkaraad Member Posts: 89
    edited June 2013
    hycinthus wrote: »
    I think NW is a great game, but it needs more more filler activities that will root people down with the game, and also, to break the monotony of combat and Protector's Enclave.

Do you find yourself at 60 standing around in Protector Enclave with nothing to do?

BUILD AN IN-DEPTH FOUNDRY QUEST!

I know, I know. You're gonna say, what worthless bunch of worthless tasks, but this is the kind of thing that hooks people and provides more entertainment instead of standing around in Protector's enclave.
    This will also attract and keep casual gamers, as you know, we all have to cater to casual gamer kids once in a while because that's where the market is these days, with as easy as it is to create a foundry quest that is.

Fixed your thread for you btw. Your welcome.
  • Options
    xenodusxenodus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Foundry Quest: May's Trickjumping :D

Both of them were really fun. Wish more of these kinda foundries pops up.
    Filjorn Gyrfalcon@xenodus of Dragon ~
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yeah gotta love how much time the devs spent on creating those instead of, you know, making a decent game. But hey, they got what they deserved: a dead-ish game overrun by bots.

Gonna have to stop you right there little mister. GW2 has a great story line and many interactive quest lines that anyone can participate in at any time. They also have more nostalgia and easter eggs crammed into they're game than you could cram in your head.

Super Adventure Box? Mad Clock Tower? Tixx Flying Fortress? Those are only seasonal events.

Dare I say that GW2 has more content and more to do than NW has in it's game AND all of the player made foundries together? I think that's about right...

Confirmed: They do have a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> load more content.
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh a shiney! Lol. This is a game not a world like WoW or EQ2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    And yet the game is dead-ish and overrun by bots.

Go figure!

Edit: to clarify: for all the fun little things they thought to put into the game, they completely forgot to make the game good at its core. Oops!

Still in a guild with 300+ players, atleast 50-80 are on at any given time, WvWvW is still very active, especially on Fridays/Saturdays.

I'm so very sure that you've logged into GW2 consistently over the past month or you have access to logs that detail log in's and have a firm understanding of the community and players. :rolleyes:

With your "over run with bots" comment, you obviously haven't played or have played but didn't try to be social so you think it's only you and a hundred bots running around everywhere.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kwequa wrote: »
    Oh a shiney! Lol. This is a game not a world like WoW or EQ2.

I love the shineys in EQ2!

But, oh gosh no! This game is nothing like WoW/EQ2/GW2. The foundry and just being able to make your own in-depth portion of the game, while having others be able to rate and critique it is amazing! Bravo Cryptic, I love your editor and where it's gone from the original NWN editor.

Other than that, the general PvE aspect of the game is meh...nothing too special.
  • Options
    lilmonkey222lilmonkey222 Banned Users Posts: 296 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    karaad wrote: »
    Still in a guild with 300+ players, atleast 50-80 are on at any given time, WvWvW is still very active, especially on Fridays/Saturdays.

I'm so very sure that you've logged into GW2 consistently over the past month or you have access to logs that detail log in's and have a firm understanding of the community and players. :rolleyes:

With your "over run with bots" comment, you obviously haven't played or have played but didn't try to be social so you think it's only you and a hundred bots running around everywhere.

*facepalm*

Dream on bro. :)
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Chocobo racing? I didn't know this was a Final Fantasy MMO.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Chocobo racing? I didn't know this was a Final Fantasy MMO.

I think he was more or less quoting other mini games found in other mmo's/rpg's. *shrug*
  • Options
    tabbytreebarktabbytreebark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Housing / guild housing
    Collecting furnitures to decorate house
    Fishing/Cooking
    Mini-games in taverns, dice, poker
    More functioning taverns, drinking games, darts
    More clothing and customization activities
    Chocobo raising/racing
    Timed activities; refilling drinks at tavern, race with horses
    Pet raising, feeding
    Plant-growing, you have to water the plants, and it produces food/fruit consumable
    More varieties of fun pvp activities
    RP sponsored activity, like annual ball in Rift, people show up wearing masks
    Treasure hunting missions
    Building airships

I actually really like a lot of these suggestions. A while back I was actually going to suggest housing myself, so I'm glad someone else thought of it as well. I really like your suggestions for tavern games, as well as a lot of the other mini activities you mentioned.

And they don't necessarily have to be "worthless" either. If they make sure that you can win useful prizes from doing these activities it will get some of the hardcore gamers involved as well as the casual gamers.

As a MMO lover who has a bit of a busy life too, I do like "daily" quests and casual activities in these games. Rather than disappearing from the game altogether, they keep me active. They might also be good for end-game players while they wait for the next big update.
  • Options
    hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Trololololol.

This is just an example from other MMOs I have seen. You can gather material from carpentry, mining, and as a guild, you build an airship together. If airship does not fit the lore of NW, then just make it a regular ship. And the ship can be your guild house. It sounds fun to me.
  • Options
    flatfootsamflatfootsam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree with needing more interactive social stuff to do at 60 as well. Not necessarily all of the stuff you mentioned but at this point a few more things to do at 60 would be nice.

a few more skirmishes would be nice. The ability to fully utilize Foundry and make custom pvp maps with different game variants, along with skirmishes would be cool. Guild housing would be great.

In my opinion the Crafting needs a serious revamp to be made interesting. Fishing, Farming and pets could very easily be introduced into crafting to make useful stuff that actually helps our character aside form pants and shirts. Or they could just go the route Torchlight did and add random fishing holes that give us pet boosts and enchants.

Am hoping Gauntlygrym addresses some of the monotony of playing at lvl 60 . I guess we just got to wait and see. I do like a ton of your suggestions though. They could spruce up the game big time and add some nice polish to it.
    The lost Halflings~Code:NW-DC5DGPFJR
  • Options
    mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dematto wrote: »
    This guy gets it.