test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So the best Gears can be bought in the AH?

kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So after you hit 60 and save up enough Diamond just buy the Purple Armor set with bonus and the game is officially over? I just bought my Gaurdian Fighter Epic Set and it doesn't even cost that much, I think it was like 20K Diamond per piece. So now there is no need to run Epic Dungeon anymore? I heard about when running epic dungeon everyone Needing on everything so I didn't want to do it. But I was planning to do it with my Friends and Guildmate, but look like there no reason to do it anymore?

Why is this game making the best epic gears can be sold in AH? They should have make the best gear Bind on Pickup? This way there is more contents to do, none of those stupid Needing on everything and running Epic Dungeon can actually be fun and challenging, not a frustrated and become such a chore? I hope later they add some bind on pickup epic so they can't just buy the gears, but have to run the Dungeon and do the contents to gear up.

And I thought the drop in Epic Dungeon was better, so I bought it in AH so I can run the Epic Dungeon, but find out this is not true sadly.
Post edited by kasuhari on

Comments

• zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kasuhari wrote: »
    So after you hit 60 and save up enough Diamond just buy the Purple Armor set with bonus and the game is officially over? I just bought my Gaurdian Fighter Epic Set and it doesn't even cost that much, I think it was like 20K Diamond per piece. So now there is no need to run Epic Dungeon anymore? I heard about when running epic dungeon everyone Needing on everything so I didn't want to do it. But I was planning to do it with my Friends and Guildmate, but look like there no reason to do it anymore?

Why is this game making the best epic gears can be sold in AH? They should have make the best gear Bind on Pickup? This way there is more contents to do, none of those stupid Needing on everything and running Epic Dungeon can actually be fun and challenging, not a frustrated and become such a chore? I hope later they add some bind on pickup epic so they can't just buy the gears, but have to run the Dungeon and do the contents to gear up.

And I thought the drop in Epic Dungeon was better, so I bought it in AH so I can run the Epic Dungeon, but find out this is not true sadly.

Bro you need the Timeless set for GF.. Each piece is 1-2mil, maybe one or two of them are 500kish. And getting them as a drop, is quite rare.
  • arrowmaticarrowmatic Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Of course the game would be better for the players if the gear was BOP. But you don't seem to understand: the purpose of micro-transaction games is to get people to make transactions. This fact takes higher priority in game design decisions than the question of whether or not a given thing is actually good, and don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise.

Having the gear BOE and available on the auction house means people will buy zen to convert to diamonds. Of course that's not the only way to acquire diamonds but it is the most expedient way, given the exchange rate. And don't kid yourself: the rate at which diamonds are injected into the game, and the amount they gave away with the special packs, and therefore the exchange rate, were not arrived at accidentally. Anyone who thinks the zen:diamond rate is arrived at purely by the "will of the market" is living behind a prismatic wall of willful ignorance. PW has absolute control over the rate at which diamonds enter and leave the game, and therefore the idea that the "free market" sets the exchange rate is pure fantasy.
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I know a lot of you don't like this system, but it's wonderful for solo players like me who don't run dungeons :)
  • naeron1966naeron1966 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited June 2013

What you bought is more like the entry gear that makes it easier to get the best gear.

The system seems ok to me, you can run epic dungeons to get your character's gear or you can run epic dungeons and sell gear that is not for your character's class and then buy gear on the AH that is for your class. Either way you are spending time playing the game which should be fun for you or why play the game in the first place?

I have never really thought that BoP gear was a great idea in the first place in any game.
  • o0spoonman0oo0spoonman0o Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    I know a lot of you don't like this system, but it's wonderful for solo players like me who don't run dungeons :)

I'm sorry buy "people who don't run dungeons" don't deserve any gear that drops inside them. The ability to buy in game items for real life money is weak, especially high end raid gear. Your toon should be a reflection of time spent developing it. Not how much cash you are willing to throw around. Players like you are a big reason MMO's are so mind numbingly easy these days. Everyone feels they deserve to see the whole game and access all the gear. The result is nothing feels like an achievement because the four guys next to you just accomplished the same thing with 50 bucks.
  • xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Currently yes you can buy the best gear on the game but.. lets say the best mainhand. the best mainhand costs atleast 3 million. for rogues it costs 6-8million to get both daggers. once new content gets pumped out things will be harder to obtain and not really be on the AH, though eventually they will be. untill new stuff appears. But you should never "buy" your gear. it reflects onto yourself as in-experienced in the dungeons. I didn't buy any gear untill t2. and even then I earned half of it.

• pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I just looked on the auction house, and the prices are way higher than you're implying. It's fine.

Earning that much AD either means you're funneling real money into the game or you're doing those dungeons anyway.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • blaumkerblaumker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    I've had gear in games that would make the characters worth thousands of dollars if sold(which I've never done, nor will ever do) Every single piece of it was obtained by whatever method that game gave with one purpose, and that purpose was to do the game content
    never the other way around.

Guys like me suddenly have a bit of spare time here and there, and we do a bit of PvP or even farming. We run around 1-2 shotting people or AE clearing packs for wealth that other people can't even kill. We keep getting richer and better geared as content gets harder(we already had the gear to do it), the guys that couldn't or wouldn't do it in the first place stop being customers. It wasn't, and isn't, a good game to play.

All the other gear goes in the bin. Heck, in WoW, our guild bank had hundreds of the purple shards in it from disenchants every time the next level of stuff came up---hundreds of shards that could have just as well been gear for somebody, somewhere.

Being able to actually sell the gear is good for the "raiders", too. They get to build wealth from their repetitive runs while still experiencing the content.

All that being said, as has been mentioned by others, the "real" gear is extremely expensive. It simply is not the readily available items that so many buy upon hitting 60(and I did too, screw raiding in greens/blues for the dozenth time in my gaming life).

If it REALLY bothers a person that there is "purple" gear on the AH, my best advice is to go color blind. The names might be purple, but the stuff we're dropping 60k ad on a full set of(easily obtainable through dailies in the leveling process) is more or less the el-cheapo entry level set that most games still label as blues.

It's also worth noting, per the original post, that doing content is the reward for doing content. If you're JUST doing it to get the gear drop, life is just plain better to skip that arduous process and have the gear. Leave the actual procurement to the people that actually WANT to go into those places.
    edited June 2013
    blaumker wrote: »
    I've had gear in games that would make the characters worth thousands of dollars if sold(which I've never done, nor will ever do) Every single piece of it was obtained by whatever method that game gave with one purpose, and that purpose was to do the game content
    never the other way around.

Guys like me suddenly have a bit of spare time here and there, and we do a bit of PvP or even farming. We run around 1-2 shotting people or AE clearing packs for wealth that other people can't even kill. We keep getting richer and better geared as content gets harder(we already had the gear to do it), the guys that couldn't or wouldn't do it in the first place stop being customers. It wasn't, and isn't, a good game to play.

All the other gear goes in the bin. Heck, in WoW, our guild bank had hundreds of the purple shards in it from disenchants every time the next level of stuff came up---hundreds of shards that could have just as well been gear for somebody, somewhere.

Being able to actually sell the gear is good for the "raiders", too. They get to build wealth from their repetitive runs while still experiencing the content.

All that being said, as has been mentioned by others, the "real" gear is extremely expensive. It simply is not the readily available items that so many buy upon hitting 60(and I did too, screw raiding in greens/blues for the dozenth time in my gaming life).

If it REALLY bothers a person that there is "purple" gear on the AH, my best advice is to go color blind. The names might be purple, but the stuff we're dropping 60k ad on a full set of(easily obtainable through dailies in the leveling process) is more or less the el-cheapo entry level set that most games still label as blues.

It's also worth noting, per the original post, that doing content is the reward for doing content. If you're JUST doing it to get the gear drop, life is just plain better to skip that arduous process and have the gear. Leave the actual procurement to the people that actually WANT to go into those places.

I agree. the lack of original dungeons and fun dungeons makes drops the only reason to do them. until new content arrives, people will prefer to buy it. but buying it again makes the content non-existent right now.

• unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is one item that all of your AD and everyone's AD in the server combined cannot ever buy. That is the Angel of Protection! :p
  • talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2013
    There's still plenty carrots to chase, don't worry. Getting perfect enchants alone will keep you busy for a while unless you invest obscene amounts of real money.
  • swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm sorry buy "people who don't run dungeons" don't deserve any gear that drops inside them. The ability to buy in game items for real life money is weak, especially high end raid gear. Your toon should be a reflection of time spent developing it. Not how much cash you are willing to throw around. Players like you are a big reason MMO's are so mind numbingly easy these days. Everyone feels they deserve to see the whole game and access all the gear. The result is nothing feels like an achievement because the four guys next to you just accomplished the same thing with 50 bucks.

I'm sorry but I will never understand that mindset. I've been a raider in every MMO I've ever played (running with a Top 50 US Guild in WoW **** near became a job before I burned out of it. And we used to SELL spots in our farmed raids for epics to fund repairs and mats for upcoming instances. I couldn't imagine the blood you guys would spit over that.), and I'm in Castle Never right now killing mobs and putting items I don't want up on the AH and making a tidy profit. I sold an item tonight that could get me just about anything in the zen shop, should people buying zen with hard currency riot over the fact that I'm going to buy stuff for 'free' that they had to dish out the dosh for? Anyone who plays the game deserves to have the ability to acquire any item that is legally open to transfer. I kill a boss in an instance, they pay astral, I buy from the zen shop from astral earned from epics, they use a credit card. In the end it doesn't matter as my game experience is not impacted by how other people are experiencing the game as long as it is not via exploit, and it doesn't lessen the worth of my character in the slightest. To me, the only sin is being a crappy player, not 'paying to win'.

Here's another kicker, I want them to get that gear that otherwise they can't get. I know how awesome it feels to complete that config you've been shooting for, or get that item you've lusted over, and they should get that opportunity as well. How crappy it would feel to know there is all these upgrades out there you can't get your hands on because you either don't have the time or a dedicated group to run with.

And to the OP, I'd be shocked if you have the end-game GF armor set for those prices. A friend of mine is currently hunting for a helmet to complete his set that is probably going to run him 1 million astral. If I would have gone into the auction house to buy my Miracle Healer set, it probably would have cost me around 2 million(ish), not counting all the other gear I needed. At 20k you are either getting seal items, pvp items, or the low end sets. Or Beholder's economy is just whack.
    edited June 2013
    Do you people try to hide it, or have you forgotten how the t2 sets came into the economy? Should i remind you? Do i really have to?

This is getting more and more ridiculous, day by day. Silly kids these days.

I actually forgot about that. but oddly that hasn't changed a thing. t2 sets are now 1 million each. some of them are lower but the chest/head is always atleast 700k. all the t2 sets that were gained in that matter are now not in the AH anymore.

• liquidc86liquidc86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    p2w kid game
    nothing to see here
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013

How does what other people do in any way effect your feelings of achievement?
  • lostdrafteelostdraftee Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I buy a car to use it normally. Someone is obsessed with same particular car model and spends a lot of time in garage to do whatever. Can someone explain me how obessed person deserve access to glove compartment of his car more than I deserve access to glove compartment of my car?
  • purebookwormpurebookworm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't get it, why are some of you so negative about using real money to buy full set of gears. You guys may have the time to spare for raiding dungeons, but some others they don't and they still want to enjoy the game and still want to be the best, so they use their cash. Rather than criticism on people who Pay to Win, you guys should look at what you could have done if not grinding game instead. TBH, stuffs that you guys farm every single day for a month may only worth around 1-2 hour of my work time. So think about it. This society...
  • swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

And so ALL MMOs for ALL time MUST do it that way? No MMO should ever even consider another method?

I'm loving the fact that I can buy BIS gear, because every dungeon run is 20 very boring minutes of clearing trash for 5 minutes of fun (questionable fun when all bosses = more adds).

I'd be happy to earn my gear, but offer an alternative method. A looooooong series of quests that results in one piece of the set. Then another for the next piece, and so on.

Look at the reason most of those who enjoy endgame content find it fun: it offers progressively harder content that yields progressively better rewards. That's is FUN! That is a keystone of RPGs; progression.

The game shouldn't offer progression to both the soloer and the grouper up to a certain point, and then only offer it to the group player. That bait and switch bulls**t is a tired and lazy mechanic that needs to go, or at least does NOT need to exist in every MMO.
  • rhymfaxerhymfaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Sounds like a lot of you don't really know why you are playing this game. What is the point of buying the gear if you don't like dungeons? Dungeons is basically all this game has. PvP is pretty terrible, all you have to do at 60 is to stand around in PE and wait for DDs (or happy hour as I like to call it).

I'd be fine if gear was BoP, and I'm pretty ok with the current BoE economy too. Trading and earning AD is honestly kinda fun.
  • gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

I completely disagree with this. There were many successful games that didn't use BOP that existed even before WoW. So what if someone buys dungeon gear with their in game money they farmed up soloing dailies or someone who uses irl money? How does that effect you or your experience? Personally, I like to raid and I love PvP but some people like to solo. You exclude them from progression and they don't play.