test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Return to Sender?

wingsforwingsfor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I appologize for hijacking, i really do, but i registered a couple days ago, may still not post but the issue is burning.. Dear Administrator please move, dont delete :)

How long does it take till mail gets returned to sender?

i wanted to sent companion to alt, but the **** i am i put in alt's, nick not my account handle..apparently this is someones handle though, couse mail was sent, unfortunatelly not to my alt but to this someone.
Now she or he appears to be inactive, couse i cant find ever using "look for person" option..and im traying to make a contact.

Anyone knows if and when the items are gonna be returned to me if the reciever never opens the mail?

i wrote a ticket a couple of days ago but :P

i appologize for hijack again.
Post edited by wingsfor on

Comments

• bilbobragginsbilbobraggins Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What if they simply opened the mail and took the pet? Probably better off chalking this one up to experience and being more careful.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I dont honestly expect there is a return feature. Ive been guilty of sending mail to mistyped addresses in the past in CO. And not one single time did I ever get my stuff back.

The system could use some polish, it needs a few more quality of life type safety features. but until that happens you need to simply be extra diligent in who you send stuff too. Brain farts will cost you, sometimes painfully so.
  • wingsforwingsfor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hmm if that is so, can one of you forum vets put that feature to the "give asap" list?
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Best you can do is give the situation attention. Its been an issue for years now in the older games, without a fix. But with NW having all the dev attention currently. Making it an issue here and now might prompt something. However, keep in mind this is not simply an NW issue. Mail is tied to the chat system and the chat system is common across all three games. So it might simply be more of a project then they are wiling to take on. The potential to mess up everything exists.

That said, if the item is valuable enough to you, just keep hammering away with support tickets. You might just luck out and get help getting it returned. Its slim, but you wont get anything if you dont at least try.
  • stormysgstormysg Member Posts: 93
    edited June 2013
    there is no return of unread mails. In some games mails are automatically deleted after a month or so. So don't count on it.

Try sending a ticket. Other than that, take this is a lesson and be careful next time.