test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This game NEEDS CC diminishing returns for pvp

captobvious8captobvious8 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Most other mmos I've played have some sort of diminishing returns on the amount of control a player can be subject to before they're immune for a short time. This game does not. I can't tell you how many times I've been in a one-on-one fight and not been able to land a single hit cause I was chain-stunned to death. Other times in larger group sorties, I've been stunned/dazed 3-4 times in a row AND knocked back, making my heals virtually meaningless.

It's bad enough that my class (lvl 30 cleric) has zero stuns of any worth, but that doesn't bother me that much if it's the game's way of class balancing. What DOES irritate me a lot is the fact that I can get cc'ed SOO many times and not have any way of defending myself, cleansing, escaping, or just getting a break because I've already been stunned 2 or 3 times in a row. I think this would go a long way to making classes like rogues, who are almost laughably OP, less so without actually having to do as much in the way of nerfs (which would affect their pve viability as well).
Post edited by captobvious8 on

Comments

• Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    so... lets CC this cleric to death =D
  • Options
    gosugoosegosugoose Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Get out of the 30 bracket ****. Rogues are the least of your worries if you actually know how to dodge.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Control Wizards are much more deadly and a pain than a rogue. Rogues have like 2 moves to stun.

Where control Wizards can have a full set of skills that do nothing but stun and blow you back. They can have most melee fighters on full lockdown most of the time. Thats just one, imagine more than one.

With a rogue, you can at least anticipate thier stun move and dodge in time.
  • Options
    iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It only gets worse. One of my alts is a lvl 56 cleric. In PVP Wizards are nothing at that level because you can dodge both of their cc's. However, rogues and GF are a world of trouble.

Rogues have smoke bomb and impact shot, just try building up divinity when you face a rogue that knows how to use impact shot with cloud of steel shealthed: Divinity build up: not going to happen. With those two skills a rogue can keep you locked down in CC. As for the GF, well do you like bouncing around? that is exactly what you will be doing if a GF targets you and they (some) hit hard. Of course you don't want to engage the GF so you try to run to your allies, wrong: mistake. You're taking a crit from Lunging strike and then will be bounced around.
  • Options
    omnicidalg0domnicidalg0d Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    cleric complaining about pvp lol, get to level 60. if the enemy has a cleric and you don't, you lose unless your god tier geared.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cleric complaining about pvp lol, get to level 60. if the enemy has a cleric and you don't, you lose unless your god tier geared.

As it was proved many many times, not really.
    You just focus them in mid point and cap their base point, they split, loose mid, rinse and repeat for win.
  • Options
    omnicidalg0domnicidalg0d Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    wow never thought of that /sarcasm. you try telling a bunch of randoms what to do and get flamed.