test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any ETA for a fix or at least an acknowledgement that foundry respec is bugged?

fyendiarfyendiar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
The foundry is limited as it is, but now my character is also useless. I tried everything I could think of, but no powers can be trained and no abilities added. I don't want to finish a complete questline only to find out afterwards that it is either way too hard or easy after publishing it. I'd like to be able to test it in the foundry as we are supposed to.

I have been googling this problem, but I can't find any official statement that they are even working to fix it, let alone an ETA on a fix. Did I miss it or have they been completely ignoring this problem so far?

As it stands my character is completely useless and can't even be set back to lvl 1, or at least I have not found the option to reset my character to working order.
Post edited by fyendiar on

Comments

• Options
    levitatemelevitateme Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1

It sucks running around with base stats of 0.
    Currently working on : Shopping Mall Security (NW-xxxxxxxxx)
    Author of the LGBT quest: Alternative Entertainment (NW-DHQPDNBZM)
  • Options
    zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I submitted a ticket about it a while ago and haven't goten anything back about it yet. PW has the worlds worst Community posters. They never post, or when they do they give you 0 information, or troll you, and they always have attitudes.

TL;DR PerfectWorld is a horrible company~
  • Options
    hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    stupid double post
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This was a known issue in the Foundry beta as well, and they gave little to no feedback on it.

In generally, you have to just hope someday they will get to fixing it, cause they will rarely ever tell you before hand they even know about it.

And I agree about PW being horrible. I think they are mostly the reason this stuff goes on for so long, as they pressure Cryptic, who is doing the actual development, to pump about and focus on the things that will make PW more and more money, and so the Foundry, which is the only feature of the game that is not monetized at all, gets set aside...because it makes PW no money.
  • Options
    guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow.. I'm stunned. The foundry is about the only reason to try this game. IMHO this is just a sell out console game (W.O.W.clone) with the D&D name stuck on it. They better keep their eye on the ball .. or some other company is gonna take the concept of UGC and really do the game right. DDO .. ie, Dungeon and Dragons Online.. is a great game stuck in a poor campaign. If they get a handle on UGC; I, for one, will never play this game again.
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Foundry characters have no companions or mounts, so it is impossible to accurately play test foundry quests inside the foundry anyway.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    Foundry characters have no companions or mounts, so it is impossible to accurately play test foundry quests inside the foundry anyway.

If you respec to a level 20 character you will get a mount in your inventory.
  • Options
    fyendiarfyendiar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    xhrit wrote: »

The fact that the foundry characters don't have access to the basic companions is in my eyes a big oversight as well, but one problem does not make another problem right. Even with the lack of a companion you can at least get a notion whether or not the difficulty is around what you want it to be. That is if you have a working foundry character.

Without one, you can't even come close to testing it. The only things you can look at are the easy, standard and hard encounters as they are described and your experience with other foundry missions. There are so many things that can completely change a difficulty though. Like a doorway making melee groups easier because you can stop them surrounding you, or corners with mixed groups making the dumb AI of the ranged npc's work for you since they don't come around the corner as long as you stay close enough. Snipers positioned at hard to get to places, ambushes, etc, etc.

I just want a way to test them before I publish and yes that also means we should have access to the basic companions at half the lvl of your working respecced character.
  • Options
    essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ah, my Author character has a horse and all the basic companions... We do have access to them. Just do as they said above, respec to level 20, then exit out of your adventure which takes you back to Protectors Enclave, you should have the in game mail and quests about the companions and mount. Just go get them while in PE.
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • Options
    morrotaen1morrotaen1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fyendiar wrote: »
    The fact that the foundry characters don't have access to the basic companions is in my eyes a big oversight as well, but one problem does not make another problem right.

Hope this helps. First hit respec and spec your foundry character to lvl 21. Then ,in the story window, set your starting point or map up as protectors enclave. Then you should be able to hit the "Play from beginning of story" in the upper right corner of the story window. When you enter Protectors enclave all of the NPCs will be available. If the quest to go get your companion is not already in your log then you should be able to get it from Sergeant Knox and play it out as if you were in game. This worked for me and it also makes vendors and invoking available as well. Then all you need is to set up a map transition to the area/areas you want to test. This doesn't fix the Op's problem but perhaps it will do some good anyway. I hope my explanation of how to do this is clear as I'm very new at the foundry myself.
  • Options
    nokturnelnokturnel Member Posts: 173 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    essenti wrote: »
    Ah, my Author character has a horse and all the basic companions... We do have access to them. Just do as they said above, respec to level 20, then exit out of your adventure which takes you back to Protectors Enclave, you should have the in game mail and quests about the companions and mount. Just go get them while in PE.

Yep, and I've been able to lvl over 40 with my Author avatar.
    -Protect the Caravan-
    Fun 15-20 Minute Heavy Combat Quest with a difficulty slider. Hand crafted environments and encounters.
    Code: NW-DSVCX8LD4
    Thread URL: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?257391-Protect-the-Caravan
  • Options
    essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nokturnel wrote: »
    Yep, and I've been able to lvl over 40 with my Author avatar.

I've been running tests with my Author at 60 to see how hard the mobs are at that level, and wow, what a pain! Granted, I've been testing with the GWF since I've heard a lot of complaints about them being under-powered. It still amazes me that even with fully leveled cleric companion and a mess of lvl 60 potions the elites and solos usually kill me at least once per fight. Granted, I've no clue how to effectively use a GWF, but it really seems the mobs at 60 are just nasty.

It's easy to level up your foundry Author beyond 41, just make a one room map with a the reward chest right next to the spawn point. Preview the map, loot the chest, CTRL-R, rinse and repeat... you level up quite fast, although its still tedious. I wouldn't mind if they made the respec a little more comprehensive though!
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the tips regarding the companions! I will try that the next time.

Still remains the main problem though of being unable to add powers and such to your character once bugged.
  • Options
    jkparkjkpark Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    Yes, the bug needs to have some official attention. I've effectively stopped developing any quests for now, due to this. I'm not going to publish a half-finished quest, and without testing the combat, that's essentially what it is.
    JKPark's Foundry Quests
    A Friendly Reminder (NW-DAQN7H5GO) - Short, solo, story-driven quest.
  • Options
    harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Bumping this one also..

This needs some love. Fix it...
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This bug is so low on the priority list of things that need fixing that I cannot believe you guys are so upset about it. Stopped creating quests? Really?

You guys know you can place your reward chest in an unobtainable location, publish the quest, accept in the live game and play it? Share with friends if you need to.

Seriously, the respec bug is a pain but it's not by any means game breaking as some of you are making it out to be.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    This bug is so low on the priority list of things that need fixing that I cannot believe you guys are so upset about it. Stopped creating quests? Really?

You guys know you can place your reward chest in an unobtainable location, publish the quest, accept in the live game and play it? Share with friends if you need to.

Seriously, the respec bug is a pain but it's not by any means game breaking as some of you are making it out to be.

Not game breaking maybe but truly a pain. Count the steps needed to check/fix something in what you suggest.

With a respec you can verify traps, flip to a GF and verify jumps, see if squishy's survive. And all 3 could be done between preview and the maps window faster than one check for traps with a necessary fix could be done flipping between live and foundry.

The only way this will Ever get fixed is to complain about it. Staying passive will not shift its priority one tic.

Fix it...
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding