test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 1 vs Tier 2

legionofomnilegionofomni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Im looking to be able to tell the difference between a tier 1 and tier 2 epic item.

Example: I can only que for 3 dungeons. I want to que for ones that drop BiS items (that I can get); I dont want to waste time queing for a tier 2 dungeon that drops a helm...if my helm is T2 already;

on WoW an item would be classified as "tier X"; Is their something similar here?

How do i know which epic is tier 1 and which is tier 2 in-game?
Post edited by legionofomni on

Comments

• legionofomnilegionofomni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im talking about random pieces (I know actualy tier set bonuses are higher on T2, but what about the "This Dungeon Drops Tier 2 Rings and Off-hands" thing)
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    The Queue descriptions tell you what quality and type of loot is in the dungeon. There are also going to be improvements in the queue window that will make it easier to sort as well in the coming content patch.
  • zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    The Queue descriptions tell you what quality and type of loot is in the dungeon. There are also going to be improvements in the queue window that will make it easier to sort as well in the coming content patch.

He's talking about if he has an item already in his inventory, if he looks at it, he has no idea what tier it is as the game has no indication of such on any item. Or while looking at items on the Auction House for that matter.
  • legionofomnilegionofomni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zzzzzdank wrote: »
    He's talking about if he has an item already in his inventory, if he looks at it, he has no idea what tier it is as the game has no indication of such on any item. Or while looking at items on the Auction House for that matter.

Exactly. I dont want to waste time in que for a dungeon for a ring only to find out my ring was T2 already...meaning i wasted time doing / queing for it when I could have been working on a different dungeon for something else.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    zzzzzdank wrote: »

Ah, yeah... That frustrates me as well. Our items don't have any sort of 'item level' data at the moment so this would actually be a not hard but possibly lengthy change (or scripted update by a programmer). I'll try and bring this up again internally as something to get fixed after some of the other higher priority tasks get done.
  • tayfalfostayfalfos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Adding labels on to items would be sooo helpful. I've seen pieces of T1 come out of the pirates dungeon chest, and didn't know it was T1 until I looked it up. T1 coming out of a T2 dungeon is a little misleading.
  • gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ah, yeah... That frustrates me as well. Our items don't have any sort of 'item level' data at the moment so this would actually be a not hard but possibly lengthy change (or scripted update by a programmer). I'll try and bring this up again internally as something to get fixed after some of the other higher priority tasks get done.

Thanks for the response. :) That would definitely be cool.
  • voervoer Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't know if it would work, but maybe you could check how much your helmet increased your gear score and ask someone who has the t2 helm how much it increases their gear score. I'm sure there are other things that are considered in gear score (enchants, synergies,ect...) but it might give you an idea. Also maybe the stats on the t2 helmet would be slightly higher than the t1 version I'd think.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Such as "This drops T2 but 99% will drop T1 have fun".
  • rhymfaxerhymfaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Tbh it's not hard to just learn what is t1 and t2 based on stats, set bonuses, what dungeon it dropped in etc. I'm hard pressed to think of an item I can't identify the tier of.
  • shadowbrethshadowbreth Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rhymfaxe wrote: »
    Tbh it's not hard to just learn what is t1 and t2 based on stats, set bonuses, what dungeon it dropped in etc. I'm hard pressed to think of an item I can't identify the tier of.

I agree whith this as soon as u see stats on item u can see if it t2 quality or no, tho if u ask me t2 item without set bonus will downgrade your gs hard, but then again if u get full tier one with lvl 5 gemstones in it u will have enough gs to que for castle never or any other dungeon. If u have bad luck with drops, t1 gear is relative cheap on auction house.
  • captainlangercaptainlanger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tier 1 seems to be just the name, tier 2 Grand, tier 3 Ancient. obviously that's only for your right hand side gear. there is only really one set of gear you should be looking for anyway if you have tier 2 there isn't much else for you to get and if it is the rings and neck you want to replace then castle never is the only higher place for your ancient binbags.
  • redscare82redscare82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    from what I can see tier 1 seems to have a 2 piece bonus of 400 to a stat and tier 2 seems to have a bonus of 450 to a stat. Of course I haven't look at ever set but so far for my 60's that's been the case.
  • griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    or you can just look at set number. the t2 has 5; t1 has 4
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Such as "This drops T2 but 99% will drop T1 have fun".

Or

This DD chest will award you a ring or belt with stats that don't suit your class.

Getting T1 from T2's is also super great and well worth the time it takes to do t2's.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dtrain69 wrote: »
    Or

This DD chest will award you a ring or belt with stats that don't suit your class.

Getting T1 from T2's is also super great and well worth the time it takes to do t2's.

Not when they're worth almost nothing.