test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How often are you kicked from groups at level 60?

faulkalfaulkal Member Posts: 34
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
My guardian is now 37 and I absolutely love it. I keep hearing how everyone's going to get kicked as soon as they see a guardian or great weapon fighter in the group. I have yet to be kicked from a pug. At level 60 is it commonplace to be kicked all the time? How often have you been kicked from pick up groups? (As a GF really)
Post edited by faulkal on

Comments

• snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I must be doing something wrong, as I never got kicked
    Really hard to live up to the forum expectations, sigh ~
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
  • admanteadmante Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In random queue that pretty much never happens unless there's a GF already. GF's are good in random teams because they offer extra durability in case **** goes down. Also it will take forever to get two clerics in random queue if you're not getting a GF. It's premade teams that tend to avoid GF's for T2 because if the team knows how to run the dungeon, it's not much of a challenge so more damage/control/easy invincibility is better than GF.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    100% of the time when using the queue system solo.

Course that was only once because I hate that system and lead my own decent sized guild.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    faulkal wrote: »
    My guardian is now 37 and I absolutely love it. I keep hearing how everyone's going to get kicked as soon as they see a guardian or great weapon fighter in the group. I have yet to be kicked from a pug. At level 60 is it commonplace to be kicked all the time? How often have you been kicked from pick up groups? (As a GF really)

Maybe once or twice a week. I queue with a DC though, so he just drops group too and we start over.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As GWF I got kicked 10 times in a row queing for t2 dungeons so I rolled a GF. As a GF if I don't get kicked from a group for T2 dungeons the group has no idea what they are doing and has trouble fighting the first boss.

So yeah. I don't play fighters anymore because I'm tired of fighting for dungeon spots.
  • doomsagadoomsaga Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The kicked thing is endgame, not while leveling.
  • realpureshadowrealpureshadow Member Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    doomsaga wrote: »
    The kicked thing is endgame, not while leveling.

sometimes you get kicked before you even load the map, you will just get ported to the zone that the instance is part of.
  • lethoklethok Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Supposedly you get kicked endgame. Which I wouldnt know of, since every queue that pops on Dragon is missing a tank or a cleric. So the point is moot.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    Only got kicked when we got a 4x TR + 1 GWF party .. LOL ... the queue system is out of whack.
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Never kicked. Most 60s know me, though, and know I'm good at add control most of the time. Sometimes there are too many adds for anyone to handle and one slip by anyone in the party is death (Spellplague epic comes to mind).
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    faulkal wrote: »

As a guardian, you are far more useful than a GWF. So your chances of getting kicked, which is something I or the people I play with never do, are less than GWF. A dps specced, Stalwart Set geared, plague fire/Tenebrous enchanted, Guardian can be a beast, pumping out as much dps as a CW if AoE slotted. The thing is to properly play a GF, you need to dps more and block less, ALOT less. Alot of GFs waste TOO much time blocking which can lead to as much as 50% less dps. Your job is to run in first, grab as much initial aggro, debuff elites, grab stragglers, and revive fallen members instead of having a squashy or the healer do it.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.