test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gateway problems and using professions

chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I see various bugs that are sometimes there and sometimes not there and it may differ from character to character. I'm thinking I may be connecting to different web servers because of the differences. Here are some screen shots:

Very minor bug and before it carried over to the professions screen which made it difficult to read duration times, but I haven't seen it since last patch but is still on the logon page (sometimes).

NW%20Web%20logon%20right%20justified.jpg

Major bug and makes gateway unusable for me. The leadership and other task list lack a scroll bar so I can't chose tasks or go to next page.

NW%20Web%20Prof%20leadership%20no%20scroll.jpg

Major bug and make gateway unusable when it happens. This doesn't always happen, but sometimes tasks just don't show up at all. The rare tasks will, but not the regular. This actually happened in game yesterday before the patch. I haven't seen it in game since then, but the web is still doing it.

NW%20Web%20Prof%20leadership%20only%20rares.jpg

EDIT:
I'm still having troubles with scroll bar and using Chrome, but IE started working, so I'm just using that now.

BIG BUG: DO NOT COLLECT ASTRAL DIAMOND IN GATEWAY

I just collected 2 "Protect Diamond Shipment" which awards you 1000 AD, but when I went to convert them in game, they were not there. This is another major bug that make Gateway unusable.
Post edited by chrispybrown on

Comments

• dornishsandsnakedornishsandsnake Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I experience the second bug constantly (the one where there is no scroll bar) and have now come across the one where only rare tasks are displayed. I tried both the gateway and in-game and still no other tasks.
  • gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problems.. the last one is the worst... as when it happens, it is the same in the game and I cannot continue crafting even though I have some slots free :( (usually it takes some ather task to be finished and then they reappear)
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
  • toyeverdaletoyeverdale Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    I have a new one for this good list of issues I see often: I have to enter a new one time code for gateway despite having cookies saved. One machine I use out of 3 is experiencing this.
  • captndafcaptndaf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    I have a new one for this good list of issues I see often: I have to enter a new one time code for gateway despite having cookies saved. One machine I use out of 3 is experiencing this.
    A few people have been reporting this issue with IE10. Have you tried using a different browser?
    "Duct tape is like the force; it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together."
  • mackehmackeh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I logged into the gateway twice today .. first time I saw two jobs, and the second time I could only see the top 5 jobs and couldn't see any navigation to cycle through the others.

Sigh .....
  • combatclown81combatclown81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive had the problem with only the rare jobs being listed as well. I pulled my character out of protector's enclave and moved to the chasm because I'm having the no loading bug. Soon as i got there i brought up the profession list and only 3 rares were listed. I thought it was because I moved to a different area but i guess not.
  • jublingjubling Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am encountering the 2nd (no scroll) and 3rd (tasks vanished) problems as well. Thought it was just me.

Haven't been able to reproduce the 3rd problem reliably, seems to happen at random. Sometimes even occurs in-game for me too.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For me leadership is the only prof that actually functions for choosing tasks, well 9/10 times it does and the other 1/10 it only shows rare tasks that are unsuitable for my level. It looks to be linked into the resizing window not working as it should.

Multiple characters as well not just specific to a character and their prof levels. My cleric is lucky as there's a sliver of the high grade ore tab I can click on whereas my wizard is met with unobtainable stuff.

The other bug I find cropping up far too often, ingame as well, is that when you check the box to hide unsuitable tasks you're still shown tasks 2 levels or more higher than you currently are. Annoying for the fact it shouldn't be there and that some idiot can't cope with basic maths concpets such as 15 is higher than 14 so shouldnt be shown.

Oh yes and the AD's from the leadership tasks collected via the gateway are never transferred to the game still, collect 800 rough and you don't see them waiting to be refined when you log in.
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nothing but Rare too high task showing again

Just how hard is it to query the tasks?
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now a new one

Mailsmithing is returning Tailoring tasks!
  • kromeboykromeboy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was having the "No scroll buttons" problem with Firefox and IE. Fired up Chrome and the scroll buttons are there, YAAAA!
  • kromeboykromeboy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And chrome seems to be a lot faster on my laptop!
  • chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I use chrome and tried IE with the same results. I haven't been able to do my professions on the gateway at all because of it.

One thing of note, I left the gateway open while playing and when a task completed the page refreshed and the scroll bar returned, but when I went to collect and then to assign new tasks, the scroll bar was missing again.
  • mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been having the problem with the paging bar missing too. I'm usually using Chrome. Also, I second the comment about the task time countdown being almost impossible to read. It needs to be something other than white text on a light background.

Also, has anyone been able to cancel a task. Cancelling the assignment does not seem to work.
  • chaoticdreamer88chaoticdreamer88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exact same issue with Chrome.
  • surf13surf13 Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For those using Firefox you can fix the iframe using Firebug. Simply inspect the iframe and scroll up/down with the mouse wheel.

Another workaround that should work in all browsers and is verified in Firefox. When you do manage to get into the task bookmark it. If you really get stuck PM me and I should be able to work out the link for you and send it in return PM.

Very sucky that the problem's there... But at least we can work around it... Well, at least I can work around it.

(C'mon Cryptic, please do fix this)
  • washedonewashedone Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just found a workaround for fixing the second issue. I was experiencing this constantly and it is very annoying. Here is what you do:

1) Have the issue with the gateway not displaying the scroll or page option:

Z2hFtV8.png

2) Resize the frame small enough that it turns into a single list (I think what is happening is that it "assumes" you are on a mobile device and forces the infinite scroll code)

YgZ0TPN.png

3) Resize your window back to normal and you'll now have the page links properly.

g0Zxfds.png

Sadly this has to be done everytime however, but at least it's something.
  • sketchsevensketchseven Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still having exactly the same issues as OP using Google Chrome on Win 7 64 bit. All text is misaligned or offset to the right, and there are no scroll bars for any of the professions windows - essentially Gateway is completely unusable right now.
  • eag1epoopeag1epoop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    also only seeing a few tasks now.. in gateway and in-game.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a similar problem using iOS 6.1.4 - only having rare professions being displayed, occasionally 2 rows of normal jobs.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • salgado18salgado18 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also seen this in Chrome for Windows, Chrome for Mac works fine.

Just to add another one, canceling tasks sometimes does not work. The confirmation dialog appears, but nothing happens when I confirm.

Chrome version 27.0.1453.94 m, Windows 7 64 bits
  • chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm still having troubles with scroll bar and using Chrome, but IE started working, so I'm just using that now.

BIG BUG: DO NOT COLLECT ASTRAL DIAMOND IN GATEWAY

I just collected 2 "Protect Diamond Shipment" which awards you 1600 AD, but when I went to convert them in game, they were not there. This is another major bug that make Gateway unusable.

edit: made small correction.. actually lost 1600 each (3200 total). I've lost so much AD in this game (see Gate Crasher bugs) due to bugs that it's a little discouraging.
  • steelemagnoliasteelemagnolia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    Also having the 'no scrollbar' and losing the AD bugs.

Browser: Firefox
  • regolith13regolith13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same issues with Scroll bars sometimes work but takes several tries. I use both Firefox and Google Chrome.

Also as stated above "BIG BUG: DO NOT COLLECT ASTRAL DIAMOND IN GATEWAY" I have lost many many Many AD because I use the Gateway to do professions......... This is a BAD Bug, shame to run a Profession for 6-18 HOURS each and then lose the AD......

When are the New patch enhancements coming that will auto select for Professions, and will they work in the Gateway?
  • arkaeonarkaeon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    regolith13 wrote: »
    Same issues with Scroll bars sometimes work but takes several tries. I use both Firefox and Google Chrome.

Also as stated above "BIG BUG: DO NOT COLLECT ASTRAL DIAMOND IN GATEWAY" I have lost many many Many AD because I use the Gateway to do professions......... This is a BAD Bug, shame to run a Profession for 6-18 HOURS each and then lose the AD......

When are the New patch enhancements coming that will auto select for Professions, and will they work in the Gateway?

That's UNBELIEVABLE !! I and most of my Guilds mates lost thousands of AD just because (as many other customers) we trusted PW when they annunced and advertised their new Gateway, and we all used it.. until now.

Finally we recognized the big loss of AD we where experiencing, and soon we adviced all others guild memebers to avoid using Gateway for AD missions, but the big question is WHY THIS WASN'T ADVISED OFFICIALLY BEFORE??

If you advertise a product , that didin't work as intended and actually HURTS customers if they use it, you have the DUTY to warn them, and warn them loudly to limit the damage they could suffer.

Instead we had to discover it from ourselves, and only now, once the damage was already done to dozens of our guildmates..
  • kisiakisia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also having the 'no scrollbar' and losing the AD bugs.

Browser: Firefox

Same here, the no scrollbar can be fixed by switching professions, then switching back to the profession you want to use. The AD problem is way bigger in my opinion, leadership is useless in gateway.
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The AD bug has been known for over a month. There were several threads about it in the bug forums. I'm surprised you just recently learned about it. The list only showing Rare tasks happens both in game and in Gateway, not sure what is causing it. I have not managed to make it happen. Only Leadership projects I collect using the Gateway are ones that don't grant AD, there are many. For ones that grant any AD I log in to collect them.

Oh and Protect Diamond shipment is 1600 RAD, not 1k.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    In my experience you need to login the actual game for the AD to show up in your general character AD pool not in the unrefined AD pool.