What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need Reviews & Critique - 10-15 min quest

cudd1ycudd1y Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Into the Portrait

NW-DM8WFL7HJ

Save an artist by traveling into his own painting.

A very light, quick quest. Quick encounters and many are skippable if patient.

10-15 Minutes long.
Dialogue for 1 player, could still be challenging with 2.

Please-Please Try it and review. I could really use feedback. I've been playing around in foundry for a while but it's really hard to know if anything is decent because I don't get many plays.

Thanks,
Cudd1yCactus

Edit: Getting a ton great reviews, and fixing a bunch of little non-gamebreaking bugs. Thanks everyone.
Post edited by cudd1y on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Of course, leave your quest, I will review gladly.
  • Options
    bostishbostish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Trying your quest right now

Bay of Pigs by @Bostish
    Short Code:NW-DAITVBJAX
    Mission Type: Indoor/Outdoor Location Mission
    Average Duration:15 min
    Amount of Combat:average
    Starts at: Auction House NPC
    Mission Summary: The final battle to seal the fate of two species is finally here. Participate and possibly gain allies.

Description: At the base of all battles is nothing more important that what strikes at a man

Completed:
    Wow, very well done. The environment was perfect. I did have problems with some of the pathing lines and one of the signs I needed to hop up to read(22:25 in video). Rated you 5 stars for originality and a good time. I did die though :)

Play Test Video: (41 GWF) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTX_luIvFm8
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks, let me know.
    I will be playing yours in approx 1 hour. And will post review
  • Options
    pavvopavvo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi
    Very original quest and story. One of the few I've given 5 stars for! Keep up the good work.

Appreciate a review in return. Links in my signature below. Couple of short campaigns.
    If you only have time for one, I'm trying to get the 2nd part of the campaign - Amulet of the Shining Sun, eligible for dailies.

Cheers
    The Tale of the 3 Suns - NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    #1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    #2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
    #2 has choices that give a high amount of replayability

The Legend of Khyber - NWS-DK33EIYMY
    #1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    #2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
    Heavy combat/light story
  • Options
    vaelicvaelic Member Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    my quest is in my sig. thanks!
    MY FOUNDRY QUEST

Quest Title: Don't "Count" on it - Ch. 1
    Short Code: NW-DQ3H4MXKG
    Duration: 15-20 minutes

DAILY FOUNDRY ELIGIBLE? Yes!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thanks guys. Running all your quests now then fixing a few minor graphic glitches some people noted.

Edit: Thank you SO much bostish for the video. It helps me see all the little bugs and things I need to work out. Love the feedback too.

Double Edit: Looks like the encounters were taking a long time, considering tweaking them, but could have just been your class, not sure, will need more testing.
  • Options
    bostishbostish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Exactly, why I thought you would appreciate the video. I think a painting is worth a 1000 words (pun intended) :)

My death on the last boss was a maneuverability, not the encounter itself. Once I got it on the wall, was a pain to get behind her.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bostish wrote: »
    Trying your quest right now

Bay of Pigs by @Bostish
    Short Code:NW-DAITVBJAX
    Mission Type: Indoor/Outdoor Location Mission
    Average Duration:15 min
    Amount of Combat:average
    Starts at: Auction House NPC
    Mission Summary: The final battle to seal the fate of two species is finally here. Participate and possibly gain allies.

Description: At the base of all battles is nothing more important that what strikes at a man

Completed:
    Wow, very well done. The environment was perfect. I did have problems with some of the pathing lines and one of the signs I needed to hop up to read(22:25 in video). Rated you 5 stars for originality and a good time. I did die though :)

Play Test Video: (41 GWF) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTX_luIvFm8

Hey Bostish

Had a lot of fun playing your quest. here's just a couple things I wrote down while running it.

Loved the fire effects, especially with the barrels.

I was one shotting the pig hunters as CW, maybe up the difficulty of those random encounters, or make them more dense, because there weren't many random fights.

I cracked up when the two armies fought each other, that hasn't happened to me before on a quest.

By far the most annoying thing of this quest was something that bugged probably just me. There were a bunch of zones one after another, you zone in the house, almost immediately zone out to the field, then zone on the horse to another field. Just feels like maybe those zones could've all been put together or condensed.

I had a blast playing your quest, Lot's of fun, rated and reviewed and tipped. Thanks for allowing me to play it.

pavvo wrote: »
    Hi
    Very original quest and story. One of the few I've given 5 stars for! Keep up the good work.

Appreciate a review in return. Links in my signature below. Couple of short campaigns.
    If you only have time for one, I'm trying to get the 2nd part of the campaign - Amulet of the Shining Sun, eligible for dailies.

Cheers

Hi, I just got done playing your "Three Suns" quest. I will keep it short. To summarize, I enjoyed it, I fell asleep half way though lol, but I did enjoy it. It needs a ~lot~ of polish. I can tell you spent a lot of time on this quest, just clean it up, fix spelling mistakes, graphic stuff, just run it yourself and try to put yourself in the mindset of a typical first time player.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thank you Cudd1y!

I posted your quote in my thread for the quest (Bay of Pigs). http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?315231-Bay-of-Pigs-NW-DAITVBJAX

I should of had the link in my quest info I posted here in your thread.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Into the Portrait
    NW-DM8WFL7HJ

a Review by TripsOfThymr

Note: The will not suffer for nit-picky things.

- Story is highly original! Execution is great.
    - How did you do the B&W?? Very cool!
    - When visiting the sibling's house, there are two options
    - Enter the house
    - Enter the sage's shop
    Not sure why that is, but it is confusing.
    - In the painting there is a tree on a hill with a ground decal (hay?). The hay is floating in space. Coordinates 415.52, 20.52, 562.0. You can see coordinates with the command /locvec
    - In the Dungeon on Check the Sign, there is an invisible wall blocking direct progress. Not sure if that is intentional or not.
    - Fighting the RGB consumers, I got forced off the cliff. Ouch! I think it's fair, not everyone will like that.
    - "Trust me" bridge failed after 3rd or 4th part (was running).
    - Fun note: Cleric's Sun Burst works great against monsters on a bridge... pushes them right off...
    - There are few respawn points (campfires). Non-clerics will use a lot of potions...

Rating 5/5. Great job!

Another review from his thread on his quest http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?314581-New-amp-Improved-Review-for-Review/page2&highlight=review+review
    The majority of the notes have been fixed.
  • Options
    lumicakerylumicakery Member Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    Try out mine please? I'll check out yours now :)
    My foundry is in the sig
    Joachim the Coward
    NW-DKK8NIRO6
  • Options
    chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ok on it, Part II in sig please
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ok on it, Part II in sig please

I loved the first map, was incredibly pretty and really nice interactions. And then it broke, sign was out of LoS. I ran around it over and over, and I can see it was not your fault, really frustrating.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lumicakery wrote: »
    My foundry is in the sig
    Will play yours very shortly and let you know.
    I loved the first map, was incredibly pretty and really nice interactions. And then it broke, sign was out of LoS. I ran around it over and over, and I can see it was not your fault, really frustrating.

Hey, not sure when you played but a lot was fixed about an hour ago, including what you mentioned, thanks.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    cudd1y wrote: »
    Will play yours very shortly and let you know.

Hey, not sure when you played but a lot was fixed about an hour ago, including what you mentioned, thanks.

Ok will try again.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    lostchartalostcharta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi, trying yours now. Mine are in my sig if you want to take a look.
    If you play the 2nd one then could you look at the combat difficulty please? I've tweaked it recently.
    The 1st one has also been changed, had more detail put in and the combat mixed up to give more variety, so I'd appreciate some feedback on that if that's the one you choose.
    If you could review in the linked thread that would be great.

Edit:

That was very fun, and different. I was waiting to see if I could get painted troll fat from any of the painted trolls. Some minor problems but mainly very well done.

* Woodstack in room to left of door in house as you go in is slightly in the wall.
    * Couch also wall just slightly
    * Bed dito.
    * Both Paintings in master bedroom floating off wall
    * Some of the tumbledown portraits in the room with the quest giver are clipping into walls. Largest one not leaning on anything.
    * Hay bales near river clip into tree (though this may be the fault of the painter :))
    * Near those bales there is a plant growing out of a crate
    * House near village entrance 1/2 floating off the ground. In fact, several houses floating.
    * Waterfall is higher than cliff. (look at it from far away).
    * SW corner of village. Wall clips through door of house.
    * Several places on edge of map where you can see out of the world (out of the painting?)
    * The fight with 2 flamespikers and a magma beast is hard at higher levels. I've used it myself as a miniboss. It's made more difficult by the lack of space where you fight it. The boss was easy compared to this one. Maybe switch them?
    * In the crypt room there is an error with the cryptic lighting (I know because I encountered this myself). One of the hanging lanterns has a chain thar goes through the floor beneath it. Not much you can do about this except ether wait until it's fixed or turn off the lights and make your own.
    * The archway under the stairs in same room is floating off the ground a little. again, not your fault. I used a platform bring the ground level up to the right height.
    * Sarcophagus stuck in wall
    * The Fire is somewhat difficult to click. You could use an invisible clicky instead.

NW-DIRYOWUKYNW-DPXB42EEH
    The Linkwell CryptThe Linkwell Vault

@lostcharta
    solo campaign, balanced
    review thread
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    hi Cuddly, sent private.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lumicakery wrote: »
    My foundry is in the sig
    Just finished your quest. Had a lot of fun. I was extremely impressed by the environment, and a bit frustrated, because my next quest was going to be a bit abstract, like this :)
    All in all, good quests, not really any complaints. I didn't use the teleporter at all at the beginning and didn't read what it was for, so it may not be necessary.
    Some of the encounters were really hard and took awhile, but it was okay. Gave it 5/5 and tip.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lostcharta wrote: »
    Hi, trying yours now. Mine are in my sig if you want to take a look.
    If you play the 2nd one then could you look at the combat difficulty please? I've tweaked it recently.
    The 1st one has also been changed, had more detail put in and the combat mixed up to give more variety, so I'd appreciate some feedback on that if that's the one you choose.
    If you could review in the linked thread that would be great.

Edit:

That was very fun, and different. I was waiting to see if I could get painted troll fat from any of the painted trolls. Some minor problems but mainly very well done.

* Woodstack in room to left of door in house as you go in is slightly in the wall.
    * Couch also wall just slightly
    * Bed dito.
    * Both Paintings in master bedroom floating off wall
    * Some of the tumbledown portraits in the room with the quest giver are clipping into walls. Largest one not leaning on anything.
    * Hay bales near river clip into tree (though this may be the fault of the painter :))
    * Near those bales there is a plant growing out of a crate
    * House near village entrance 1/2 floating off the ground. In fact, several houses floating.
    * Waterfall is higher than cliff. (look at it from far away).
    * SW corner of village. Wall clips through door of house.
    * Several places on edge of map where you can see out of the world (out of the painting?)
    * The fight with 2 flamespikers and a magma beast is hard at higher levels. I've used it myself as a miniboss. It's made more difficult by the lack of space where you fight it. The boss was easy compared to this one. Maybe switch them?
    * In the crypt room there is an error with the cryptic lighting (I know because I encountered this myself). One of the hanging lanterns has a chain thar goes through the floor beneath it. Not much you can do about this except ether wait until it's fixed or turn off the lights and make your own.
    * The archway under the stairs in same room is floating off the ground a little. again, not your fault. I used a platform bring the ground level up to the right height.
    * Sarcophagus stuck in wall
    * The Fire is somewhat difficult to click. You could use an invisible clicky instead.

Fixed the important things. Also just finished your quest, it was a lot of fun, I thought the sewer was a bit lengthy but I'm sure everyone else will enjoy it. Felt like a really old style adventure game, I enjoyed it a lot, very well done. I haven't done the second part yet but I will, feel free to post this on your review page if you want.
  • Options
    voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ehy cudd1y, I'll play your quest in a couple of hours
    Check my sign to return the favor ;)
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
  • Options
    voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Dear cudd1y, I played your quest and I have to admit that some things have left me literally speechless. This was the most original quest that I've played in the foundry. The idea of ​​entering into a painting has always been one of my "obsession" and you somehow have satisfied this desire. Really compliments. I have only one suggestion that (I think) maybe will help to enrich your quest.

Have you considered the idea of ​​replacing the signs with something more scenic? Surely you have a lot of imagination so you shouldn't have difficulty in inventing something.

5 stars and time well spent.
    I hope you'll return the favor reviewing my quest. I'm curious to read the commentary of a person so imaginative
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think this is a really good quest - I think it will probably get to the best tab if you get enough initial reviews.

It's a unique premise driving the story that makes the questing more interesting itself. Some unique mechanics. Light on dialogue but what is there is well written and fairly interesting. Nice environment consistent with painting hopping.

Certainly there is room for improvement in some areas but once you get some plays I think your weighted rating should make it over 4 which is where you need to be at.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Wow, some fine reviews here. Adding this to my list. Hopefully you will return the favour and check mine out (title and code in sig).
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
  • Options
    zuvielezuviele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, same. This is now on my list. If you find the time, please check out the quest in my signature
    The Harper series (NWS-DG3ALMAAC):
    • Part 1: The Rescue (NW-DHWDQZ9YD)
  • Options
    oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I really liked this quest. Great concept, and very well-executed. Enjoyed your use of the black & white map, and the "invisible" floor was very clever, as were the signs. Also really liked how you handled the ending.

Kind of felt like the encounters were generic, perhaps you could think about either (a) figuring out the best ones to use that fit your story, and changing them, or (b) keeping these ones, but expanding the story a bit to explain a little more about who they are, and why they are doing this. I guess you want to keep a little mystery there too (it's that kind of quest), so it's a balancing act. So I guess the story could use a little tweaking, but not much really. It's quite good as is.

More people should check this one out. Very imaginative and well-presented, with a great ending.
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
  • Options
    mllebeanmllebean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited June 2013
    I’ll trade reviews with you. My quest is a roughly 30 minute single person spoof adventure: “Arty Boa and the Holy Grail”.

NW-DUTKDLBYI

Info and comments at http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?326671-My-first-quest!-Kind-hearted-reviewers-wanted-)&p=4198891#post4198891